Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Chip Kelly Changes His Mind Will Stay In Oregon (PR Confirmed) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#195 : January 23, 2012, 04:43:43 PM

I dont buy it.

You wont pay me what I want, so Ill just stay here and make less anyway.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#196 : January 23, 2012, 04:49:53 PM

It's being reported that the Glazers offered him $6M a year. If he wanted more than that, I'm doubly glad we didn't hire him. **CENSORED** Chip Kelly.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#197 : January 23, 2012, 05:02:30 PM

I don't think it was about money if we were that close...

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#198 : January 23, 2012, 05:38:07 PM

TKras Tom Krasniqi
Strong words out of @markschlereth, who basically agrees with me: Chip Kelly's offense had no chance to succeed in the NFL

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#199 : January 23, 2012, 05:38:38 PM

It's being reported that the Glazers offered him $6M a year. If he wanted more than that, I'm doubly glad we didn't hire him. **CENSORED** Chip Kelly.

Plus a buyout from U of O ($2-3 mil).

Madman

Hall of Famer
#200 : January 23, 2012, 05:45:14 PM

Schefter just said on NFL Live that the two sides couldn't agree on money.....lol.

BS

Lol. Like you have more credibility than Adam Schefter.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#201 : January 23, 2012, 05:45:35 PM

Plus a buyout from U of O ($2-3 mil).

$3.5 million.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#202 : January 23, 2012, 05:45:53 PM

This whole thing is almost literally making me sick.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#203 : January 23, 2012, 05:47:59 PM

why exactly? the missed on a close call, near-hire....the guy isn't NFL material....blessing in disguise for Buc fans and the Buc franchise.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#204 : January 23, 2012, 05:57:24 PM

I don't see why you would be so worried.   There are plenty of guys out there to choose from.    You actually supported Raheem.     If you supported that buffoon, it doesn't really matter who they hire, you will support them. 

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#205 : January 23, 2012, 06:06:12 PM

Java, Kelly was my  number one guy even before Rah left, I always said I wanted to see what he could do here. It was only when I saw we weren't going that rout (at the time) that I became a Marty supporter after accepting Kelly was outa the question...needless to say, last night was like enjoying a perfect tasting ice cream, only to discover later it came with a kick square to the nads as payment.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#206 : January 23, 2012, 06:45:32 PM

Java, Kelly was my  number one guy even before Rah left, I always said I wanted to see what he could do here. It was only when I saw we weren't going that rout (at the time) that I became a Marty supporter after accepting Kelly was outa the question...needless to say, last night was like enjoying a perfect tasting ice cream, only to discover later it came with a kick square to the nads as payment.

Maybe the kick to the nads will wake you up off your high school offense running mancrush and let you focus on people who play real football.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#207 : January 23, 2012, 08:31:57 PM

TKras Tom Krasniqi
Strong words out of @markschlereth, who basically agrees with me: Chip Kelly's offense had no chance to succeed in the NFL

I would not say I agree 100% but I had my doubts and I'm glad he isn't coming here.. College ball is about one main thing...recruiting. Even Nick Saban, who I think is the best teaching coach in college ball didn't work in the NFL. Not that it doesn't ever work.....but look at a guy like Harbaugh, who had NFL experience. His transition was a lot easier than most because he knows the pro game. Most college coaches don't know the pro game and for the most part, struggle to succeed because they can no longer have a talent advantage. There is no recruiting in pro ball, and therefore no advantage.

This team needs a great teacher, because we are talent deficient. I am thankful Kelly changed his mind. This could have been a Bobby Petrino situation IMO. Hire Marty Schottenheimer!!!!!!!

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Chip Kelly Changes His Mind Will Stay In Oregon (PR Confirmed) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools