Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper's First Mock Draft Has Us Passing On Claiborne For... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 18, 2012, 02:44:20 PM

If we passed Claiborne for Richardson... Shaking my head.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 18, 2012, 02:46:05 PM

if we get an multi-year ProBowler with our 1st round pick i dont care what position he plays.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 18, 2012, 02:53:06 PM

While I like Claiborne alot, getting Trent Richardson wouldn't be a bad thing either. Shore up the OL and CB in Free Agency and draft Richardson. I wouldn't have an issue at all with that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 18, 2012, 02:56:31 PM

While I like Claiborne alot, getting Trent Richardson wouldn't be a bad thing either. Shore up the OL and CB in Free Agency and draft Richardson. I wouldn't have an issue at all with that.

Me either but they need to address lb the most IMO.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#34 : January 18, 2012, 03:25:52 PM

An utterly bad pick. Can't make the RB selection that high anymore. That league is gone.

Agree, as much as I like TR...it's to high for a RB

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 18, 2012, 03:27:37 PM

An utterly bad pick. Can't make the RB selection that high anymore. That league is gone.

Agree, as much as I like TR...it's to high for a RB

Only way I draft him is of the take care of a lot of other needs in free agency. I highly doubt that happens.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 18, 2012, 04:17:40 PM

if we get an multi-year ProBowler with our 1st round pick i dont care what position he plays.
well you have a point.  we haven't had too many that have even panned out at all much less have been actually good.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 18, 2012, 04:22:01 PM

I'm not in favor of it either.  TR isn't that special.  But I'd have no problem with a 2nd or 3rd being used on the position.

I dont get your logic. If you believe that Trent Richardson who is head and shoulders better than the next rated RB, "isnt that special" then why even pick a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round who would be mediocre or bad compared to TR's "not special skill set. I would be trilled to have TR as a Buc as he would immediate be a top 3 RB in th NFL as far as his physical attributes. Great Runners can make a mediocre line like the Bucs look good. Plus he immediate commands the attention of DC to drop an extra man in the box which should open passing lanes for Freeman.
I don't think he's top 3 in the NFL material..top 10?  maybe.  but so could one of those 2nd rounders.  I don't think the difference is all that significant.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 18, 2012, 04:27:23 PM

Claiborne is not heads and shoulders better than other corners in the draft and this year is a great year for CBs in free agency.

I've come around more to this pick than I was.

And third round pick, Josh Norman out of Coastal Carolina is tearing apart the Shrine game.

bucshot420

Starter

#39 : January 18, 2012, 04:30:10 PM

Personally I'd like to see them try to trade back a couple of times first to around 9-15 range and then again to 20-25 range while picking up 2 additional 2nd and a 4th round picks.  In the 2nd round is where the real value of this draft is.  If we had 3 2nd round picks there would be some great possibilities.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 18, 2012, 04:31:50 PM

Claiborne is not heads and shoulders better than other corners in the draft and this year is a great year for CBs in free agency.

And third round pick, Josh Norman out of Coastal Carolina is tearing apart the Shrine game.
he might not be.  as someone else pointed out he hasn't gone against any elite WRs this last year.  a lot can change in the next 3 months.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 18, 2012, 04:49:05 PM

he might not be.  as someone else pointed out he hasn't gone against any elite WRs this last year.  a lot can change in the next 3 months.
Shutting down elite receivers is what Janoris Jenkins did to AJ Green and Julio Jones

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 18, 2012, 04:53:58 PM

don't think we can risk replace one character risk with another.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 18, 2012, 06:45:25 PM

Shutting down elite receivers is what Janoris Jenkins did to AJ Green and Julio Jones
What CB's without chronic marijuana problems are as good as Claiborne?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 18, 2012, 06:47:06 PM

The Bucs need a Kevin Faulk type back added to the roster not a Marshal Faulk.  And Richardson is purely recognized as a runner more so than a receiver.

Really???

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper's First Mock Draft Has Us Passing On Claiborne For... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools