Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With Chip Kelly As Coach What Are Your Expectations For Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« : January 22, 2012, 08:44:08 PM »

I am excited to see what this guy can do with Freeman. Definitely will play to Freeman's strengths. Hopefully he can bring Freeman back to life.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 22, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »

I am excited to see what this guy can do with Freeman. Definitely will play to Freeman's strengths. Hopefully he can bring Freeman back to life.

I think this hire was always going to be about Freeman.  He always did well with more receivers and the no huddle.  This may be perfect for him but we will have to upgrade the line or teach Blount to block or both.  Kelly doesn't have the backs block much but I think he's going to have to in the NFL. 

YReceiver14

Starter

« #2 : January 22, 2012, 08:52:58 PM »

While I'm 99% sure they wouldn't have hired Kelly without assurances that Freeman would still be the man, one could make the argument that JJ and, dare I say it, RG3 would have fit his Oregon offense better.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 22, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »

Freeman would need to lose some fat, which he should be doing regardless of the offense. He should look more like Cam Newton than Jamarcus Russell at the beginning of the season.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 22, 2012, 08:57:12 PM »

a trade?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

awitron

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 22, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »

I have no idea. Chip Kelly is going to bring an offense that fits his players. I said this in another thread, he is not married to a scheme. He wants the ball in the hands of his playmakers. I do expect a lot more no-huddle which a lot of us agree Freeman was at his best in.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #6 : January 22, 2012, 09:33:10 PM »

I have been critical of Freeman, but am curious to see what he can do with him

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 22, 2012, 09:34:30 PM »

I see more freedom and actual open play calling that suits his strengths.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 22, 2012, 09:43:23 PM »

Given the fact that Kelly doesn't have an offense who knows - I mean that crap he runs now isn't an offense so if he tries to jam that in Freeman and any other QB will go down in flames.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 22, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »

So you change your mind again with you nick huh?

No offense but you're a tool.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 22, 2012, 09:46:45 PM »

So you change your mind again with you nick huh?

No offense but you're a tool.

I used words like maybe and hopefully, so that means I change my mind? Get out of here with that non-sense... I am excited to see what he can do with Freeman that doesn't mean anything. It certainly doesn't mean I think Freeman will be good again... Maybe you should pay more attention to what is said. It's all about the wording and obviously you don't know what the difference is...

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 22, 2012, 09:49:06 PM »

Whatever 13yearoldmindForcedTrauma.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 22, 2012, 09:50:28 PM »

Whatever 13yearoldmindForcedTrauma.

Of course that is your response because you know what I said was right... I NEVER said he was going to be good again and you claimed I did which obviously I didn't...

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 22, 2012, 09:53:11 PM »

Omg

Calm the hell down people.  Freeman will still be the QB.  If you think they're trading Freeman in favor of JJ or drafting ANOTHER QB you're crazy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #14 : January 22, 2012, 10:53:48 PM »

I see this most likely as the nail in Freeman's coffin. Kelly can not run his gadget filled option spread offense in the NFL. He will be running something else, and if you look at the history of college head coaches that make the jump to NFL head coaches, the results are dreadful. Odds are this will be a disaster and Freeman will pay the price with his professional career.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With Chip Kelly As Coach What Are Your Expectations For Freeman? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools