Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Back-up QB 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1

goobtube

Starter

: January 26, 2012, 02:48:21 AM

How many teams lost QB's this year and had to scramble to trade for or acquire a veteran they felt comfortable with?? I think we need a veteran QB we would feel comfortable with to avoid what Oakland, Kansas City and Chicago went through. How about this guy?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/322295-report-garrard-will-be-100-by-spring?sct=nfl_bf1_a6&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 26, 2012, 02:49:56 AM

I prefer Jason Campbell.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

goobtube

Starter

#2 : January 26, 2012, 03:05:19 AM

I like Campbell, I wonder if someone will give him an opportunity to start.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 26, 2012, 03:08:23 AM

I like Campbell, I wonder if someone will give him an opportunity to start.

Probably not, that is why he would be a good backup to Freeman.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BigfootsDik

Second String

#4 : January 26, 2012, 10:49:22 AM

We definitely need a solid veteran back up QB to help mentor Freeman.  Besides, I don't really feel comfortable with our QB stable behind Freeman (Johnson and Carpenter).  If Freeman ever went down, you can rest assure we would have another top 5 pick.  I wouldn't mind Gerrad as a back up.  He didn't do that bad in Jville, I think most of it had to do with the lack of weapons.  We should also consider (I hate to say it), Mcnabb (solely as a back up).  He has good leadership and was a quality starter for a long time.  Say what you want about that past few seasons, but he could mentor Freeman.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Back-up QB 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools