Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Talk Radio in Tampa is..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 25, 2012, 10:34:16 PM

the best shows on radio is the babe on 1040 12 to 3 kraznicky and night train lane 3 to 7 also 1040 jp peterson 3 to 6 on 1010 and early 6 to 9am sielo who has good guests every morning and talks a lot of sports and has  improved alot sinc e he first came on DUMIG is a blowhard who isn't worth listening to.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 26, 2012, 12:23:35 AM

the best shows on radio is the babe on 1040 12 to 3 kraznicky and night train lane 3 to 7 also 1040 jp peterson 3 to 6 on 1010 and early 6 to 9am sielo who has good guests every morning and talks a lot of sports and has  improved alot sinc e he first came on DUMIG is a blowhard who isn't worth listening to.

The BABE?

Good lord.

She's the most uninformed sportstalk host in the area including nitwit Duemig.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Stratobuc

Starter
#32 : January 26, 2012, 03:59:08 AM

You are not a fan of cogent rationale if you dig on Shaun Burger King.

I love it when he reminds everyone that he was a pro - so his opinion is therefore more learned than other's. Then he proceeds to say things such as - Raheem should receive an extension.....

bucboi813

Starter

#33 : January 26, 2012, 06:06:41 AM

trade free get manning I'm in

Live free or die trying

BucD

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 09, 2012, 08:45:05 AM

Sileo is an idiot, imo. But he brings on a few interviews relavent to local sports.

Ron and Ian are only good when they have relavant interivews. Most of the supporting people are weak (Darek Shapre).

Duimig also an idiot is too egotistical, and his callers are kiss-asses.

The 1010 shows in the afternoon are worth listening to (King, David, Peterson). The 1040 shows are good after 3 pm as well. The sports babe is clueless but brings good interviewees.

For the most part, this is how I view the local sports radio shows. 

The King David Show is tolerable and actually good when Shaun is talking X's and O's etc., Toby David is talking Baseball (not football...he's tuuurrible) and the other dude keeps his mouth shut (just flat out annoying).  But when they go off on their tangents it's unlistenable.  Shaun loves to claim that he likes to keep people honest and speak about truth, but yet there are times that he claims he knows a lot of the inner workings etc and attempts to pass things off as fact when in fact he knows just as much as we do.  Speculation.

Sileo does interviews really well and has a lot of people on for interviews, but just about everything else is trash.  He says some of the most idiotic things and just comes off as a ratings blowhard at times.  Can't really blame him for that though.  Ratings is how you keep your job.

JP Peterson is decent when he's not going off on his "CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP" rants.  True or not...it's just unlistenable for me...

Whitney Johnson that's been on for The Babe isn't anything amazing, but he's 10000x better than The Babe...in every way...she is just god awful....

Primetime w/ TKras and Ronnie Lane is ok and is pretty funny and entertaining for the most part.  Especially when they are bickering back and forth with each other on a subject.

Duimeg can be tolerable some times, but is mostly unlistenable.  He loves to scream into the mic and argue about stupid **CENSORED**.  I do listen to his interviews, although, he pretty much sucks at it...

But yea, I really only listen to any of them for the interviews.  If it were not for those I wouldn't listen.  I mean none of them really have any inside info.  Duimeg get's info, but only stuff that the Bucs want him and the public to know.

I really did like Justin Pawlowski, was dumb to let him go.  He did interviews really well and didn't annoy for the most part...

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 09, 2012, 09:16:41 AM

And on top of that, 620 just got rid of their most knowledgeable Bucs/NFL guy BY FAR, the Commish (seriously, the draft is right around the corner, what a stupid time to cut your draft guru)...this crap on the AM waves is awful. If Pawlowski was on instead of DUImig I would try to listen every day.

What is Pawlowski up to now. Surprised 1010 hasn't picked him up. Put him on in the A.M. And no one would listen to Sileo.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 09, 2012, 09:21:20 AM

And on top of that, 620 just got rid of their most knowledgeable Bucs/NFL guy BY FAR, the Commish (seriously, the draft is right around the corner, what a stupid time to cut your draft guru)...this crap on the AM waves is awful. If Pawlowski was on instead of DUImig I would try to listen every day.

What is Pawlowski up to now. Surprised 1010 hasn't picked him up. Put him on in the A.M. And no one would listen to Sileo.

He's been doing a lot on his website and Twitter.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 09, 2012, 09:29:56 AM

In the morning you have Dan Sileo telling listeners the Bucs should sign a broken Peyton Manning for 28 Million dollars (For 1-2 Years) so they can go to the Super Bowl.
 ...UH, WHAT? I didn't know the Bucs were 1 player away from the Super Bowl. I didn't know Peyton Manning could play line backer, corner back, stretch the field vertically as a WR, and become an elusive, change of pace RB on 3rd downs. (All while snapping the ball to himself, and blocking) ::)

Manning is the difference in the Colts being a 12-4 team and a 2-14 team.  He can make that kind of an impact.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#38 : February 09, 2012, 10:43:53 AM

In the morning you have Dan Sileo telling listeners the Bucs should sign a broken Peyton Manning for 28 Million dollars (For 1-2 Years) so they can go to the Super Bowl.
 ...UH, WHAT? I didn't know the Bucs were 1 player away from the Super Bowl. I didn't know Peyton Manning could play line backer, corner back, stretch the field vertically as a WR, and become an elusive, change of pace RB on 3rd downs. (All while snapping the ball to himself, and blocking) ::)

Manning is the difference in the Colts being a 12-4 team and a 2-14 team.  He can make that kind of an impact.

IMO, the Colts were custom built for Peyton Manning. Their whole team was constructed with him as the lynchpin. Their defense is built to rush the passer, because they assumed that Manning would be able to put up points on the offense. Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis made a career off of being able to pin their ears back, and get after QB's because the opposing team would be playing from behind, or trying to keep pace.  When a team is built around 1 person, a 2-14 season is bound to happen. I believe that is why the GM and everyone in the front office was fired. When your back-up plan is Curtis Painter, and you decide that Kerry Collins can lead your team better, after being on his couch, what does that say about your team?

Unlike the Colts have been over the years, the Bucs have NO IDENTITIY at the moment. I don't belive Manning can make a 14-2 type of impact simply by just suiting up for the Bucs.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 09, 2012, 12:07:17 PM

You do know that the Sportsbabe has been off air since the 20th of Jan. no explanation from 1040 either. It's rumored she's ill. She's the best of a sad crop though.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 09, 2012, 01:58:57 PM

Honestly, does anyone know where I can get a job talking about the Bucs on radio?

Ron Swanson

Starter

#41 : February 09, 2012, 02:43:29 PM

i must say one thing about being in Philly is there is good sports radio, even though i dont like any of the philly teams. The guys i listen to are hilarious.
Talking about the Eagles vs Cowboys game on Halloween.

Host#1: Do you what was scary last night?
Host#2: What?
Host#1: All those close up camera shots of Rob Ryan.
Host#2: (laughing) I hear ya man. He's not a good looking dude by any means.
Host#1: My wife came into the room right when they were showing him and was like "Oh my God, what is that!".
Host#2: It was about a horrific as the Cowboys defense. Ugly stuff.
Host#1: Yep. He kinda looks like a yeti.

kind of mean spirited, but good entertainment, plus they love their teams (even when they hate them).

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 09, 2012, 03:19:05 PM

Honestly, does anyone know where I can get a job talking about the Bucs on radio?
Why don't you just start your own online show?  There are tons of different services out there.

Do a twice,three times or whatever podcast about all things bucs.  I'll give you a chance and listen to you 2-3 times. (you need at least THAT long to find any kind of a voice). 

If I like it - I'll keep listening and more importantly tell my friends.  Who then tell their friends.  Before you know it, you have your own following and can either write your own meal ticket or get picked up by radio.

OR if you really suck... only your dog keeps listening to you.

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Moonsocket52

Practice Squad

#43 : February 09, 2012, 04:40:47 PM

Ron and Ian host the worst radio show on any airwave in the country

alan2827

Rookie

#44 : February 09, 2012, 04:58:24 PM

I don't know about the worst radio show anywhere but sports radio show may be a different story. The unfortunate part of it is that I really felt Ian was going to be an excellent sportsradio host. There is no question in my mind that Diaz brought him down to a level that is too juvenile for even the simplest of minds. I wish they would cut his over the hill ass loose and let us see what Ian could develop into by himself. It is so sad what has become of the timeslot that was once so entertaining and informative.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Talk Radio in Tampa is..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools