Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

lemmer40

Second String

#15 : January 26, 2012, 09:41:20 AM

As a fan of West Virginia, I would hate this.  It was nice beating up on Rutgers year after year after year after year........

As a fan of Big East football, well Big XII now, Schiano never really impressed me.  His offenses always struggled to score points and considering he was in the Big East which seems to always get labled football's worst conference ( I still say ACC is worse), the guy couldn't even win the Big East. 

I give him credit for turning around a program that was once always at the bottom but I don't see how that would translate into the NFL. 

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 26, 2012, 09:44:13 AM

I get why they're going for a college coach, given how young our roster is, but to me it's too risky.

I don't, I'd go exactly the oposite. The roster is young nd needs to leanr to be NFL'ers. Schiano isn't a guy i trust to teach them that based on a single year as a position coach.

It's not what I want, or feel is needed, but the Glazers seem intent on following the plan. With some experienced coordinators it may work out, but who wants to work under a first time NFL coach?

cettrue

Second String

#17 : January 26, 2012, 09:44:20 AM

He isn't that great of a coach. I didn't like him for HC canidate of my Cane's and don"t like him for the Bucs. He took Rutgers from a nothing program in a weak conference by pouching Florida's second tier players and showing them love. Remember he used to put up Rutgers billboards all over Dade and Broward counties. He is not the worst canidate mentioned but also no way near the best imo. If he is named I will pull for him and hope I am wrong.

Gullfer1

Second String
#18 : January 26, 2012, 09:45:00 AM

Won't belive it till I see it.   1/14 this year Schiano to Peter King  he has no desire to return to NFL.  Notrhing in NJ papers or Rutgers Sportss  as of today.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 26, 2012, 09:47:30 AM

lmao

I bet most of you don't know **CENSORED** about Schiano.  But he's not a big name...or Chud...or Marty...

You mother **CENSORED**ers will complain, **CENSORED** and moan about everything and anything...

hahaha

jozito

Second String

#20 : January 26, 2012, 09:48:52 AM

update***Ron and Ian say that Greg Schiano might be named coach.
Great,This would leave another 5 million to hire a real coach that we could call a JUST IN CASE COACH.
The Glazers could continue looking for the splash and not be embarresed every time they get turned down
THEY SUK

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 26, 2012, 09:48:57 AM

WTF?

If they want a college coach go with Leavitt at least....

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 26, 2012, 09:50:51 AM

He's a step up from Morris but my goodness...definitely the joke of the league

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#23 : January 26, 2012, 09:51:33 AM

Probably just a candidate because of nobody liking Sherman, now all of a sudden Sherman doesn't look so bad anymore. Lowering standards.

grandpaboy

Second String

#24 : January 26, 2012, 09:52:25 AM

Peter King was saying two weeks ago that Schiano was going to the Dolphins.  See how that worked out. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 26, 2012, 09:53:45 AM

Probably just a candidate because of nobody liking Sherman, now all of a sudden Sherman doesn't look so bad anymore. Lowering standards.

The people that were talking down Sherman need to eat some crow if this is true.  :'(

natelotof

Rookie

#26 : January 26, 2012, 09:54:50 AM

Maybe this is a smoke screen so we start to like Sherman more, and then they hire Sherman.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 26, 2012, 09:55:52 AM

Maybe this is a smoke screen so we start to like Sherman more, and then they hire Sherman.

It doesn't look like it.  The plan is to build through the draft, probably why they want a college head coach that can work with young players.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#28 : January 26, 2012, 10:02:41 AM

The people that were talking down Sherman need to eat some crow if this is true.  :'(

QFT

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 26, 2012, 10:04:24 AM

LaCanfora reports, "Rutgers coach Greg Schiano is under consideration for Bucs job. Mike Sherman had 2nd interview. Rob Chudzinski might as well"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools