Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Commish « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

alan2827

Rookie

: January 23, 2012, 04:33:44 PM

Thought I should let sports talk listeners out there know that Justin Pawlowski of 620 was fired last week. They told him that he wasn't valuable anymore. I am very disappointed in this decision as I always thought he was headed for success at the station and was certain a daily show was in the future. Disappointed but not surprised members of the morning show he was long associated with have yet to even mention/thank him for his work. Would not surprise me to learn that a certain member of that show felt threatened by him and 'encouraged' his departure. Always appreciated his Buccaneers talk and will be missed.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 23, 2012, 04:37:10 PM

Always thought he was better than the other guys but still pretty bad. Maybe your right.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 23, 2012, 04:39:22 PM

He sucked.  Was tight with JoeBucFan  IIRC.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 23, 2012, 04:39:33 PM

wow, didn't know this. Thanks for sharing. I find it bad business that they (stations) don't even mention stuff like this. No need to spill the beans, but a simple "so and so is no longer with us" would do the trick.

TSKAD72

Starter
#4 : January 23, 2012, 04:40:31 PM

I'd rather listen to him (a guy who actually knows what he's talking about) over anyone else on that sorry excuse of a station. What a stupid decision by 620...which doesn't surprise me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 23, 2012, 04:42:21 PM

I'd rather listen to him (a guy who actually knows what he's talking about) over anyone else on that sorry excuse of a station. What a stupid decision by 620...which doesn't surprise me.

620 sux more than the bucs do and that's pretty bad.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 23, 2012, 04:44:51 PM

I met him at a Middleton High School during a football game he was covering...Nice Guy and very personable...He will land on his feet and yes when i used to listen to 620 wdae I liked listening to him. I have refused to listen to 620 WDAE while DUImeg is still there. I miss not hearing Justin and Pewter Report on the air but that is just my choice...OBD

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 23, 2012, 04:45:28 PM

should've fired Deumig and put Justin in the afternoon.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 23, 2012, 04:45:43 PM

620 sux more than the bucs do and that's pretty bad.

Ya but it could  be the station owners being cheap.      j/k

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 23, 2012, 04:53:32 PM

Yet Duemig and his "you don't know what I know" act somehow stays employed.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#10 : January 23, 2012, 04:57:36 PM

Thought I should let sports talk listeners out there know that Justin Pawlowski of 620 was fired last week. They told him that he wasn't valuable anymore. I am very disappointed in this decision as I always thought he was headed for success at the station and was certain a daily show was in the future. Disappointed but not surprised members of the morning show he was long associated with have yet to even mention/thank him for his work. Would not surprise me to learn that a certain member of that show felt threatened by him and 'encouraged' his departure. Always appreciated his Buccaneers talk and will be missed.

That's pretty shocking. He's much better than Derek Sharp - I do know Pawlowski has upset prima donna Ron Diaz on occasion, so I wonder if that had anything do to with it.  That line of work is very tough - not a very secure job. He did USF games, weekend shows, Buc pregames, as well as a lot of blogging and producing in the background.   He can easily get a job with ESPN or 1010 locally or in other markets, if he wanted.  Clearchannel is making a ton of cuts and it may be a case of last in, first out.
: January 23, 2012, 05:06:50 PM morgan

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 23, 2012, 05:00:22 PM

Never listened to him. Sports talk radio in this area pretty much sucks. I think just about all of them are sub par.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 23, 2012, 05:10:53 PM

Justin's probably the most knowledgable on the station. His passion really is radio/sports and it shows. His draft research is unmatched, even by the Kipers/McShays of the world.

620 messed up badly.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#13 : January 23, 2012, 05:21:05 PM

ESPN 1040 need to fire the Sports Babe and hire the guy. She asked out loud on her show whether the Bucs had #5 or #6 - she's clueless about area sports.
: January 23, 2012, 05:22:40 PM morgan

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 23, 2012, 05:24:56 PM

ESPN 1040 need to fire the Sports Babe and hire the guy. She asked out loud on her show whether the Bucs had #5 or #6 - she's clueless about area sports.

Agree. She asks stupid questions like on occasion too.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Commish « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools