Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With Chip Kelly As Coach What Are Your Expectations For Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 22, 2012, 10:54:51 PM

Let's seriously hope Kelly trades Freeman for Tebow.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 22, 2012, 10:56:53 PM

Let's seriously hope Kelly trades Freeman for Tebow.

Depending on what Kelly runs and what he is thinking it actually could be possible. I think it would be more likely that we try to draft RG3 though, it seem more likely

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 22, 2012, 10:58:13 PM

If Freeman has any chance of being a legitimate franchise QB, this is it.  He needs an offensive minded HC to point him in the right direction.  At the very least, he needs to be given this upcoming year and the following one for us to really know.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 22, 2012, 11:09:09 PM

While I'm 99% sure they wouldn't have hired Kelly without assurances that Freeman would still be the man, one could make the argument that JJ and, dare I say it, RG3 would have fit his Oregon offense better.

The reason they fit his Oregon offense better is because they are college caliber QB's. Kelly can't run his Oregon offense in the NFL. Won't work. If he is going to have any kind of success in the NFL, he's going to have to be able to design an offense that works using a QB with Freeman's skill set. I hope he's smart enough to know that. If he's not, he will be the second coming of Steve Spurrier.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 22, 2012, 11:17:37 PM

While I'm 99% sure they wouldn't have hired Kelly without assurances that Freeman would still be the man, one could make the argument that JJ and, dare I say it, RG3 would have fit his Oregon offense better.

If the offense requires the QB to complete passes then JJ is not a better fit

sharp2325

Starter

#20 : January 22, 2012, 11:19:39 PM

If you read up on this guy, at every level he's coached he's adapted his offense to the talent of his team. Kelly will make Freeman a pro bowler!

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 22, 2012, 11:25:01 PM

I think that he will suit this offense to have Freeman play like he was supposed to play coming out of college.  At the same time I would not mind at all if Kelly wants RG3. I don't see that happening but I'd be on board.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 22, 2012, 11:37:46 PM

I'm not sure. It all has to do with how Freeman learns the play book, picks up on reads, and gets used to the system. Learning, understanding, and reading are not his strength's. He's going to be busy this off-season learning the playbook and losing some damn weight.

Seriously, you're supposed to be an NFL quarterback, look like one, not Jay Glazer.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 22, 2012, 11:39:34 PM

Freeman has a very above average wonderlic so intelligence isn't a problem with him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 22, 2012, 11:40:51 PM

Depends on the OC I think. I think with Chip we will see him take off more which he should have done more of last year. Maybe some more creativity. Could be interesting to watch.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 22, 2012, 11:40:54 PM

Freeman has a very above average wonderlic so intelligence isn't a problem with him.
How long it took him to learn the playbook as a rookie compared to JJ/Leftwich and how bad he was at reading defenses this year is more what I was basing that off of.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 23, 2012, 01:05:01 AM

Well he has a great track record with quarterbacks so we will see

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : January 23, 2012, 01:06:18 AM

And he's mad fresh.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With Chip Kelly As Coach What Are Your Expectations For Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools