Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Talk Radio in Tampa is..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

docbravo

Pro Bowler

: January 25, 2012, 09:01:18 AM

...GRAVEYARD DEAD!

In the morning you have Dan Sileo telling listeners the Bucs should sign a broken Peyton Manning for 28 Million dollars (For 1-2 Years) so they can go to the Super Bowl.
 ...UH, WHAT? I didn't know the Bucs were 1 player away from the Super Bowl. I didn't know Peyton Manning could play line backer, corner back, stretch the field vertically as a WR, and become an elusive, change of pace RB on 3rd downs. (All while snapping the ball to himself, and blocking) ::)

Mid-Morning you have Ron and Ian talking about food, and chicks, and whatever else is on TMZ.
...Which is fine, just not my idea of Sports Radio.

The afternoon you have Steve Dumig Grand Standing on his Soap Box about Rich Bisacchia getting a head coaching interview for the Bucs.
...UH, WHAT? In the history of the league, there has only been ONE coach to get promoted from Special Teams Coordinator  to Head Coach. If Rich isn't smart enough to position himself in a better position to become a head coach, he has no one but himself to blame for not getting a look. Obviously the Bucs aren't the only team who don't think he has the goods.

On the other station, you have Shaun King telling listeners (Bucs Fans)  they have to choose between supporting Mike Sherman as the HC or Warren Sapp.
...UH, WHAT? So in order to be a fan, you have to tie your allegance to a player who doesn't play in the league anymore, and last played for another team, instead of supporting a potential coach who simply stood up for his player that he thought was wronged? ::)

I know the mission of sports radio get a reaction out of people, but there are so many people who don't know that. And they actually support this line of thinking.
I haven't lived in Tampa for over 10 years, but I stream the stations through my phone just to keep a pulse of what's going on back home. And I think the pulse has been absent for many years now...

TSKAD72

Starter
#1 : January 25, 2012, 09:07:19 AM

And on top of that, 620 just got rid of their most knowledgeable Bucs/NFL guy BY FAR, the Commish (seriously, the draft is right around the corner, what a stupid time to cut your draft guru)...this crap on the AM waves is awful. If Pawlowski was on instead of DUImig I would try to listen every day.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 25, 2012, 09:07:56 AM

You are not a fan of cogent rationale if you dig on Shaun Burger King.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 25, 2012, 09:11:40 AM

Quote from: Boid Fink
You are not a fan of cogent rationale if you dig on Shaun Burger King.

He's got really good poise though.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 25, 2012, 09:12:21 AM

And on top of that, 620 just got rid of their most knowledgeable Bucs/NFL guy BY FAR, the Commish (seriously, the draft is right around the corner, what a stupid time to cut your draft guru)...this crap on the AM waves is awful. If Pawlowski was on instead of DUImig I would try to listen every day.

I thought Justin was extremely knowledgeable as well, but he would come across as a Dumig clone sometimes. I understand that Dumig was probably his mentor, but maybe the station thought 1 Dumig was enough.

Definitely think they lost their most knowledgeable sports guy though. Even thought Dumig tells us EVERYDAY that we "Don't know What I Know!!!!" Yeah, Steve, we don't know how fortunate we are to have someone telling us absoultely nothing. Awesome.

X-RayCat57

Second String

#5 : January 25, 2012, 09:25:10 AM

Sileo thinks the Bucs should of, could of or should sign every free agent in the NFL and trade for every star player. The guy is a total hack and a waste of time to listen to. He puts very little thought into anything he says and does ZERO research.

Ron and Ian would be listenable if it was Ian and Justin but they are dumb and dumped Justin and kept the smart ass dork in Derek Sharp. They need to get rid of the **CENSORED** bag Ron Diaz. That guys dumbs down that show so much. All the does is read the Tampa Bay Times word for word then quickly moves the subject to food and women. The guy is a complete tool.

I like Shaun King and Toby David show. I dont always agree with everything but they keep the show moving and talk a wide variety of topics. Complement each other well IMO.

Sports Babe is unlistenable period. Horrible.

JP Peterson is good when he isnt whinning, which is about 60% of the time. His producer is still going through puberty and has a horrible radio delivery.

DUImig can have the best show one day and annoying crap the next. Most of his callers kiss his ass.

Anyone who listens to PrimeTime on 1040 is just wasting thier time and doing their ears and brain a disservice.

\\\"Rock on London, Rock on Chicago! Taco bell, run for the border!\\\"

X-RayCat57

Second String

#6 : January 25, 2012, 09:29:56 AM

Does anyone even remotely find the' birthday challenge' on Ron and Ian amusing in any way what so ever? Not sure if they still do this since i listen to Dan Patrick at this time but it had to be the dumbest thing on sports radio.

\\\"Rock on London, Rock on Chicago! Taco bell, run for the border!\\\"

TSKAD72

Starter
#7 : January 25, 2012, 09:37:32 AM

I thought Justin was extremely knowledgeable as well, but he would come across as a Dumig clone sometimes. I understand that Dumig was probably his mentor, but maybe the station thought 1 Dumig was enough.

Definitely think they lost their most knowledgeable sports guy though. Even thought Dumig tells us EVERYDAY that we "Don't know What I Know!!!!" Yeah, Steve, we don't know how fortunate we are to have someone telling us absoultely nothing. Awesome.

I think Pawlowski knew way more about the game of football itself than Duemig ever did. I don't think Pawlowski was anything like Duemig, maybe that's just me. Pawlowski seemed like a smart, down to earth guy whereas Duemig is an abrasive jackass that puts himself on a pedestal. Whenever I talked to Pawlowski he would always listen to what I had to say before either agreeing with me or respectfully disagreeing and telling me why he thought I was incorrect. If you're not on the same page as Duemig he'll yell and yell and yell and then cut you off, claiming a victory for himself.

TSKAD72

Starter
#8 : January 25, 2012, 09:40:23 AM

DUImig can have the best show one day and annoying crap the next. Most of his callers kiss his ass.

That's the only way you can talk to DUImig. If you don't do that odds are you'll be cut off before you finish.

Hammerhead

Starter
#9 : January 25, 2012, 09:42:16 AM

Best sports talk radio in S.W. Florida is 770 ESPN Miller and Moulton in the afternoon. They spoke with Scott Reynolds yesterday and all 3 agree Shotty should be the choice. Interesting sideline, Scott said he felt the reason
the F.O. is conducting so many  H. C. interviews is because Dom is trying to get as much free professional assessments  on the talent level of the current roster as he can so that a consensus can be reached on who might warrant having
a roster spot. He also said that Dom's job is definitely not secure and that he has got to turn this thing around quickly or else he too is gone. What with the Clayton, Black, Stocker ( we could sure use that 4th this year), M. Lewis, etc., etc., mistakes I tend to agree.

csidedave

Second String
#10 : January 25, 2012, 09:50:10 AM

Yeah, it is pretty bad.  I don't know what happened to Deumig.  Up until a year or two ago, he was ok to listen to and often did really good interviews.  But now his interviews are really bad as he constantly interrupts his guests.  It's like he is trying to prove how smart he is.

Shaun King lost me 2 weeks ago when he said Urban Meyer couldn't wait for Tebow to graduate so he could play Brantley.  Yeah right, a pocket passer running the spread?  That's why he made him one of his FOUR quarterbacks.  JP is probably the best right now.

DailyRich68

Starter
#11 : January 25, 2012, 09:50:18 AM

I decided to stop listening to Sileo yesterday when he called Joe Paterno deliberately not doing anything about a child molester working for him "a mistake".  A mistake is when you leave the door unlocked and your house gets robbed.  Knowing what Sandusky did and taking the course of action Paterno did was a CHOICE.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#12 : January 25, 2012, 10:00:53 AM

I think Pawlowski knew way more about the game of football itself than Duemig ever did. I don't think Pawlowski was anything like Duemig, maybe that's just me. Pawlowski seemed like a smart, down to earth guy whereas Duemig is an abrasive jackass that puts himself on a pedestal. Whenever I talked to Pawlowski he would always listen to what I had to say before either agreeing with me or respectfully disagreeing and telling me why he thought I was incorrect. If you're not on the same page as Duemig he'll yell and yell and yell and then cut you off, claiming a victory for himself.

The first time I remember taking notice of Justin was on draft day, the year we selected Davin Joseph in the 1st round. He was yelling and ranting and raving about much of a wasted pick it was because he felt the Bucs could have gotten him in the second round. I remember him being very annoying that day, and you know what they say about first impressions. I did enjoy him commentary on topics more times than not though.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#13 : January 25, 2012, 10:02:30 AM

Best sports talk radio in S.W. Florida is 770 ESPN Miller and Moulton in the afternoon. They spoke with Scott Reynolds yesterday and all 3 agree Shotty should be the choice. Interesting sideline, Scott said he felt the reason
the F.O. is conducting so many  H. C. interviews is because Dom is trying to get as much free professional assessments  on the talent level of the current roster as he can so that a consensus can be reached on who might warrant having
a roster spot. He also said that Dom's job is definitely not secure and that he has got to turn this thing around quickly or else he too is gone. What with the Clayton, Black, Stocker ( we could sure use that 4th this year), M. Lewis, etc., etc., mistakes I tend to agree.

I didn't know about 770, I will have to give them a listen in the afternoon. Thanks for the heads up!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 25, 2012, 10:06:51 AM

( we could sure use that 4th this year),

why do so many want to zero in on this 4th round pick so fiercely?  its a 4th.  sure, those picks are needed...usually for depth.  if the FO does its job and hits on its better picks, no one will care about the 4th.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Talk Radio in Tampa is..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools