Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dom will draw my wrath if Sherman is hired « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 21, 2012, 07:15:07 PM

I just hope the man isn't hired. If he is then ill hope he proves me wrong.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 21, 2012, 07:19:43 PM

I heard Dominik just logged into PR Red Board, saw this thread and immediately called the FBI to be placed in witness protection. Man, you scared the shlt out of him.

LOL, good one, ABF.

And people act like MD has the final decision-making power on the new head coach.
Thanks for posting that letter in the other thread. My only recollection really was the Sapp/Chad Clifton/Sherman incident. I never liked Sherman since then. After reading that letter, I can understand why he reacted the way he did. Shows the extent of the feelings has has for his players. I can't say that letter has changed my mind about wanting him as the HC. But after reading that, I won't be pissed off if he is hired. I'll take the approach of...."OK, this is our new HC. Let's support him and see what he can do to help us."

This should be the response, but it won't...

Most will **CENSORED** moan and complain.
Tried that with Morris and look how that turned out.  I'm sure most of the fans are tired of the wait and see garbage we've dealt with for the past three years and feel just as nauseated by the notion of Sherman being the next head coach...so I'm sorry if I don't join the meek "wait and see" crowd any longer.

and there's the problem right there...

Not every situation is going to be what happened w/ Morris.  Even if the next HC is another position coach (e.g. Tom Clements) you cannot let the Morris experience sway you one way or another.

What is guaranteed is that no matter who the next HC is, they are not guaranteed success.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 21, 2012, 07:22:56 PM

I'm sorry if I don't join the meek "wait and see" crowd any longer.

You have no choice. There are no guarantees. Even if the Bucs hire the best possible coach, the biggest name, a Super Bowl winner. So no matter who they hire, you're going to have to wait and see what their results will be.

HolyBuc

Starter
#18 : January 21, 2012, 07:29:14 PM

Dan that makes way too much sense for this board.  I'm not for Sherman but I would imagine his experience with personal moves is something the Glazers like.  Sort of a check on Dom?
: January 21, 2012, 07:31:25 PM Foedus

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 21, 2012, 07:29:42 PM

Dom will draw my wrath if Sherman is hired

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#20 : January 21, 2012, 07:39:16 PM

That is awesome

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 21, 2012, 07:57:50 PM

Well, Sherman has fallen right o his butt the last at least 6 years he has been a HC.  Might as well bring him here to fall on it for 3 more.  You guys that have him at the top of your lists must be wondering why no other team has any interest.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 21, 2012, 07:59:23 PM

Might as well bring him here to fall on it for 3 more.

You must make a killing in Vegas!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 21, 2012, 08:21:32 PM

Blah, blah, blah.

That's what is sounds like when people attempt to re-write the Glazer's profiteering into something honorable... lol

Who's your coaching prediction?

Blah blah blah.

Small talk.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#24 : January 21, 2012, 08:55:31 PM

I'm sorry if I don't join the meek "wait and see" crowd any longer.

You have no choice. There are no guarantees. Even if the Bucs hire the best possible coach, the biggest name, a Super Bowl winner. So no matter who they hire, you're going to have to wait and see what their results will be.
What I meant is that I refuse to blindly support Sherman if he is hired just because like I did with Morris.  Nothing on Shermans resume shows that he can turn us around, his success in GB was due to Farve....he was garbage at A&M.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 21, 2012, 09:26:35 PM

What I meant is that I refuse to blindly support Sherman if he is hired just because like I did with Morris.  Nothing on Shermans resume shows that he can turn us around, his success in GB was due to Farve....he was garbage at A&M.

So what team are you going to root for if he's hired?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#26 : January 21, 2012, 11:24:05 PM

I hate Sherman and he would be a terrible hire. However, the main reason he was let go at aTm was because he didn't blindly support the aTm move to the S.E.C. I know DTG thinks hiring Sherman would be a good idea, but ask any average fan of the Buccaneers about Sherman and all they will remember is the incident with Sapp.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 21, 2012, 11:28:56 PM

So what team are you going to root for if he's hired?

the Bucs obviously...just not the coach.  Also, just wondering...but who are you really?  It just seems like ur breaking my balls and all but at the same time, you give "insider" info yet want to stay anonymous...why is that exactly?  Just seems kinda slimy that you would post all this garbage here a few months ago and get everybody all riled up yet want to keep your identity hidden.
: January 21, 2012, 11:30:33 PM Ramonb

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 21, 2012, 11:33:07 PM

the Bucs obviously...just not the coach.

I see. So you're for the TEAM but you won't support the coach. So if they win, I'm guessing you're one of those "they won in spite of the coach" guys, right?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 21, 2012, 11:34:52 PM

I know DTG thinks hiring Sherman would be a good idea, but ask any average fan of the Buccaneers about Sherman and all they will remember is the incident with Sapp.

Actually, Sherman isn't on the top of my list. And yes, the Sapp thing was embarrassing and I know that's what people mostly remember. No one really wants to take the time to look a little deeper, or keep their mind open, or give someone other than their select group of coaching choices a chance.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dom will draw my wrath if Sherman is hired « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools