Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dom will draw my wrath if Sherman is hired « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#30 : January 21, 2012, 11:35:25 PM

Nope, Id happily admit that I was wrong.  I'm just stating that I believe Sherman would be a HUGE mistake, and that the main reason he ends up getting the job, if he does, is because he and Dom share the same agent, not because of his qualifications. 

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 21, 2012, 11:37:36 PM

Mike Sherman is just nothing special. I mean my god I would rather suffer through Raheem another year then have Mike Sherman. It was a nice feeling at first when I forgot about him.

The Glazers just can't be that stupid. They really can't look at Marty then go back to Mike. It is just cruel and unfair punishment to Bucs fans. We just want the best option at HC and Mike Sherman is just not it, I am sorry.

We got rid of the entire coaching staff so we don't have a scheme right now so we should just go with the best possible candidate and let him work with the team. If that means we go to the 3-4 then I don't care. Its not like we were getting sacks from the 4-3 system anyways. I would trade all the sacks in the world if it meant we could stop the run and pass. The Tampa 2 is dead. Let us move on and become a better team.

Lets start by not hiring Mike Sherman for one.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 21, 2012, 11:39:31 PM

I'm just stating that I believe Sherman would be a HUGE mistake, and that the main reason he ends up getting the job, if he does, is because he and Dom share the same agent, not because of his qualifications.

Well, then you'd be wrong, because as I've said previously, MD will NOT be the final decision maker. There will be NO head coach hired without 100% full buy-in and blessing of the Glazers. They won't hire a coach because he happens to have the same agent as their GM. Hell, Mark might not still be the GM if Cowher had agreed to bring his show to town.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#33 : January 21, 2012, 11:39:48 PM

I know DTG thinks hiring Sherman would be a good idea, but ask any average fan of the Buccaneers about Sherman and all they will remember is the incident with Sapp.

Actually, Sherman isn't on the top of my list. And yes, the Sapp thing was embarrassing and I know that's what people mostly remember. No one really wants to take the time to look a little deeper, or keep their mind open, or give someone other than their select group of coaching choices a chance.

There is nothing to look deeper into. He is a below average to average coach. Having him hired would make my feel like I did the last 4 weeks of this past regular season.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 21, 2012, 11:41:30 PM

He is a below average to average coach.

I guess that means we can agree that he'd be an upgrade.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#35 : January 21, 2012, 11:43:53 PM

DTG only slightly. By that I mean 6-10, 7-9 for 3 years and then fired.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 21, 2012, 11:45:18 PM

DTG only slightly. By that I mean 6-10, 7-9 for 3 years and then fired.

Maybe so. Then we'll be doing this again then!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 21, 2012, 11:46:24 PM

DTG, who would be your 1st choice?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 21, 2012, 11:47:42 PM

DTG, who would be your 1st choice?

Of those that are in play, Marty is my top choice. His age doesn't scare me, the guy is vital.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 21, 2012, 11:57:02 PM

I'm just stating that I believe Sherman would be a HUGE mistake, and that the main reason he ends up getting the job, if he does, is because he and Dom share the same agent, not because of his qualifications.

Well, then you'd be wrong, because as I've said previously, MD will NOT be the final decision maker. There will be NO head coach hired without 100% full buy-in and blessing of the Glazers. They won't hire a coach because he happens to have the same agent as their GM. Hell, Mark might not still be the GM if Cowher had agreed to bring his show to town.
The question is, do you think if Cowher gives in and says he has interest in the Tampa job but only if they fire Mark Dominik, do you think the Glazers do it?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 22, 2012, 12:02:05 AM

Schotty is the best guy for the job. I think Sherman would not be so bad anymore. He might the type of guy the players need. Sherman knows his stuff, but he is not rock-n-roll at all. The only guy I think is a true clown is brad "look at Visante Shiancoes Wang" Childress. Ugh. I would not mind Big Sherm. Who cares if he had beef with Warren? I don't. I do think he can help josh develop rapidly.
: January 22, 2012, 12:05:02 AM Boid Fink

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 22, 2012, 12:02:27 AM

The question is, do you think if Cowher gives in and says he has interest in the Tampa job but only if they fire Mark Dominik, do you think the Glazers do it?

I think they'd try to work out a way to keep him, perhaps see if he wanted to have a different set of responsibilities that wouldn't cross over into what Cowher wanted. Barring that, then yes, I believe if Cowher said "I'll come if you can your GM" then they would.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 22, 2012, 12:32:21 AM

I think they'd try to work out a way to keep him, perhaps see if he wanted to have a different set of responsibilities that wouldn't cross over into what Cowher wanted. Barring that, then yes, I believe if Cowher said "I'll come if you can your GM" then they would.

After their past experience with giving Gruden too much say in personnel matters, I find it hard to believe that the Glazers would be willing to do it again. People don't stop to realize that Cowher inherited a Super Bowl-ready team from Noll and it STILL took him 14 years to win one. Do you think the Glazers and Bucs fans would have the patience to wait that long again?.....Tony Dungy doesn't think so. Cowher's Steelers choked in a hellava lot more playoff appearances than Dungy's teams did.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 22, 2012, 12:37:28 AM

After their past experience with giving Gruden too much say in personnel matters, I find it hard to believe that the Glazers would be willing to do it again. People don't stop to realize that Cowher inherited a Super Bowl-ready team from Noll and it STILL took him 14 years to win one. Do you think the Glazers and Bucs fans would have the patience to wait that long again?.....Tony Dungy doesn't think so. Cowher's Steelers choked in a hellava lot more playoff appearances than Dungy's teams did.

I have now come to believe two things:

1) That they made a serious attempt to get Cowher prior to the last game of the season;
2) Cowher is the ONLY coach for which they'd have given up their GM.

I'm just sharing what I have now come to believe on the matter, not debating history or logic.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#44 : January 22, 2012, 12:54:46 AM

People don't stop to realize that Cowher inherited a Super Bowl-ready team from Noll and it STILL took him 14 years to win one.
I'm sorry, but this line of thinking is so stupid it is just flat out ridiculous. Whether or not Cohwer inherited a SuperBowl winning team in your opinion or not, the Steelers were quite irrelevant for a while after their greatness of the '70's. Not only that, but how can one dismiss the relevance that whether it took him 14 years to "finally" win one, that he had his team mentioned year in and year out as a possible SuperBowl candidate. The team was always tough, and never a push over. Even during their down years which weren't many. He guided his team to 6 AFC Championship games during his tenure with 10 total seasons in the playoffs. It is just flat out ignorance and denial to not give the guy credit for his accomplishments. Even in the face of Free Agency for which the Steelers are the one team who has lost more good players in FA since FA began then any other team.

Oh, and this sure as hell doesn't sound like a SuperBowl ready team the franchise skidded to its first losing seasons since 1971. Though still competitive, the Steelers would not finish above .500 in 1985, 1986, and 1988. In 1987, the year of the players' strike, the Steelers finished with a record of 87, but missed the playoffs. In 1989, they would reach the second round of the playoffs on the strength of Merrill Hoge and Rod Woodson before narrowly missing the playoffs in each of the next two seasons.

I guess non-playoff teams are your definition of "SuperBowl ready?"

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dom will draw my wrath if Sherman is hired « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools