Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Shefter confirms Schiano deal finalizing « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

landfill

Second String
#120 : January 26, 2012, 01:23:21 PM

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Now official: After finalizing a five-year deal, the Buccaneers officially have hired Greg Schiano as their next head coach.

KCBuc

Starter

#121 : January 26, 2012, 01:23:29 PM

We have dedicated ourselves to this build through the draft only plan, and we almost pulled it off. In 2010 we surprised everyone and looked very good. Then in 2011 we were embarrassingly bad. We set records with our ineptitude. Fans had to watch as we went out week after week and put up little to no resistance. It was painfully clear that the team was not being coached up or prepared on a professional level. It was also clear that our team had no confidence and had given up.

More than anything else we needed to assemble a coaching staff for 2011 that was experienced and proven. A staff that could hit the ground running and start getting the most out of the youngest and most inexperienced roster of the NFL. We needed a staff that could stop the downward spiral before it was too late.

Instead we hire another inexperienced defensive backs coach. This guy coaches in college at an Ivy league school. He has less NFL experience than Raheem did. He has as much chance of putting together a proper coaching staff as Raheem did. THIS is a joke. And I can almost guarantee this signing also means we will continue to ignore free agency. Even if we did try to sign top FAs....who the **CENSORED** would come here? We could have a sure fire proven team builder with more NFL experience than our entire previous coaching staff combined in Mart Schottenhiemer. A guy that could have turned this team around and changed the culture in just one year. A guy that would have attracted the top coaches to fill his staff and the top FAs....but we go with this Schiano guy.

If you want to take a chance on a risky unproven college coach when you have an experienced veteran team....fine. Maybe he'll bring the exuberance needed to give your team that extra push  to get over the hump. When you have the youngest most inexperienced roster in the NFL, and you are coming off a historically horrible season....you are on the verge of ruining the little talent you do have. You need a safe, experienced, and proven coach....not a complete gamble.

Horrible....sad...pitiful. I'd love to be wrong and if I am please pull this post up again and again to rub it in my face....but as far as I can see there is nothing to be positive about. This is ridiculous and the Bucs have become a complete joke. We are on the same level as the Browns now. I have supported the Glazers and defended them again and again, but I am ready for new owners. Tired of being a fan of a joke franchise.

I agree with this absolutely 100%. Could not have said it better myself. It's a complete shame what this organization has become.

Please, please, please save my comments in case I am wrong I hope that I am. But, this has no chance of being anything than a complete disaster. Now we know why the Glazers want stipulations in the contracts of the assistants that they wouldn't get compensation if fired. This guy won't last two years.

HolyBuc

Starter
#122 : January 26, 2012, 01:23:34 PM

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Now official: After finalizing a five-year deal, the Buccaneers officially have hired Greg Schiano as their next head coach.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#123 : January 26, 2012, 01:23:58 PM

Schefter's Twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/adamschefter

KCBuc

Starter

#124 : January 26, 2012, 01:24:18 PM

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

FIVE YEARS!!!!???? FIVE YEARS!!!!???? WTF??

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#125 : January 26, 2012, 01:31:17 PM

How many years does this one get to "rebuild"

Just curious because this is year four of the rebuilding process, and we have quite a bit of young talent....so he should have immediate success. Correct?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#126 : January 26, 2012, 01:46:52 PM

How many years does this one get to "rebuild"

Just curious because this is year four of the rebuilding process, and we have quite a bit of young talent....so he should have immediate success. Correct?

The Glazers see as it as perpetual rebuilding if it keeps costs low.

buddah

Starter
#127 : January 26, 2012, 02:06:48 PM

Kudos to the Glazers.  They did what they said they would do.  They conducted an exhaustive search.  They interviewed a dozen or more candidates.  They did their homework.  I've been an executive for years and I can tell you hiring is not a science.  There were knocks on every candidate and I don't really care whenther this guy is the fans' choice.  The best hiring is done methodically, patiently, and with out the pressure to please everybody.  I believe the Glazers did that.  I have no idea whether this guy will succeed.  Buit just rejecting him out of hand because you think you know better is just plain stupid.  Of the coaches chosen by other teams only Miami made a choice that would have won some degree of approval and he is by no means a sure bet, since he's an offensive guy who didn't even call plays.  I repeat, hiring is not a science.  I am convinced that the Buccaneers brass did their homework.  I support the hire and will wait eagerly to see how things develop from here.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#128 : January 26, 2012, 02:12:00 PM

@RossTuckerNFL All I know is EVERYBODY that knows/has worked with Greg Schiano speaks glowingly of him

That could mean they want to set him on fire.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#129 : January 26, 2012, 02:22:10 PM

"Obviously, hes done a great job at Rutgers," Belichick said. "And I think hes a tremendous coach, he's done a great job with that program, and his players have been very pro ready, guys that come out of that program, when they get to the NFL, most of them make it.

"They may not be first round picks or whatever but they have enough talent to really compete in the NFL and most of them end up staying in one way or another. I think thats a credit to the preparation and the program he has built there."

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#130 : January 26, 2012, 02:29:08 PM

Belicheat has great taste in coaches. Look at his coaching tree and all the success his assistants have gone on to have.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#131 : January 26, 2012, 02:29:47 PM

Well, Zuttah was one of his boys at Rutgers. Maybe Schiano can give him the strong kick in the asss he needs to get over the hump.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#132 : October 14, 2013, 01:12:10 PM

I just HAD to bring back this thread.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

meatwad4343

Starter

#133 : October 14, 2013, 01:15:55 PM

Dark days ahead. :(

you hit the nail on the head my friend. PSYCHIC!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#134 : October 14, 2013, 01:18:35 PM

Yup, alldaway and I were obviously against this fools hiring.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Shefter confirms Schiano deal finalizing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools