Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Running back value « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 01, 2012, 04:44:22 PM

Build a dominating line and even Steven Hawkings can rush for a thousand behind it.  Lasts longer too.
+1

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 22, 2012, 09:00:59 AM

In case anyone is inetrested Vick Ballard started for the Colts yesterday and got 20 carries for 84 yards and had a reception for 19 yards.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 22, 2012, 09:14:33 AM

In case anyone is inetrested Vick Ballard started for the Colts yesterday and got 20 carries for 84 yards and had a reception for 19 yards.

TRich had a good day, he was a 8 for 8.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 22, 2012, 10:28:08 AM

vick ballard was available in the 5th round and is averaging 3.1 ypc, 0 TD's.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 22, 2012, 10:29:00 AM

We have 2 good runningbacks despite what the haters are saying. How about some lineman next season???

i agree.  but which OL positiion do you focus on?  and how early?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 22, 2012, 10:37:22 AM

We're stuck with the left side. Frankly, Nicks hasn't been a dominator by any means and Penn is well Penn but both got paid so they aren't going anywhere. Davin's worthless self should be back to bring his unique brand of highly paid suck to us. Zuttah got his so the only spot where there's no a highly paid incumbent is at RT. I'm guessing they go there and that is a R2 type spot where you look for those guys.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 22, 2012, 10:40:30 AM

Quote from: dalbuc
Davin's worthless self should be back to bring his unique brand of highly paid suck to us.
I am laughing hysterically, great quote.

MagicMike

Starter
#22 : October 22, 2012, 11:13:21 AM

I think we need at least one OT who can come in and start at RT and then be groomed to play LT.  And, we probably need another OG/OC who can be a starter if Nicks, Joseph or Zuttah get injured.  The OT probably needs to be taken in the first or second round, depending on our draft position, and perhaps a trade down scenario comes into play to land an extra pick like this past year.  The OG/OC can be taken in the 3-5 round. 

I think we really need a CB in round 1, and probably a FS later in the draft because Barber can't play forever.  I'd also like to see an extra pass rusher and NT. 

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 22, 2012, 11:26:39 AM

I think the concept of a "dominating offensive line" is a dinosaur in the NFL. Really, what are the dominating O-Lines in the league right now? There are a number of reasons, and I'll give you a few. First and formost some D-Lineman are just too good to be blocked one on one even by the best O-Lineman. JJ Watt and JPP come to mind. Second it is a QB and passing league now days. As we saw with Green Bay vs Houston last week a great passing game is going to be a great running game. Great QBs are going to make an O-Line look better than they are. Bad QBs will make them look worse. Especially with all of the exotic blitzes going on in the league, a QB really needs to be able to get protections set and do a good job at audibling run plays (the 2nd of which I think Freeman needs more liberty and experience doing).

All of that said, I'd love to get Barret Jones or either of the Texas A&M Tackles although I'd prefer one of the stud D-Ends.

aarex

Rookie

#24 : October 22, 2012, 11:56:14 AM

I think the concept of a "dominating offensive line" is a dinosaur in the NFL. Really, what are the dominating O-Lines in the league right now? There are a number of reasons, and I'll give you a few. First and formost some D-Lineman are just too good to be blocked one on one even by the best O-Lineman. JJ Watt and JPP come to mind. Second it is a QB and passing league now days. As we saw with Green Bay vs Houston last week a great passing game is going to be a great running game. Great QBs are going to make an O-Line look better than they are. Bad QBs will make them look worse. Especially with all of the exotic blitzes going on in the league, a QB really needs to be able to get protections set and do a good job at audibling run plays (the 2nd of which I think Freeman needs more liberty and experience doing).

All of that said, I'd love to get Barret Jones or either of the Texas A&M Tackles although I'd prefer one of the stud D-Ends.

uhhhh texans?

Havok904

Starter

#25 : October 22, 2012, 02:31:18 PM

Eddie Lacy from Alabama would be the most logical choice...

He should be available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds...

Nice combo of speed, size, and power...

LaWanda Blount sucks...
: October 22, 2012, 02:36:50 PM Havok904

acacius

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 22, 2012, 02:43:45 PM

Wait, are you seriously suggesting the team spend *another* high draft pick on a running back?  (Note when the original post was made.)

LaWanda Blount sucks...
What are you, twelve?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 22, 2012, 02:48:34 PM

Wait, are you seriously suggesting the team spend *another* high draft pick on a running back?  (Note when the original post was made.)
Yeah, the whole point of this thread was identifying players projected to be available well after the 1st round who could come close to producing like a 1st round pick would produce.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Havok904

Starter

#28 : October 22, 2012, 03:31:14 PM

Spending being available in the Second doesn't mean pulling the trigger fool...I would at 3

LaWanda Blount sucks...
What are you, twelve?

Are you an idiot?...

Blount  is a 250lb NFL RB that doen't have enough instinct to keep his head up to look for a crease in the line, instead drives the top of his helmet into his linemen's back...now add that to the fact that he can't block or catch...

watch the game and stop cheering for the jersey number, fool

acacius

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 22, 2012, 03:59:05 PM

Ok, in addition to being too incompetent to quote properly, and so immature that you think that changing a player's name to a woman's is somehow clever, you also apparently can't read.  I have no particular issue with the idea of drafting another running back late-ish (which the original point of the thread was to identify good candidates for).  My issue was with the idea of spending another relatively high pick on a running back.  (And yes, a third round pick is still a fairly high draft pick.)  The team has far too many holes to be doing that, particularly the year after they spent a first round pick on one.  That doesn't have a thing to do with cheering for a jersey number.
: October 22, 2012, 04:01:18 PM acacius
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Running back value « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools