Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Mystery" Candidate « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 22

RhemaLogo

Rookie

: January 19, 2012, 03:10:31 PM

Okay PR world, I just finished talking with a buddy of mine who has been a season ticket holder for 23 years and his wife works at One Buc. Anyways, he told me that a little birdie has been flying around One Buc saying that ownership has narrowed down their search to two candidates and one of them has not even been mentioned among the names we have been reading and posting about. He said that the Glazers picked Dallas in order to "escape" local media and to make it more convenient for this "mystery" candidate. He said that the Glazers have promised some of the "big money" season ticket holders that they would make a splash this offseason. Take it for what its worth, but I can say that I know for a fact that his wife works at One Buc and her position entitles her to know things before it reaches the general public. I have reason to believe that this mystery candidate lives and works in Texas, but I can't seem to figure out who it is. I have even checked through the college ranks but can't find that "big splash" candidate.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 19, 2012, 03:13:30 PM

There is little doubt that the Glazers have spoken to at least one candidate that has not been reported by the Tampa media. There is also a reason they're conducting interviews out of town. I don't know if they've done it for convenience of a candidate, or just to escape the local media. Your information is definitely plausible.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 19, 2012, 03:13:56 PM

Thanks for sharing. Don't know where candidates live, so not sure.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 19, 2012, 03:14:34 PM

What if it's someone like Mike Gundy at OSU? I don't know that he'd be considered a "splash" and I think he just signed a long term deal at OSU. Anyway, It could be that the person is in TX or they could live in a state close to Texas or even be visiting Texas and they went to meet them there. I wouldn't read too much into it but still interesting. I hope one of the two coaches is Mike Zimmer.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 19, 2012, 03:15:18 PM

Well...Sherman may still be lingering around Texas after being fired. Gary Patterson is the HC at TCU in Ft. Worth...that's hardly a "splash". If it were Rob Ryan...then it wouldnt be a mystery because of the permission they would need from the Boys....hmm.
: January 19, 2012, 03:16:57 PM chace1986

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 19, 2012, 03:17:04 PM

Actually, two names that come to mind are Rob Ryan and Rick Dennison. And you can get permission without it being made public. It is the agents of these coaches who leak these things to the media. The teams do not have to publicize the requests for interviews.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 19, 2012, 03:17:51 PM

Mack Brown perhaps??

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 19, 2012, 03:20:37 PM

Please please please please please
                                         l
                                         l
                                         l
                                         l
                                        V

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 19, 2012, 03:23:45 PM

You know... I coulda swore someone on this board really wanted Dennison as the coach... I feel like it is right in front of my eyes... but I just can't place it.   ;)

buchead

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 19, 2012, 03:23:46 PM

Maybe Wade Phillips doubled back? I cant think of any big name Texans out there. Mack Brown? IDK just grasping here.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 19, 2012, 03:25:45 PM

JC5100:

If the OP's report is true, Dennison could very well be the guy they're talking to. He's got a good resume, long NFL tenure, and is an offensive mind who knows how to get a lot out of his offensive unit. He also climbed his way up through the ranks, and has, I think, 6-7 years experience as an OC. He's also in his early 50's, which means he could stay here for quite some time, and doesn't come with the expiration date like Marty would.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 19, 2012, 03:26:57 PM

Mack Brown perhaps??

Being in Austin, I can tell you that Mack will never make the jump to NFL. Like never ever. The Gundy mention would be the only Big 12 coach who probably would make the move and is becoming a popular name. Bob Stoops will never make the jump either...he just completed a huge mansion south of OKC and is a huge family guy who probably will never uproot....especially for the $ he is taking from OU. Lol...what if its Barry Switzer...he lives in OKC...not a far drive at all from the DFW metroplex.

ingolf

Practice Squad
#12 : January 19, 2012, 03:35:39 PM

If the Glaziers come up whit a new canditat  they must have been going down on their knees an begged TD to come back.

RhemaLogo

Rookie

#13 : January 19, 2012, 03:38:03 PM

Forgot to mention....faxes have been flying back and forth today at One Buc concerning hotel stays, reservations, etc. Maybe a decision is coming soon...don't know and neither does he.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 19, 2012, 03:41:36 PM

Also, I may be wrong, but I believe Jack Del Rio still maintains a home in Texas. I'll see if I can find out for sure.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Mystery" Candidate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools