Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazer's Cheap and not worth it « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 18, 2012, 03:14:10 PM

The Bucs haven't been the same since Malcolm had his stroke and his boys took control of the team. Hence why they are referred to as the Glazerhouse boys.
You mean the best players in franchise history who were drafted by the coach Malcolm fired got old and the guys Malcolm hired to replace him could find jack for good players?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 18, 2012, 03:18:09 PM

DTG said the glazer boys have been involved with football decisions since they purchased the team. Malcolm was never really involved.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 18, 2012, 03:18:22 PM

Yep. It's been all about Not Spending Too much on the Bucs/ Making a Profit for over Half-a-Decade.

But they've hit a fork in the road.

Time to either put up or shut up, Glazers.
(You will lose fan support by the droves if it continues. Your choice.)

Another of many forks... This one is a biggie though.

I won't ever forget or dismiss them for the years that they wasted.
Hoping the Glazers do anything above what they're doing lately seems really unguided.
I'll just hope for the fans and for the team that something changes for the better.

GO BUCS!!!!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : January 18, 2012, 03:18:22 PM

Check out the valuation graphs (ie playter salary cost-to-win ratio) and compare to other teams....

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/30/nfl-valuations-11_Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers_306470.html

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 18, 2012, 03:20:43 PM

The Bucs haven't been the same since Malcolm had his stroke and his boys took control of the team. Hence why they are referred to as the Glazerhouse boys.

Hopefully they see these posts and take them to heart. I will no longer spend one dime of my hard earned money on the Bucs until the Glazerhouse boys show me they are interested in building a winner again.

People need to realize that Malcom was more of a spectator than being much in control...his sons have been involved from the get go...even during the Super Bowl and cap-strapped years.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 18, 2012, 03:21:11 PM

Good LORD!!! THE WHINING!! THE INCESSANT, SNIVELING WHINING! MAKE IT STOP!!!

So if I chose not to rage about it and not let what the owners do with THEIR football team come between me and SUPPORTING that football team, and I don't let it bother me, I'm not a fan?

Rage? Can you handle the truth?

Nobody is pulling anyone's fan card. If you don't let it bother you, good for you. Seriously. This sh!t is whacked.

Relatively speaking, within reason, fans SHOULD be critical. It is hard to support this product.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 18, 2012, 03:24:12 PM

Check out the valuation graphs (ie playter salary cost-to-win ratio) and compare to other teams....

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/30/nfl-valuations-11_Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers_306470.html

Oh what is this?

"The team continues to be wildly profitable because of low player costs. "  (AKA "THE PLAN")

Now lets watch people dip, dive, character attack, whatever it takes not to address obvious discussion points like this.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 18, 2012, 03:25:22 PM

To hell with what they have done in the past. Show me this offseason that they are willing to spend some money on this team.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 18, 2012, 03:36:17 PM

History is important. Many of today's strategies are just borrowed and customized concepts from the past. History gives a great indication of what one group may do in the future...

You know, "Actions are louder than words"...

If the Glazers previous actions are water under the bridge for you, so be it. History shows that all probability suggest that there is little reason to just sit on your hands and be optimistic about this ownership group.

Another side note....Why are we so docile here in Tampa??!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 18, 2012, 03:47:51 PM

Correction: The Bucs made $50.8 million this year, not the over 51 mil that I originally stated. Accuracy seems to be the gold standard around here, and I certainly would not want to tarnish the Glazers' shining reputation.

The losing Bucs, who had several blackouts this year MADE MORE MONEY than:
Patriots SOLDOUT EVERY GAME
Texans  SOLDOUT EVERY GAME
Bears etc...  SOLDOUT EVERY GAME
Many more successful teams that I'm forgetting at the moment...

HA!

Who gives a damn about the truth anyways? lol sigh

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 18, 2012, 04:24:32 PM

DW,

You are definately the $Barth when it comes to kicking the dead horse.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 18, 2012, 04:35:33 PM

Dude, he is upset like any real fan having strong emotional ties to their team.
But, now the good news, we fans can begin to live again on Sunday by not dedicating three quarters of the day to a bunch of millionaire crybabies who play like they could care less. I always knew I wanted to actually DO things on Sunday. The Bucs are so totally lost ...such a sad sad product these Glazer boys have fielded...I dont even card what they do anymore. Theyre not getting my money regardless.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 18, 2012, 04:38:30 PM

DW,

You are definately the $Barth when it comes to kicking the dead horse.

It is a live and underreported story. It's very pertinent to the team and fans, I'd think.

Maybe people just don't want to face the truth? It is a strange phenomenon...

BTW, I'm not here to bum people out. I'm hoping to shed light on an obvious situation here that WILL HELP the team in the long run. Why keep supporting a group that doesn't further the Buc flag?!

If our owners are going to profit over 50 mil a year, give us a crap product, (and that's before their revenue escalates to over 218 million this year in tv money alone), then they need to be run out of town.

....to the people who can handle giving a damn.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 18, 2012, 04:40:06 PM

If the Glazers are "not worth it", why do you incessantly make threads about them?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 18, 2012, 04:40:58 PM

Dude, he is upset like any real fan having strong emotional ties to their team.
But, now the good news, we fans can begin to live again on Sunday by not dedicating three quarters of the day to a bunch of millionaire crybabies who play like they could care less. I always knew I wanted to actually DO things on Sunday. The Bucs are so totally lost ...such a sad sad product these Glazer boys have fielded...I dont even card what they do anymore. Theyre not getting my money regardless.

Thanks man, and I could not agree more.

If chace wants to brand me with the distinction of persistently pressing the issue of the Glazers not spending, I'll gladly accept that title.   -Because it is right!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazer's Cheap and not worth it « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools