Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Might as well bring back Raheem... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 26, 2012, 12:17:41 PM

Schian > Morris point blank.  I'm not saying I'm a fan of this hire but one thing is certain he is an upgrade over Morris.  Heck at the very least he will hold players accountable.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 19, 2012, 10:56:00 AM

Another classic BFT+C thread. Man this guy nails it on the head.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 19, 2012, 11:04:43 AM

Funny bump TebowForcedTrauma.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 19, 2012, 11:07:07 AM

Only losers live in the past. You live in the past, you die in the past. Build a bridge and get over it.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 19, 2012, 11:14:45 AM

Only losers live in the past. You live in the past, you die in the past. Build a bridge and get over it.
I live in the past? Im not the one bumping a thread from January.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 19, 2012, 11:16:24 AM

I live in the past? Im not the one bumping a thread from January.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 19, 2012, 11:24:19 AM

i do love these threads.  if only "fire schiano" would have chimed in we could have had the trifecta.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 19, 2012, 11:37:38 AM

Quote from: GameTime
i do love these threads.  if only "fire schiano" would have chimed in we could have had the trifecta.

I don't think he had changed his name from Fire Raheem Morris by this point.  Hey, these are fair game. It's okay to have a few bumped threads from the past every now and again. I remember making a terrible prediction without letting things play out at all, gave it no thought whatsoever. I got called out on it. For some reason, I thought the past would stay there, like the first rule of Fight Club or something... it didn't work that way. Granted I'm still wrong a lot nowadays, I make considerably less terrible predictions because of that lol.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 19, 2012, 12:13:45 PM

I called it after we hired him. No one wanted to hear it. Everyone thought they knew better. I watch Rutgers and the big east the entire time Schiano was there. I'm a SU fan really, Rutgers was a team that you never wanted to play. They were always tough and seemed to be ready for everygame.  I said he was a good coach and perfect for this team and you all tried to roast me on it.

I'm sticking to it. By years end he'll be in the COTY discussion. I don't think he'll win it because we'll need to be in the playoffs I believe, but no one and I mean no one thought we would be 6-4 at this point in the season.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 19, 2012, 12:20:53 PM

Do you jackwads actually believe some dude from freakin' Rutgers is gonna drop in on Tampa and turn this team around?  This crap has comedy central  next episode upcoming...........

This is kind of like a bad dream or an April Fool's joke, isn't it?

FWIW everyone that I've spoken with this morning about the Greg Schiano hire says I should be excited about it. They say he's a very solid coach.

who the ef did you talk to, his parents, his kids, and his wife?

dbrooks55

Starter

#25 : November 19, 2012, 12:21:11 PM

I called it after we hired him. No one wanted to hear it. Everyone thought they knew better. I watch Rutgers and the big east the entire time Schiano was there. I'm a SU fan really, Rutgers was a team that you never wanted to play. They were always tough and seemed to be ready for everygame.  I said he was a good coach and perfect for this team and you all tried to roast me on it.

I'm sticking to it. By years end he'll be in the COTY discussion. I don't think he'll win it because we'll need to be in the playoffs I believe, but no one and I mean no one thought we would be 6-4 at this point in the season.

I absolutely agree and was also on the Schaino bandwagon from the start...also Mike Sullivan (not to mention Doug Martin too!!! BTW where are all the Blount lovers?). The impatience on the board was driving me nuts the 1st four weeks. They needed time to settle in into new schemes.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 19, 2012, 02:15:26 PM

BTW where are all the Blount lovers?

I like Blount. I think they are working Martin awfully hard and and someone should be getting more work so Martin doesnt wear out if the Bucs make a playoff push. Id like for it to be Blount, but anyone would make me happy at this point.

Hows liking a backup whos proven he can run the ball and be effective a bad thing? Especially when your rookie RB is getting 30 touches a game between the pass and run. Martins stats are nice, but id  rather have him last the whole year. Most rookies hit a wall and if the Bucs are trying to win out or even get to the playoffs, a somewhat fresh Martin would be nice.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 19, 2012, 02:33:47 PM

Thanks for reminding me I said this in the past.

I'm hear to eat the crow. I was wrong, this was nothing more than an instinct reaction based on knowing nothing about the guy.

I couldn't be happier with the way things have turned out.
: November 19, 2012, 02:37:04 PM BFT+C

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 19, 2012, 02:35:21 PM

I'll be the first to admit. I wanted Chip Kelley. I called it even before the Bucs announced interest in him. I wasn't a fan of the hire initially because I didn't know much about the guy. Once I got to know him and meet him at OBP it was an easy sell to like him from there. Just a damn shame I'm moving to California in January. Now I'll have to be a long distance fan.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 19, 2012, 02:36:58 PM

I actually think Raheem will make a good DC, although obviously not for us. He's done a decent job with not a lot of talent in Washington.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Might as well bring back Raheem... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools