Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Talk Radio in Tampa is..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Madman

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 25, 2012, 10:48:27 AM

And on top of that, 620 just got rid of their most knowledgeable Bucs/NFL guy BY FAR, the Commish (seriously, the draft is right around the corner, what a stupid time to cut your draft guru)...this crap on the AM waves is awful. If Pawlowski was on instead of DUImig I would try to listen every day.

What?! The Commish is gone. WTH? He was the most knowledgeable football guy on the radio.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 25, 2012, 11:27:26 AM

I may be in the minority, but after seeing what has been going on in Indy, I think if the Bucs did bring in Manning, the offense would be pretty much completely fixed.  I mean really, look at the talent that the Colts have in the overall receiving corp with Garcon, Wayne, Clark, Gonzalez, and the other guy who gets a concussion whenever there's a stiff breeze.  That group really that much more talented than what the Bucs have?  Our receivers would have a field day every week with Manning behind center.  That being said, the defense would need to be upgraded for a Super Bowl run.

You know, now that I think about it, maybe this team could be a contender with Manning.  If Dominik still believes in the guys he's drafted... and is actually right, adding Manning and say drafting a couple 2nd and 3rd level defensive players with another FA acquisition at those levels, with the right coaching they might actually be a Super Bowl contender.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 25, 2012, 04:29:13 PM

I may be in the minority, but after seeing what has been going on in Indy, I think if the Bucs did bring in Manning, the offense would be pretty much completely fixed.  I mean really, look at the talent that the Colts have in the overall receiving corp with Garcon, Wayne, Clark, Gonzalez, and the other guy who gets a concussion whenever there's a stiff breeze.  That group really that much more talented than what the Bucs have?  Our receivers would have a field day every week with Manning behind center.  That being said, the defense would need to be upgraded for a Super Bowl run.

You know, now that I think about it, maybe this team could be a contender with Manning.  If Dominik still believes in the guys he's drafted... and is actually right, adding Manning and say drafting a couple 2nd and 3rd level defensive players with another FA acquisition at those levels, with the right coaching they might actually be a Super Bowl contender.

You ever have one of those days when you post a response and somehow you're on the wrong thread?

I was responding to the first paragraph of the OP which is...

"In the morning you have Dan Sileo telling listeners the Bucs should sign a broken Peyton Manning for 28 Million dollars (For 1-2 Years) so they can go to the Super Bowl.

...UH, WHAT? I didn't know the Bucs were 1 player away from the Super Bowl. I didn't know Peyton Manning could play line backer, corner back, stretch the field vertically as a WR, and become an elusive, change of pace RB on 3rd downs. (All while snapping the ball to himself, and blocking) "

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 25, 2012, 04:59:38 PM

If Manning goes anywhere with a neck issue do you think it will be in Tampa?  He would need a brand new friggin head behind this line.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 25, 2012, 05:02:27 PM

If Manning goes anywhere with a neck issue do you think it will be in Tampa?  He would need a brand new friggin head behind this line.

When you get rid of the ball in 2 seconds, you don't really need a great O-Line, a decent one would suffice.  A free agent or 2 would fix that.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 25, 2012, 05:42:18 PM

This is why you need Sirius Radio.  I would much rather listen to intelligent football conversation even if it isnt Buc related, than ignorant rants on the Bucs or hours on end talking about foot by these buffoons

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 25, 2012, 06:19:18 PM

When you get rid of the ball in 2 seconds, you don't really need a great O-Line, a decent one would suffice.  A free agent or 2 would fix that.

OK, so let me add this up....

Peyton Manning (Health Unknown) for 28 Million (Plus)
Free Agents on the O-Line (Plus)
Free Agents on the 2nd and Third Levels of the Defense (Plus)
Draft players at those positions as well (Plus)
The Right Coaching

...And after all of that we may be a contender???
Good Luck with that.

Put the Sileo Koolaid down bro, and back away...

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 25, 2012, 06:41:29 PM

We have so much cap space. Why would anyone be opposed to at least bringing Peyton in? Seriously. Even the Freeman nut-huggers would have to admit that IF (I know it's a big IF, but when you have so much cap space, why not) Peyton is healthy, Freeman can't hold a finger to him. And the Colts went from Super Bowl contender to first overall pick with the loss of him.

I like Sileo. No one (not even in other networks) gets the interviews he gets. He has some moral issues which lead to his comments regarding Paterno/Bonds and I'll usually shut him off when he goes on those rants, but otherwise, he's probably the best full-time guy we have. He was the first one on the Glazers being cheap (broke) bandwagon and is the only member of the local media who doesn't slurp Josh Freeman.

Ron and Ian, you have to take them for what they are. I hate when they get carried away with fitness or food but sometimes they can be damn hilarious. When they mix well, their show is really good. When they get carried away, it gets tired fast. I can't stand their interviews (even with big names) because they never seem prepared and ask basic questions. However, I love the Birthday challenge. It always made me laugh.

Duimeg is an idiot! He's never prepared, is an illiterate, and always pretends he knows all of this inside information... but he can't say it. His show is awful and is basically him standing on a soapbox and shouting out how he's right and everyone is wrong. He is the "drive home" guy and so the average-joe who is too busy to actually research sports or look into their own stuff and so he is their information. That's why he has a "following" and why ANYONE agrees with him. According to Deumig, it isn't Rah's fault, isn't Freeman's fault, isn't Dominik's fault, isn't the Glazers fault. It's EXCLUSIVELY Jimmy Lake's fault.... seriously?

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#23 : January 25, 2012, 07:26:44 PM

We have so much cap space. Why would anyone be opposed to at least bringing Peyton in? Seriously. Even the Freeman nut-huggers would have to admit that IF (I know it's a big IF, but when you have so much cap space, why not) Peyton is healthy, Freeman can't hold a finger to him. And the Colts went from Super Bowl contender to first overall pick with the loss of him.

I like Sileo. No one (not even in other networks) gets the interviews he gets. He has some moral issues which lead to his comments regarding Paterno/Bonds and I'll usually shut him off when he goes on those rants, but otherwise, he's probably the best full-time guy we have. He was the first one on the Glazers being cheap (broke) bandwagon and is the only member of the local media who doesn't slurp Josh Freeman.

Ron and Ian, you have to take them for what they are. I hate when they get carried away with fitness or food but sometimes they can be damn hilarious. When they mix well, their show is really good. When they get carried away, it gets tired fast. I can't stand their interviews (even with big names) because they never seem prepared and ask basic questions. However, I love the Birthday challenge. It always made me laugh.

Duimeg is an idiot! He's never prepared, is an illiterate, and always pretends he knows all of this inside information... but he can't say it. His show is awful and is basically him standing on a soapbox and shouting out how he's right and everyone is wrong. He is the "drive home" guy and so the average-joe who is too busy to actually research sports or look into their own stuff and so he is their information. That's why he has a "following" and why ANYONE agrees with him. According to Deumig, it isn't Rah's fault, isn't Freeman's fault, isn't Dominik's fault, isn't the Glazers fault. It's EXCLUSIVELY Jimmy Lake's fault.... seriously?

Cap space or not, I just don't think it makes good sense. If (and as you said, that a BIG IF) Manning was 100% then maybe. But why would a Manning that was 100% choose to come to the Bucs? The way he has been talking, he won't be 100% by the time he is due that 28 Million dollar roster bonus is due in March. The Colts would then cut him, and he'd most likely clear waivers (cause no one would spend 28M on a broken QB). By the time he was 100% healthy, he'd probably choose a team like the Jets that would give him the BEST chance to win  a Super Bowl.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 25, 2012, 07:31:55 PM

You ever have one of those days when you post a response and somehow you're on the wrong thread?

Yep! LOL

At least the delete button works longer than 2 minutes now ... before you were stuck leaving the post.  Then again, very few stay on topic anyway.  But glad I'm not the only one who does it. LOL

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 25, 2012, 07:44:26 PM

Another Justin fluff thread?

I personally love T Kras.....yessir......since I like to listen to the radio on my way to and fro work......it is Sileo/Mike and Mike(whoever isn't on a commercial) and Primetime on the ride home.

Steve is a total tool and was anti-buc until they hired Raheem(or I assume they threatened to fire him). 

Tampa radio is worthless as a whole but Duemig's act is very very old.  I'd be surprised if he's on much longer.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 25, 2012, 07:53:20 PM

Why limit this to talk radio.  The print dinosaurs are every bit as terrible, maybe even worse.  Face it, sports media in Tampa just completely sucks at football.  I don't know about other sports but I assume they suck there too.  Heck, if any of them was even remotely competent PR wouldn't continue to exist.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 25, 2012, 07:57:44 PM

Why limit this to talk radio.  The print dinosaurs are every bit as terrible, maybe even worse.  Face it, sports media in Tampa just completely sucks at football.  I don't know about other sports but I assume they suck there too.  Heck, if any of them was even remotely competent PR wouldn't continue to exist.

I can only speak on the Radio personalities because I don't read the local 'fish wraps." I"d much rather log in and get my Bucs news on this site and the boards.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 25, 2012, 10:00:21 PM

The Right Coaching

Good Luck with that.

Let me ask you this... other than Manning, you don't think that the Bucs could or should add a free agent LB, CB, and maybe an OL or 2?  Also, draft a CB, LB, and an OL or 2?  I'm sorry, but 3 or 4 free agents and 3 or 4 draft picks seems 100% reasonable.  Now, add in Manning, this team could be a contender... and why not, the Colts were just 2 years ago and this past year they won 2 games.  Peyton is basically worth 10-12 wins a year.  NOW, if he's not healthy, then so be it, but as of right now, I don't know if he is or not.  I'm just going by Manning's track record of winning a lot of games every year.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#29 : January 25, 2012, 10:26:40 PM

The Right Coaching

Good Luck with that.

Let me ask you this... other than Manning, you don't think that the Bucs could or should add a free agent LB, CB, and maybe an OL or 2?  Also, draft a CB, LB, and an OL or 2?  I'm sorry, but 3 or 4 free agents and 3 or 4 draft picks seems 100% reasonable.  Now, add in Manning, this team could be a contender... and why not, the Colts were just 2 years ago and this past year they won 2 games.  Peyton is basically worth 10-12 wins a year.  NOW, if he's not healthy, then so be it, but as of right now, I don't know if he is or not.  I'm just going by Manning's track record of winning a lot of games every year.

Could the Bucs add the players and positions you mentioned, yes. Is it reasonable, yes. But we are talking about a LOT of variables. Just because you add a FA or Draft Pick for the positions you mentioned, doesn't mean that they will be successful. It's not a "plug and play" business. My beef with Sileo was that he was making it sound like we were a "Peyton Manning" away from being a Super Bowl Contender. Keep in mind we have an ownership group that has stated they want to build "through the draft" (while trading away draft picks). Expecting them to spend money on premium player (at this point) seems to be an exercise in futility.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Talk Radio in Tampa is..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools