Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#120 : January 26, 2012, 12:12:49 PM

I watch a lot of big east football...schiano is a hard nosed coach doesn't take BS he has actually done a lot with little talent. Didn't he coach ray rice? I like this

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#121 : January 26, 2012, 12:19:16 PM

This is a horrible hire.

Why?

People know nothing about him. They look at his record of just above .500 and assume a lot of things. He is a good coach in my opinion but never excelled, other than the couple years when he had Kenny Britt, Ray Rice and Justin Leonard, because college football is about recruiting. You cannot spend the amount of time coaching that you can in the NFL. You have to have the talent because you can only teach so much.

Not sure how he'll do but he is a good coach.

He isn't a surprise to most so don't assume that.  He is pretty much ho hum.

I'll take organized and disciplined at this point. That will help us as much as anything.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#122 : January 26, 2012, 12:20:16 PM

All I know about Schiano is what I've read today (Belichick, Sirius guys, tweets) and it sounds like he's a decent hire but my issue isn't with Schiano at all...the issue is whether they (Buc upper Mgt) could've hired someone more high profile with track record....I don't think they accomplished that today. I will let this sink in a bit and see how I feel in a few days after the dust settles...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#123 : January 26, 2012, 01:04:05 PM

Schiano is very well respected in the coaching community. It's an interesting choice...when DTG was saying there's a saying there was a New york connection his name crossed my mind. I quickly discounted him though based on him recently telling Peter King he had no interest in the NFL.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#124 : February 22, 2012, 11:40:20 PM

He's put together a decent staff. Look forward to seeing the product on the field.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools