Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazer's Cheap and not worth it « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

DailyRich68

Starter
#105 : January 30, 2012, 07:20:26 AM

the only way fans have to force the Glazershousers to spend is to NOT buy tickets, right?

Actual, decreased income from ticket sales might spur them into further saving measures.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#106 : January 30, 2012, 07:28:01 AM

correct me if I am wrong but witht he new CBA do the Glazers not have to spend a minimum on salary this season?  I am hoping this causes them to bring in some talent and leadership.  I like having a young team but we need someone for the young players to look up to, not sure a coach that hasn't coached in the NFL or at least not a significant role is the answer.  Hopefully the OC and DC will bring in some experience.  Don't get me wrong I am intrigued by the Schiano hire but only because I want really badly for it to work out and be the first step to being a respectable competitive franchise, looking around the NFC South it isn't going to be easy to make the playoffs anytime soon.  We are young but I don't think any other team in the south is on the verge of entering the old folks home.

Hard to say.

You have reporters saying, along with Dominik they will be players in free agency and then other people close to the Glazers saying that will not happen.  The message is so mixed it is not humorous anymore, rather downright pitiful. 

My opinion is the same old will continue because frankly, the Redskins, 49ers, and Eagles will be aggressive in free agency.  If a quarter of NFL teams are aggressive in free agency expect the Bucs to take the reactive approach due to the large amount of competition which they will end up using most money to re-sign their own in the end.

Sharpshooter reporters should have asked Schiano what the Glazers and Dominik promised as far as being players in the free agency market. I wonder if the reporter would have been blacklisted by the Bucs thereafter.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#107 : January 30, 2012, 07:30:02 AM

the only way fans have to force the Glazershousers to spend is to NOT buy tickets, right?

Actual, decreased income from ticket sales might spur them into further saving measures.

TV Revenues is the largest source of income for the Glazers. $200 million/y. Ticket sales or lack of, only embarrasses the ownership.  Maybe the Glazers are beyond embarrassment at this point.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#108 : January 30, 2012, 12:29:14 PM

Correction: it is a robot unicorn. I appreciate your venting though, that is what these forums are for. It's actually refreshing to see someone else's opinion. It is interesting to see things from the perspective of someone that understands a successful Buccaneers team can improve the community. We don't want the Buccaneers becoming a league-wide joke. I am an organizational psychologist, and from my view, it is promising that the entire coaching staff was let go. All ties to the old culture and bad habits have been severed, no where to go but up.
SDB,
Out of curiosity, when you say "all ties to the old culture and bad habits have been severed" does that mean you don't think the GM and personnel/scouting department has any accountability for the situation?  Aren't they the ones that scouted/acquired the players on the roster?  Doesn't the final decision on which players are brought in rest with the GM?

I'm saying that the culture of the employees that interact with players on the front lines will change. Never had a problem with how the GM drafted or acquired players... never had any beef with the scouting department either. It's the guys who are most influential on the players that I was concerned about.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#109 : February 04, 2012, 01:10:32 PM

vincepb3 LOL!,

Did you read the Fab 5 (2/2/12) on the Pewter Board?

Let me guess! Assistant coaches pay is directly related to "how good your drafts have been"??

You, and many others, are in DENIAL.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#110 : February 04, 2012, 01:43:40 PM

And you're a crabby sour puss!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#111 : February 04, 2012, 03:36:59 PM

I'm not going to waste time giving my credentials as a "true" fan.  There is no way to prove them to anyone reading this, and no reason you should care.  I've just got to chime in on this thread.  I am sick and tired of people saying those who question the Glazers and their RECENT devotion to providing a quality product and winning, are not real fans.  If we can question the coaches and their decisions, Blount and his fumbles, or Sean Jones and his effort, why can we not question the league's lowest payroll?  Why can we not question the dedication to winning when the owners are shipping home games overseas? ( I know they promise not to do it again in the foreseable future..)  Debate and frustration is a right to all fans, just like praise and joy.  Blindly nodding and swalllowing what ever product being served is the act of mindless swine, not a fan. This is especially true when one is spending a small fortune of hard earned money in tight times.  For the first time in my life I was seriously considering  NOT renewing my tickets this off season. A debae made all the more difficult because my tickets went UP next year.  Trust is earned and it is lost.  The Glazers earned a wealth of trust when they came here and executed everything they said they would do when they first got here.  They have also burned through just about all of that in recent years.  I know all of the arguments you can use to justify the lack of spending- poor draft classes, no second contracts to renew, lack of a franchise quarterback etc..  Heck I have been using them myself for years.  Only this year and perhaps the flashbacks to the Culverhuse days have I stopped defending and started questioning.  And no, its not because of the record, I'm fairly immune to losing. I remember the days of Joe Ferguson and Vinny Testeverde calling a time out before the fist play of the second half.  I've seen bad football in those same seats and still come back year after year for more.  I'm just too old and too broke to spend money supporting a team that isn't at least making a sincere effort to win.

Being a fan is not a one sided affair.  All I ask in return is a clear dedication and effort to win.  That has been absent of late- in my opinion.  I am a fan of Tampa Bay- not theBuccaneers. I don't have some weird pirate fetish, or just love the color pewter.  I love the Bucs because the represent the community I live in.  Win or lose that is enough for me, as long as it doesn't feel like the team and their owners are abusing the trust my community and I are giving them.  My doubt about their desire to win does not make me or anyone else sharing that opinion any less of a fan than the sheep who insult us.
+1

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#112 : February 04, 2012, 03:50:58 PM

+1

Bump

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#113 : February 04, 2012, 04:11:30 PM

If they are not worth it, why bother?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#114 : February 04, 2012, 04:38:15 PM

Schiano knows the team has to earn trust.

How bout we actually let him BUILD THE TEAM and try to do it first?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Brahmal

Second String
#115 : February 04, 2012, 09:06:28 PM

Out of curiosity, when you say "all ties to the old culture and bad habits have been severed" does that mean you don't think the GM and personnel/scouting department has any accountability for the situation?  Aren't they the ones that scouted/acquired the players on the roster?  Doesn't the final decision on which players are brought in rest with the GM?
Certainly, and the job that the GM does reflects directly on the owners who hired him to operate their personal property. 

In the real world, private company owners are in a dog-eat-dog battle to preserve and expand their principle against cutthroat competition, and who they hire to run their company makes or breaks everything.  Success starts at the very top, and so does failure.  In the NFL, an owner could be dead and still make multi-millions every year guaranteed.  Without the incentive to be better, those owners not characterful enough to demand excellence from themselves and all around them will naturally slide into complacency and ineptitude.  That is the nature of a cartel.

fanofkit

Hall of Famer

#116 : February 04, 2012, 10:19:46 PM

Good post Brahmel. 

Beatles123: "Schiano knows the team has to earn trust.

How bout we actually let him BUILD THE TEAM and try to do it first?"

I certainly hope with all my might he does and know how and will be an unadulterated sucess.  I have invested thousands of dollars in tickets for next year to sit in my seats, and watch what ever the product turns out to be.This thread and most of the comments have not been slamming Schiano, but the Glazers and their apparent lack of commitment t winning recently. That is a valid concern and topic for dbate or conversation.Unless I am wrong, that is why these forums are here - to debate and converse about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as fans.  Perhaps disgruntled fans, but fans.  None of us are paid to wear tight  uniforms and wave pom poms, so honest questioning and airing our concerns is perfectly acceptable and I would assume encouraged.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#117 : February 05, 2012, 12:01:20 PM

Eddie D baby!!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#118 : February 05, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Eddie D baby!!!!

I'm sure many fans would love to see that but do the glazers want to sell? I don't see it.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazer's Cheap and not worth it « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools