Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cheap Glazers! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 23, 2012, 02:49:07 PM

DefenseWins, there have been a ton of comments on radio and on MBs suggesting that the Glazers are dumpster diving for a head coach (one example being that they weren't in the mix for Jeff Fisher because he was out of their price range).

The point is the Glazers have been cheap, this suggests they might not be so cheap going forward.

The arguement was that Fisher wasnt out of the price range since they just got finished paying Raheem and Gruden nearly $7 million a year combined.

So the $6 million a year to Chip Kelly plus Raheems final year would be a wash basically. They wouldnt be spending anything extra than they were last year.

The problem is they WON'T SPEND MONEY IN FREE AGENCY! Because those contrats usually include signing bonuses. That's why Fisher wanted nothing to do with us.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 23, 2012, 03:04:27 PM

The problem is they WON'T SPEND MONEY IN FREE AGENCY! Because those contrats usually include signing bonuses.

another common conspiracy theory.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 23, 2012, 03:08:21 PM

Perhaps you can explain to us all what we're missing?  ..sigh

Nobody has denied that payroll has been low (although it is often grossly overstated here). What you are missing is the WHY.  I presume the "why" is troubling to you because your version is probably out of step with the facts and that is why you mkae BS comments like this:

Apparently if they spend a lot on a coach today, it will actually rewrite the past years of being so cheap for some people.

or the one about fans change Culverhouse . . . that was a good one.
: January 23, 2012, 03:10:06 PM vincepb3

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 23, 2012, 03:09:47 PM

The problem is they WON'T SPEND MONEY IN FREE AGENCY! Because those contrats usually include signing bonuses.

Keep it up and you might become Baghdad Bob.. lol

"We have them surrounded in their tanks"

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 23, 2012, 03:11:48 PM

Thanks for illustrating my point.  I can post an article by an NFL agent that would explain the lack of signing bonuses and the fact that it is an increasing league-wide issue.  What could you post besides "Baghdad Bob comments?

At some point your lack of facts just shows through . . .

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 23, 2012, 03:15:51 PM

Nobody has denied that payroll has been low (although it is often grossly overstated here). What you are missing is the WHY.  I presume the "why" is troubling to you because your version is probably out of step with the facts.

We fans have suffered through the cheap product for years. We've had our games blacked out. We've run people out of town.

Please Vince, tell us all why we should focus first on sympathizing as to why the owners cannot support the team. Please explain the free stadium that they have, and still unable. Saves them about 20 mil per year.  Maybe while you're lawyering for the Glazers, you could explain to us how great it is that they double profits of winning organizations like the Patriots and Steelers while losing. 

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 23, 2012, 03:17:02 PM

Thanks for illustrating my point.  I can post an article by an NFL agent that would explain the lack of signing bonuses and the fact that it is an increasing league-wide issue.  What could you post besides "Baghdad Bob comments?

lol.. Okaaaay.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 23, 2012, 03:18:24 PM

I am convinced the Glazers/Dom are idiots if they offered Chip Kelly $6 mil a year.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 23, 2012, 03:21:18 PM

Nobody has denied that payroll has been low (although it is often grossly overstated here). What you are missing is the WHY.  I presume the "why" is troubling to you because your version is probably out of step with the facts.

We fans have suffered through the cheap product for years. We've had our games blacked out. We've run people out of town.

Please Vince, tell us all why we should focus first on sympathizing as to why the owners cannot support the team. Please explain the free stadium that they have, and still unable. Saves them about 20 mil per year.  Maybe while you're lawyering for the Glazers, you could explain to us how great it is that they double profits of winning organizations like the Patriots and Steelers while losing.

Who was run out of town?    Just asking

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#39 : January 23, 2012, 03:24:11 PM

It's not really the coach's salary that Bucs fans are angry at. It's the lack of spending during free agency periods over the past 6 years.

Yep.

While it's a good sign the Glazers at least got Chip to the negotiating table, that alone does not mean they aren't cheap.

Big whoop. They were willing to bump the annual salary of the team's leader by $3 mil. A drop in the bucket compared to the tens of millions they have stashed away from FA.

Love the ever changing double standard.  The board has been awash with comments that Gruden was fired because the HGlazers were cheap (even thought the kept paying him) and that Morris was ONLY hired because they were cheap, but now that thye offer a guy $6 million per year (accoridng to the reporter who first broke the report), coaches salaries are meaningless and a "drop in the bucket"

Funny stuff

Love the generalization. If you're going to quote me, especially in that pretentious know-it-all voice, at least provide some evidence where I have said any of the above. 

The Glazers' willingness to spend an extra $2-3 mil over the course of a year in no way compensates for a near-decade of frugality.

Some people just want to look smarter than everyone else by going against the grain. Funny stuff. Believe it or not, some things are actually as they appear.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 23, 2012, 03:27:53 PM

Calling you Baghdad Bob is not the height of my discussion tools, and after lengthy discussion, only a petty few would use that as an opportunity to make that implication.

Btw, I  try to stick to the facts and then discuss those.

You on the other hand come off as solid, but then just dance around as needed, blending you into the white noise that runs rampant here. You have no point when it comes to our discussion.

You DO have lots of creative explanations that defy odds, but yet you press on. I admire that you stick to your point, but your ship has sunk and you seem to be lost at sea at this point.

Nothing wrong with admitting that you were wrong. The Glazers have been Cheap. It may change.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 23, 2012, 03:30:14 PM

Can you imagine any person that may have been here that was blamed for much more than they are responsible for, because it covered up a larger problem, or just saved money?

I can think of more than 1.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 23, 2012, 03:31:44 PM

DFW, I quoted Anti-Java's question because I have the same question.  Who was run out of town?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 23, 2012, 03:32:43 PM

Bucs have had the cheapest payroll in the NFL for the past 3 seasons. They are right now around $40 million under the estimated 2013 salary floor.

A coach's $6 million a year salary is a drop in the bucket to them, especially when they now no longer have to pay Gruden. Its the players salaries that they are cutting back on. Tens of millions a year they are saving on that.

They wont be able to only build through the draft next year because that floor goes into effect. Either we have to go on a spending spree or players on the current roster will be getting a mighty big raise. That's why some are saying (ie: Dan Sileo) the Glazers will sell the team before they have to shell out all that money next year.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 23, 2012, 03:33:38 PM

Can you imagine any person that may have been here that was blamed for much more than they are responsible for, because it covered up a larger problem, or just saved money?

I can think of more than 1.

Care to name names?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cheap Glazers! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools