Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: [ESPN] Buccaneers are officially the only team in the NFL w/o a Head Coach... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 25, 2012, 06:50:45 PM

This Drama Queen, Donald Trump-like, CIA hiring process is so **CENSORED**ing lame.

I agree...the panthers are getting ticked off and I don't blame them....what is the point of draggin this out??? please someone explain

I'm sure Heckle and Jeckle are back under deep cover trying to find another "splash" hire.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#16 : January 25, 2012, 07:06:18 PM

I wonder how many teams are unofficially w/o a Head Coach according to ESPN.

Hmmm...here, let me check...

Uhum....mmmmm...hmmmm....

Aha...yeah...I see...yeah, I guess...thanks!

Yep, just us.

That makes no sense then. If ESPN felt that way why did they bother using the word officially? I think they're disrespecting some head coaches out there but won't say which ones publicly. That makes more sense.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#17 : January 25, 2012, 07:18:33 PM

This Drama Queen, Donald Trump-like, CIA hiring process is so **CENSORED**ing lame.

I agree...the panthers are getting ticked off and I don't blame them....what is the point of draggin this out??? please someone explain

Only thing I can think of is they want to talk to someone on the GIants staff like Perry Fewell. And they now have to wait until after the Super Bowl in order to do that.

Good point...or another "mystery" ...If it was Sherman wouldn't have pulled the trigger already, doesn't make sense

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 25, 2012, 07:22:48 PM

If it was Fewell they could interview him next week IIRC, they don't have to wait till the SB ends.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#19 : January 25, 2012, 07:26:39 PM

If it was Fewell they could interview him next week IIRC, they don't have to wait till the SB ends.

What's your take on Fewell?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 25, 2012, 07:31:01 PM

Hard to say. When he was in BUF as the DC they were18, 31, 14, 19 so no great but not awful most years.  The BUF defense wasn't awful in terms of talent but not great either. I mean he seems to hvae brought them in about right where I'd think they would land talentwise. He's been an interim HC so he's done the job. Not a bad hire but I'm not sure his resume pseaks to me as being better than a Zimmer for example.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 25, 2012, 07:33:09 PM

Seriously.....this crap is indefensible at this point. 

I really believe that they have spent too much time on Man U and flat out lost the pulse of the team/league.

The Kelly fiasco shell-shocked them and they are trying to pick up the pieces.  And that would have been an awful hire.

They need to sell....they suck as owners and are now an embarrassment.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 25, 2012, 07:35:07 PM

Now the Glazers won't have to get in a bidding war for anyone.  BRILLIANT!!!

I knew it would happen when the coaching search first started. The Glazers like bargaining leverage in their favor.

Meaning, they now have a list of candidates (bad or not) that cannot be a HC in the NFL this season if the Glazers don't say ok.

If anyone is handy with the MB, they can quote me on that. (Although, I did say three weeks was the deadline, so yeah, I was wrong about that) I figured everyone would've been done within three weeks time, including the Bucs. We all know how some teams go overboard or get a bit overzealous.

Unless they come up with a name no one would've thought of, I will have to chalk this up to lethargy.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#23 : January 25, 2012, 07:39:27 PM

Hard to say. When he was in BUF as the DC they were18, 31, 14, 19 so no great but not awful most years.  The BUF defense wasn't awful in terms of talent but not great either. I mean he seems to hvae brought them in about right where I'd think they would land talentwise. He's been an interim HC so he's done the job. Not a bad hire but I'm not sure his resume pseaks to me as being better than a Zimmer for example.

Interesting. Thanks.

I'm kinda worried about the interim thing myself. He performed slightly better than Jauron but they fired him anyway for Chan Gailey who has never impressed me and hasn't done anything in Buffalo. I don't know enough about that situation to say one way or the other but that isn't a ringing endorsement for Fewell either.

He does have a connection with the Bucs through Lovie Smith so maybe he put in the good word.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 25, 2012, 07:43:01 PM

You wonder maybe not Fewell but Gilbride. In 16 years as an OC he's led 9 top 10 offenses with 3 different franchises (HOU, JAX, NYG). He's worked for Cowher and Coughlin.

The downside is that he's been an HC in SD only lasted 22 games and only won 6 of those - granted his QB's were (guys who tossed 100+ passes in a season) Craig Whelihan, Stan Humphries, Ryan Leafand god help him Jim Everett started a game as well so maybe no one would do very well under those conditions.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#25 : January 25, 2012, 07:48:01 PM

You wonder maybe not Fewell but Gilbride. In 16 years as an OC he's led 9 top 10 offenses with 3 different franchises (HOU, JAX, NYG). He's worked for Cowher and Coughlin.

The downside is that he's been an HC in SD only lasted 22 games and only won 6 of those - granted his QB's were (guys who tossed 100+ passes in a season) Craig Whelihan, Stan Humphries, Ryan Leafand god help him Jim Everett started a game as well so maybe no one would do very well under those conditions.

Ryan Leaf AND Chris Everett? I wouldn't hold his record against him too much. He was doomed.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 25, 2012, 08:36:11 PM

Even if it is a coordinator in the playoffs they could have and should have reached out long ago. Alot of people think is against league rules(got bombarded by a bunch of know it alls with no links) but its not.
 The bucs set up an interview with Wade Phillips, and several other coordinators in the playoffs were spoken to by other teams.
  There is really no excuse for it to take so long. I think Dom is botching this coaching hire, like he botched last off season.

DailyRich68

Starter
#27 : January 25, 2012, 09:35:27 PM

Today is January 25th.

Dungy was hired on the 22nd.

Gruden was hired on February 18th.

People need to calm the hell down about how long this it taking.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#28 : January 25, 2012, 09:38:44 PM

Today is January 25th.

Dungy was hired on the 22nd.

Gruden was hired on February 18th.

People need to calm the hell down about how long this it taking.

If we wait until March this time we may finally have the HC who will make us a dynasty.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 25, 2012, 09:39:35 PM

Even if it is a coordinator in the playoffs they could have and should have reached out long ago. Alot of people think is against league rules(got bombarded by a bunch of know it alls with no links) but its not.
 The bucs set up an interview with Wade Phillips, and several other coordinators in the playoffs were spoken to by other teams.
  There is really no excuse for it to take so long. I think Dom is botching this coaching hire, like he botched last off season.

I'm sure Dom did most of the talking with Chip via phone before he came to take a look at Tampa.

Funny how after he meets the Glazers he walks away from the job. But sure, we can blame Dom. Even though he's only a puppet for the puppetmasters, it's his fault.

Coaches are avoiding TB for one reason alone (and it trickles though the whole org), the Glazers.

The ONLY coaches that are going to come here are going to have a lot of gumption, ego, or will take whatever they can get.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: [ESPN] Buccaneers are officially the only team in the NFL w/o a Head Coach... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools