Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Possibility/Probability « previous next »
Page: 1

yungry bucs

Second String

: January 25, 2012, 10:51:21 AM

At pick #5 under a new coach dont be surprised if Trent Richardson is selected here. He has too much upside and value to pass up. Claiborne does fill a need but dont be surprised if we select a Brandon Boykin in the 3rd or 4th for return abilities and CB. We didnt really hit on Myron Lewis and E.J. Biggers isn't your conventional long term fix either. We're not trading out of the pick but free agency signing of a CB would further solidify Trent coming to Tampa. My predictions Rounds 1-7

#1- Trent Richardson RB Bama
#2- Lavonte David OLB Nebraska
#3- Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
#4- Andrew Datko OT FSU
#5- Bradon Taylor SS LSU
#6- B.J. Cunningham WR MSU
#7- Fozy Whittaker RB Texas

I believe this is a reasonable draft approach we hit with Foster believe it or not and I forsee the same with David, all these kids are from reputable schools who face CONSISTENT competition. Guys like Anthony Gaitor that come in from small time FIU are always in for a rude awakening. This draft may lean more toward skills positions considering we drafted alot of big men in years past. Its time to get some play makers and people to put fans in the seat. These are some of the guys I forsee the Bucs taking a second look at and even drafting if the conditions permit. Below are free agent corners and safeties. If you think we can find value in SIGNING a DB then your out of your mind.

Corners:

Brent Grimes (ATL)
Carlos Rogers (SF)
Cortland Finnegan (TEN)
Brandon Carr (KC)
Tracy Porter (NO)
Terrell Thomas (NYG)
Marcus Trufant (SEA)
Ronde Barber (TB)
Richard Marshall (ARZ)
Kelvin Hayden (ATL)
Cletis Gordon (CAR)
Zackary Bowman (CHI)
Corey Graham (CHI)
Tim Jennings (CHI)
Kelly Jennings (CIN)
Alan Ball (DAL)
Eric Wright (DET)
Jarrett Bush (GB)
Pat Lee (GB)
Jason Allen (HOU)
Dwight Lowery (JAC)
Rashean Mathis (JAC)
William Middleton (JAC)
Will Allen (MIA)
Antwaun Molden (NE)
Michael Coe (NYG)
Aaron Ross (NYG)
Donald Strickland (NYJ)
William Gay (PIT)
Al Harris (STL)
Elbert Mack (TB)

Safeties:

LaRon Landry (WAS)
Michael Griffin (TEN)
Chris Harris (DET)
Tyvon Branch (OAK)
Brandon Meriweather (CHI)
Hamza Abdullah (ARZ)
Thomas DeCoud (ATL)
James Sanders (ATL)
Tom Zbikowski (BAL)
Bryan Scott (BUF)
Craig Steltz (CHI)
Reggie Nelson (CIN)
Gibril Wilson (CIN)
Mike Adams (CLE)
Abram Elam (DAL)
Gerald Sensabaugh (DAL)
Erik Coleman (DET)
Dominique Barber (HOU)
Courtney Greene (JAC)
Jon McGraw (KC)
Husain Abdullah (MIN)
Tyrell Johnson (MIN)
Derrick Martin (NYG)
Jim Leonhard (NYJ)
Brodney Pool (NYJ)
Steve Gregory (SD)
Paul Oliver (SD)
Bob Sanders (SD)
Dashon Goldson (SF)
Reggie Smith (SF)
Madieu Williams (SF)
Tanard Jackson (TB)
Sean Jones (TB)
Corey Lynch (TB)
Jordan Babineaux (TEN)
Chris Hope (TEN)

pancake block

Starter

#1 : January 25, 2012, 11:26:21 AM

some reason i dont think we have a 4th this year....maybe the trade up for stocker....id be extatic to see datko fall to the 4th
unless we all the sudden splurge in free agency(forget history)...a corner is utmost on the list....if  dre kirkpatrick or janoris jenkins fall to the second round i wouldnt mind a double dip at that position.....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 27, 2012, 10:41:49 AM

FA

cortland finnegan, brandon carr, dqwell jackson, bart scott, brian leonard, and a mid tier LG.  lotta names, but not so much "mega-star" guys.  so we spend some decent money on CB's.  but they shouldnt break the bank.  they might get best available money though.  jackson might get a big contract, but he is a local tampa guy so he might want to come home.  bart scotts gonna be schianos leader on D, brian leonard our new earnest graham and leader on O.

trade blount for a 2nd.  he's not gonna make it with schiano.   cut KW2 and faine.  move foster to WLB.

1 - trade down.  would love to swap penn/long and 1sts with miami...but realistically we trade with someone and get an extra 2nd.
1 - trent richardson.  we aint getting ray rice.
2 - dwyane allen.  best blocking/receiving TE.
2 - colby fleener.  best receiving athlete TE.  we know dom loves the double dib.
2 - kelechi osemele.  RT big, huge, blocker. 6-5 330
3 - brandon brooks.  6-5 350, future LG.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dean youngblood

Starter

#3 : January 27, 2012, 12:05:05 PM

FA

cortland finnegan, brandon carr, dqwell jackson, bart scott, brian leonard, and a mid tier LG.  lotta names, but not so much "mega-star" guys.  so we spend some decent money on CB's.  but they shouldnt break the bank.  they might get best available money though.  jackson might get a big contract, but he is a local tampa guy so he might want to come home.  bart scotts gonna be schianos leader on D, brian leonard our new earnest graham and leader on O.

trade blount for a 2nd.  he's not gonna make it with schiano.   cut KW2 and faine.  move foster to WLB.

1 - trade down.  would love to swap penn/long and 1sts with miami...but realistically we trade with someone and get an extra 2nd.
1 - trent richardson.  we aint getting ray rice.
2 - dwyane allen.  best blocking/receiving TE.
2 - colby fleener.  best receiving athlete TE.  we know dom loves the double dib.
2 - kelechi osemele.  RT big, huge, blocker. 6-5 330
3 - brandon brooks.  6-5 350, future LG.

Holy Moly...only possible moves here are Brian Leaonard, and Mason to WLB. Cortland's gonna sign in St. Louis or Tennessee or anywhere else before he comes here....Carr will be locked up. Only chance we have at D'qwell is breaking the bank to get him to come "home"...If we sign him, I don't understand the need for Bart Scott. We don't run a 3-4 no need for two starting ILB's....Leonard's gonna have a hard time leading the O from the bench....Don't see anybody but Fleener being drafted to us and that's if he falls to the 3rd...

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 27, 2012, 12:16:32 PM

Look I like seeing mock drafts and all except for the ones with multiple trades, which immediately make them .01% probable. There is more of a trade possibility this year though with QB's and new CBA rules so I'm open to it but only for specific reasons for specific teams in mocks.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 27, 2012, 12:18:51 PM

We don't have a 4th round pick

But I am hoping our free agency and draft looks something like this
1. Morris Claiborne
2. Vontaze Burfict
3. LaMichael James
Maybe try to trade up in the fourth round and add Center Michael Brewster?

Add FAs
Carl Nicks OG
Brandon Carr CB
Laron Landry S
RT Jered Gaither

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 27, 2012, 02:25:39 PM

Holy Moly...only possible moves here are Brian Leaonard, and Mason to WLB. Cortland's gonna sign in St. Louis or Tennessee or anywhere else before he comes here....Carr will be locked up. Only chance we have at D'qwell is breaking the bank to get him to come "home"...If we sign him, I don't understand the need for Bart Scott. We don't run a 3-4 no need for two starting ILB's....Leonard's gonna have a hard time leading the O from the bench....Don't see anybody but Fleener being drafted to us and that's if he falls to the 3rd...

maybe i should have put some more hurricanes in there?  how about

1 - lamar miller
2 - brandon washington
3 - sean spence
5 - ray ray somebody

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dean youngblood

Starter

#7 : January 27, 2012, 04:48:46 PM

maybe i should have put some more hurricanes in there?  how about

1 - lamar miller
2 - brandon washington
3 - sean spence
5 - ray ray somebody

Good one guy....you forgot to trade back though so we can pick up Chase Ford too

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Possibility/Probability « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools