Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Turned Down By 6-7 Coaches? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 23, 2012, 08:02:29 PM

"Mr Dominick....Brian Billick is on line 1...."

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 23, 2012, 08:04:21 PM

dan, to be fair, he said that he lumped declined interviews with outright rejections, but adding Philbin is a stretch because we never got to the offer stage and I don't blame any coach for taking the bird in the hand.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : January 23, 2012, 08:04:38 PM

I could use a hooker.

Not really a hooker, but maybe you could hook up.

www.facebook.com\phehan

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 23, 2012, 08:04:51 PM

Sources said the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' head coaching position has been turned down by six or seven coaches. That includes coaches declining interviews and actual negotiations about the position. Some of the known candidates to say no thanks are Oregon coach Chip Kelly, Texans defensive coordinator Wade Philips, new St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and new Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin.

Ok, this article is just completely wrong. The premise is wrong. I hate stupidity like this in the media. Here is TRUTH, Campbell:

The Bucs have been turned down by 1) Bill Cowher (who turned down everyone) and 2) Chip Kelly AFTER he had already worked out all the terms of his contract.

1. The Bucs did not make an attempt to hire Jeff Fisher
2. Joe Philbin did not turn down the job, he was never offered it
3. Likewise Wade Phillips

Get out of here with those facts. Don't you know this is the time for speculation, hatred and panic????

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#19 : January 23, 2012, 08:05:59 PM

This is a dark and evil time.

No Chip Kelly, now this. This coaching search is getting depressing by the day :(

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 23, 2012, 08:06:04 PM

You know, this type of twisting in the wind is why I bet more than a couple owners don't reach where they haven't gotten at least tepid interest from the agent. Sounds like the Glazers are being bold in their search and leaving no stone unturned.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 23, 2012, 08:06:20 PM

Get out of here with those facts. Don't you know this is the time for speculation, hatred and panic????

Its the time for media pile on. We're used to it. Our skins are much thicker than the media realizes.

Go ahead, media... give it your best shot. You got NOTHING.

Jonbuc

Second String

#22 : January 23, 2012, 08:12:46 PM

Easy, Charlie Campbell...put down the axe. You did a nice job while w/ PR and somehow parlayed into a sweet gig at Walter Football but this is a pretty lame piece.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 23, 2012, 08:14:58 PM

According to Charlie Campbell, former Pewterreport writer, now with Walterfootball:

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2012rumors.php

"Sources said the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' head coaching position has been turned down by six or seven coaches. That includes coaches declining interviews and actual negotiations about the position. Some of the known candidates to say no thanks are Oregon coach Chip Kelly, Texans defensive coordinator Wade Philips, new St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and new Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin. Sources said they believe the Bucs are interested in interviewing both of the New York Giants coordinators Perry Fewell and Kevin Gilbride.

One of the issues that Tampa Bay has been having is allegedly they are trying to slash the severance packages of the coaches if they are fired, for assistants and the head coach. The Bucs are trying to save money by making changes there, but it is not sitting well with coaches. Last year there were top college assistants making more money than the Bucs assistant coaches. "

I really like CC, but by that logic A LOT of teams have been "turned down" by multiple coaches.  Besides that, you have to be skeptical when someone writes a sentences that says "declining interviews AND actual negotiations."  From what we know Kelly might be the only "actual negotiations" and he accepted the job, but then reversed course. That would me and 5 or 6 of the coaches that "turned down" the Bucs are just people that were never considered or took other jobs. I guess accepting another job is effectively turning someone else down?

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#24 : January 23, 2012, 08:17:03 PM

Sources said the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' head coaching position has been turned down by six or seven coaches. That includes coaches declining interviews and actual negotiations about the position. Some of the known candidates to say no thanks are Oregon coach Chip Kelly, Texans defensive coordinator Wade Philips, new St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and new Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin.

Ok, this article is just completely wrong. The premise is wrong. I hate stupidity like this in the media. Here is TRUTH, Campbell:

The Bucs have been turned down by 1) Bill Cowher (who turned down everyone) and 2) Chip Kelly AFTER he had already worked out all the terms of his contract.

1. The Bucs did not make an attempt to hire Jeff Fisher
2. Joe Philbin did not turn down the job, he was never offered it
3. Likewise Wade Phillips

^^ This is True

dark uncle

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 23, 2012, 08:17:14 PM

According to Charlie Campbell, former Pewterreport writer, now with Walterfootball:

"Sources said the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' head coaching position has been turned down by six or seven coaches. That includes coaches declining interviews and actual negotiations about the position. Some of the known candidates to say no thanks are Oregon coach Chip Kelly, Texans defensive coordinator Wade Philips, new St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and new Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin. Sources said they believe the Bucs are interested in interviewing both of the New York Giants coordinators Perry Fewell and Kevin Gilbride.

One of the issues that Tampa Bay has been having is allegedly they are trying to slash the severance packages of the coaches if they are fired, for assistants and the head coach. The Bucs are trying to save money by making changes there, but it is not sitting well with coaches. Last year there were top college assistants making more money than the Bucs assistant coaches. "

I really like CC, but by that logic A LOT of teams have been "turned down" by multiple coaches.  Besides that, you have to be skeptical when someone writes a sentences that says "declining interviews AND actual negotiations."  From what we know Kelly might be the only "actual negotiations" and he accepted the job, but then reversed course. That would me and 5 or 6 of the coaches that "turned down" the Bucs are just people that were never considered or took other jobs. I guess accepting another job is effectively turning someone else down?

Charlie is fishing for hits on his piece.  You don't pull in readers without good bait.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 23, 2012, 08:17:20 PM

Vince:

You are correct. The only coach who has been in actual negotiations on a binding contract is Kelly.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 23, 2012, 08:19:03 PM

Just life as a buc fan. I dont think the bucs and the term bandwagon can ever be paired together. Maybe the year directly after the superbowl but that season went down in flames pretty rapidly. Buc fans have been through it time and time again.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 23, 2012, 08:19:08 PM

Vince:

You are correct. The only coach who has been in actual negotiations on a binding contract is Kelly.

Well that I am really disappointed in CC because the article manufactures a controversy

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 23, 2012, 08:19:46 PM

Yes, vincepb3LOL!

We all know that the reason the Glazers pay their assistant coaches LESS & want to reduce severance packages is because they're cheap "they haven't drafted well in the last 10 plus years & no one on the current roster deserves highly paid coaches".

We got it.
: January 23, 2012, 08:23:17 PM TheChronicHotAir

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Turned Down By 6-7 Coaches? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools