Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

« #30 : January 26, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »

Good thing we got rid of Gruden...this is for the Gruden haters who were tired of 9-7 seasons

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

kbudde_5

Rookie
« #31 : January 26, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »

Good thing we got rid of Gruden...this is for the Gruden haters who were tired of 9-7 seasons

Good thing we still have people holding onto Gruden after 3, coming up on 4 seasons gone. I would love to have him back, but 3 years is way too long to hold on.. maybe its time to get over it?

RhemaLogo

Rookie

« #32 : January 26, 2012, 10:10:58 AM »

I am beginning to believe more and more that Chip Kelly was a smoke screen to make us all believe that the Bucs were going to spend money.

jozito

Second String

« #33 : January 26, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »

TOTALLY AGREE

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #34 : January 26, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »

I am beginning to believe more and more that Chip Kelly was a smoke screen to make us all believe that the Bucs were going to spend money.

It is possible that is what happened....  :'(

lemmer40

Second String

« #35 : January 26, 2012, 10:13:05 AM »

I'm willing to give Schiano the benefit of the doubt right now.  He has been heavily endorsed by Belichick which says something. 

There is also the fact I'd rather the Bucs take a chance on Schiano then go with Sherman.  I'd rather the team just coach itself then to go with Sherman.

jozito

Second String

« #36 : January 26, 2012, 10:13:20 AM »

What does wifey hear ?

DailyRich68

Starter
« #37 : January 26, 2012, 10:14:35 AM »

So what, they offered Kelly $6 million a year hoping he'd say yes, then back out, just to show they'd spend money?

I bet if Kelly had actually taken the job, people would accuse the Glazers of over-paying him just to show they'd spend money.  By, you know, spending money.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #38 : January 26, 2012, 10:15:17 AM »

LaCanfora reports, "Rutgers coach Greg Schiano is under consideration for Bucs job. Mike Sherman had 2nd interview. Rob Chudzinski might as well"

Glazers weren't lying when they said that they'd search high and low for their next HC. Oldtimers, has-beens, up-and-comers, college coaches, retreads, etc etc.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #39 : January 26, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »

Chip Kelly turned the job down at the last minute, but another college coach has surfaced as a potential candidate to take over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Rutgers coach Greg Schiano is a possible candidate for the job, according to Tampa sports radio station WDAE. NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora later reported that he was hearing the same.

This is far from the first time Schiano’s name has surfaced as a coach who could jump from college to the NFL, but as recently as January 14, the Newark Star-Ledger was reporting that Schiano had no interest in leaving for the NFL.

Of course, if Schiano changes his mind about that, he would hardly be the first coach to do so. And owners who are willing to offer $6 million a year can be good at changing coaches’ minds.

All we know for sure about the Bucs is that they’re taking their time and considering a wide variety of candidates. Tampa Bay is the only team in the NFL that doesn’t have a coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/26/greg-schianos-name-emerges-in-tampa-bay/

kbudde_5

Rookie
« #40 : January 26, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »

So what, they offered Kelly $6 million a year hoping he'd say yes, then back out, just to show they'd spend money?

I bet if Kelly had actually taken the job, people would accuse the Glazers of over-paying him just to show they'd spend money.  By, you know, spending money.

+2

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #41 : January 26, 2012, 10:19:41 AM »

Per Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Tampa Bay plans to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as the next Buccaneers head coach. Two sides trying to finalize contract.

Bookert1905

Starter
« #42 : January 26, 2012, 10:21:03 AM »

Marty better be there to help and help get him coordinators, because who can he get?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #43 : January 26, 2012, 10:21:10 AM »

Per Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Tampa Bay plans to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as the next Buccaneers head coach. Two sides trying to finalize contract.

underwhelmed right now

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #44 : January 26, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »

They scratched each others back.  It made Phil Knight sweat and it made the Glazers look like they wanted a big splash with the buzz generated.  Win/win for both parties.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Schiano « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools