Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Chip Kelly Changes His Mind Will Stay In Oregon (PR Confirmed) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 23, 2012, 03:42:20 AM

I'll wake up happy if this is a false claim. I'll wake up happier if he does indeed decide to stay and our finals are Zimmer and Schotty and we agree to a deal with one of them.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 23, 2012, 03:43:04 AM

Twitter is blowing up it seems the rumor is true and he is staying...  :'(

traew01

Pro Bowler

#32 : January 23, 2012, 03:43:13 AM

I feel bad for Beatles he went to bed so happy and now this...

Even I feel bad for the little fella...

But he should have known that Dom couldnt close the deal. This is what happens when you get any hope up for Mark Dominik to ever make something positive happen. He just does not have the ability to close deals. Ever.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 23, 2012, 03:43:41 AM

The Bucs second and third guys have worked out okay in the past. I'm a "glass half full" guy, so here's to hoping that either he's on board as the new coach, or their eventual selection turns out to be a guy who turns this program around.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 23, 2012, 03:44:10 AM

I just got home 20 minutes ago and went from being super excited to extremely disappointed in the space of about 5 minutes.

This sucks.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 23, 2012, 03:44:33 AM

Would you guys say that Chud is more likely now since him and Chip are kind of the same type of coach?

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 23, 2012, 03:45:05 AM

Would you guys say that Chud is more likely now since him and Chip are kind of the same type of coach?

I believe so

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 23, 2012, 03:45:13 AM

But he should have known that Dom couldnt close the deal. This is what happens when you get any hope up for Mark Dominik to ever make something positive happen. He just does not have the ability to close deals. Ever.

Dude... Dom has nothing to do with it. This is all on Kelly. As far as I can tell, the Glazers were prepared to give him what he wanted. You can't force a guy to not change his mind.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 23, 2012, 03:45:21 AM

Chud is nothing like Kelly.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#39 : January 23, 2012, 03:45:49 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if this is leverage from Kelly to get more money from the Glazers, though.  He knows the info is leaked that he's going, and that the Glazers have their backs against the wall in regards to making the fanbase happy.  He holds all the cards right now in negotiations.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 23, 2012, 03:47:08 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if this is leverage from Kelly to get more money from the Glazers, though.  He knows the info is leaked that he's going, and that the Glazers have their backs against the wall in regards to making the fanbase happy.  He holds all the cards right now in negotiations.

If these reports are true, I think negotiations were complete. I think they were ready for a signature, and he changed his mind.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#41 : January 23, 2012, 03:48:21 AM

Dude... Dom has nothing to do with it. This is all on Kelly. As far as I can tell, the Glazers were prepared to give him what he wanted. You can't force a guy to not change his mind.

Bull**CENSORED**.

Its all about closing a deal. You make sure they dont change their mind. Same with free agency....he cant lure a decent free agent here to save his life.

Whatever. Wake me up when this blind squirrel of a franchise finds some sliver of a nut....

This entire thing has been a joke

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 23, 2012, 03:48:38 AM

Well let's go get Chud!

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#43 : January 23, 2012, 03:50:03 AM

If these reports are true, I think negotiations were complete. I think they were ready for a signature, and he changed his mind.
In that case, I'm glad he's not coming.  I'd rather have a coach come here that wants to be with this team and turn them into contenders.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 23, 2012, 03:50:24 AM

Please.

Kelly canceled recruiting trips. That tells me he had made up his mind to join the Bucs. Why else would he cancel? What can they do, hold a gun to the guy's head? If someone tells me they're going to do something, if we agree to something, I expect them to be true to their word. I can't help it if they change their mind.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: Chip Kelly Changes His Mind Will Stay In Oregon (PR Confirmed) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools