Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazer's Cheap and not worth it « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

: January 18, 2012, 01:20:25 PM

Listening to 620 this morning, heard Ron and Ian discussing the profits of NFC teams. According to their research, the Saints and falcons profited about 26 mil each last year.

The Bucs? Well, your try-hard Bucs profited over 51 mil last year.

Defending the Glazers is cheering to lose.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 18, 2012, 01:25:18 PM

Sorry, but can't stuff laughing at the notion of Ron and Ian doing "research."

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 18, 2012, 01:27:28 PM

sounds about right. they saved 20+million on salaries. Its their product and they can manage however they want.

However since my money is in my pocket it will remain there unmolested and I shall root for another team in the NFL that has a snowball's chance in hell of winning.  - I will not be a Glazer's fool like Morgan ~buying season tickets and spending hundreds per game on parking and concessions...see ya Glazer boyz!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 18, 2012, 01:29:15 PM

Yep. It's been all about Not Spending Too much on the Bucs/ Making a Profit for over Half-a-Decade.

But they've hit a fork in the road.

Time to either put up or shut up, Glazers.
(You will lose fan support by the droves if it continues. Your choice.)

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : January 18, 2012, 01:47:36 PM

Listening to 620 this morning, heard Ron and Ian discussing the profits of NFC teams. According to their research, the Saints and falcons profited about 26 mil each last year.

That's why we've been calling them the Glazerhousers. Back in Hugh Culverhouse's day, most of the Bucs' teams were among of the all-time worst, but Culverhouse was one of the owners who made the highest profit. It's a business, afterall, isn't it?  Besides, the word is that the Glazerhousers are financiing their other franchise, Manchester-U. They're business men first, sports fans comes a distant second in that family.
: January 18, 2012, 01:55:14 PM morgan

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 18, 2012, 02:01:37 PM

Can you imagine that "fans" defend this?!

Either they are on the payroll, or lacking in critical thinking skills.

One of the worst teams, profiting the most!

Defend that!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 18, 2012, 02:05:27 PM

People have been calling them cheap for a while now. Complaining about it has done nothing. All we can do is hope they spend some this offseason.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#7 : January 18, 2012, 02:18:45 PM

Or hope that Edward John DeBartolo Jr. or Donald Trump buys the team, doesn't move the team to LA, and infuses big money into the frachise.

BucNGator

Starter

#8 : January 18, 2012, 02:21:36 PM

Yep. It's been all about Not Spending Too much on the Bucs/ Making a Profit for over Half-a-Decade.

But they've hit a fork in the road.

Time to either put up or shut up, Glazers.
(You will lose fan support by the droves if it continues. Your choice.)

This quote says it all about how I feel... I've been a fan since the beginning, moved away and have still supported the team regardless.  We had money set aside to come to a couple of games later in the season, but decided to put the money to better use and had a Vegas vacation instead.... the product on the field and a HC "learning on the job" didn't sound like a solid investment in out entertainment dollars.

......I found myself losing interest in even watching the team that I've loved for all of my adult life....  and that sucks!!  I WAS SERIOUSLY WALKING AWAY from the Bucs because of the things the "Glazer sons" have done to Malcom's team.  But they've piqued my interest in getting rid of the entire coaching staff....  the coaching hire and decisions made in FA will dictate the interest of a lot of fans, including myself.......

.... I hope they get it right, because I love coming home and seeing my team!!  They've siphoned off enough money from the club and it's time to reinvest in the product before they lose any more die-hard fans.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 18, 2012, 02:58:54 PM

Who on our team is worth even paying any kind of money for? Also not every free agent wants to sign with Tampa... Get over it already...

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 18, 2012, 03:01:18 PM

Did they explain how they arrived at these numbers or are we taking these numbers at face value?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 18, 2012, 03:05:40 PM

The Bucs haven't been the same since Malcolm had his stroke and his boys took control of the team. Hence why they are referred to as the Glazerhouse boys.

Hopefully they see these posts and take them to heart. I will no longer spend one dime of my hard earned money on the Bucs until the Glazerhouse boys show me they are interested in building a winner again.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 18, 2012, 03:08:13 PM

And by that I mean getting a quality coach, spending some in FA to upgrade the talent and drafting quality not quantity players.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 18, 2012, 03:09:10 PM

People have been calling them cheap for a while now. Complaining about it has done nothing. All we can do is hope they spend some this offseason.

If enough of the community speaks up, they WILL go packing. It has happened before, and will happen in the future.

"All we can do is hope" is apathy at it's best.

We need to make our voice heard. As demonstrated with Culverhouse or Namoli, the bay area has shown that we can put a lot of pressure on ownership to sh!t or get off the pot.  It can get real ugly for the Glazers.

We can see it taking place now. As fans are getting vocal about their disapproval, the local writers are beginning to catch on and write about the topic. Even national media is beginning to really notice.

Support what is right, otherwise you've given up!!

On a side note, I'd bet that everyone affiliated with but not named "glazer" working for Bucs, would really appreciate the help!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 18, 2012, 03:14:06 PM

Good LORD!!! THE WHINING!! THE INCESSANT, SNIVELING WHINING! MAKE IT STOP!!!

So if I chose not to rage about it and not let what the owners do with THEIR football team come between me and SUPPORTING that football team, and I don't let it bother me, I'm not a fan?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazer's Cheap and not worth it « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools