Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WTH Are The Glazers Thinking?! Fans Will Revolt! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 26, 2012, 01:01:59 PM

WHY are we having to Google the name of our head coach??

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#16 : January 26, 2012, 01:04:17 PM

What bases do you have that he is bad coach? You people know nothing about him...he is a developer of talent. Defensive minded hard nosed coach...I like the hire. Poise if he can bring I butch as DC

KCBuc

Starter

#17 : January 26, 2012, 01:06:35 PM

What a bunch of $hitty fans we have...

I'm sorry. This is a $hitty hire. I'd love to be drinking the Kool-Aid with the rest of you, but this guy is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb being led to slaughter. Here's a college head coach with a mediocre record in a mediocre conference, whose highest NFL job was as an defensive assistant with the Chicago Bears  FOURTEEN YEARS AGO!!!!!

My Lord, what in the world makes you idiots think this is a good hire? Seriously, I honestly don't know how anyone could think this is a good hire. This is a joke.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 26, 2012, 01:10:04 PM

I am not saying I love the hire...but am willing to give him a chance. He's going to be the head coach and I like his style. I think if he gets some good coordinators...he might be ok. He's already got more on his resume than Morris ever did.

Morris had how much head coaching experience at any level before becoming the Bucs head coach? ZERO!!! Even as a D-Coordinator, Morris had just 1 year as D-coordinator at K-State...where they ranked 62nd in the Nation on D (pts allowed) and 79th for total yards.

Schiano's D at the University of Miami in 1999 and 2000 were ranked 12th and 5th for points allowed...not sure about yardage. Schiano also coached in the NFL for 3 years...so he has a little NFL experience (under Dave Wannstedt). Schiano also has been a head coach for 11 years and turned around an abysmal Rutgers team.

Again, I am not saying I love this hire...but I am willing to give him a chance and I like him more than Morris.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

jlr0714

Starter
#19 : January 26, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Thanks for the 'idiot' thing...classy.   Today...January 26, 2012...none of us can say unequivocably that it is a good or bad hire...it's a hire.   You can evaluate the man, his record, and his style...and make assumptions about how that MIGHT translate to our team, in our situation.    When I try to evaluate people for an opening I have to fill with my company, I seek the opinion of those I trust who have more intimate knowledge of the candidate than I have...so in this instance...if I look to those who might just be in a better position to evaluate Schiano than I am....I see one of the most successful NFL coaches in history saying that this guy is an ideal candidate for NFL success.   Frankly...I'm going to value Belichick's evaluation of Schiano a bit higher than a bunch of knee jerk reactionary so called fans.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 26, 2012, 01:15:40 PM

If you think it was bad when you hired Raheem Morris, wait until you announce Greg Schiano as the HC of "Our" Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You thought attendance was bad the last few years? The stadium will look deserted on game day. This is a boneheaded move that seems to follow suit with a lot of your boneheaded moves of late. How can you hire a college coach that was 68-67? Hopefully this is just your way of setting up the team to be sold in 2013 because myself and Bucs fans alike are SICK AND TIRED OF YOU!

Let's start our mob and head to One Buc Place with pitchforks and torches! I'll...uh...meet you there. LMFAO....

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 26, 2012, 01:16:26 PM

WHY are we having to Google the name of our head coach??

Because you don't pay enough attention to football? Schiano took Rutgers from laughing stock to bowl game caliber and with absolutely no one to work with. Ray Rice was the only true stud he had on his team and everyone knocked Rice because he was too small. The only other really good players he worked with (that are in the NFL now) are the McCourty brothers and Britt (I know he is talented but he is just an overall ass).

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 26, 2012, 01:20:47 PM

Two good things I can say about Sciano.  One:  He graduated from Bucknell and so did I.  Now there are two of us.  And Two:  He's Italian and so am I.  Now we are legion.......And he's bringin gButch from Miama as DC.  Okay.  That;s three.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 26, 2012, 01:22:42 PM

Also, if you can name me a Rutgers QB during Schiano's tenure without looking it up, I'll give you a cookie. And trust me, you won't find them on NFL.com

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 26, 2012, 01:22:43 PM

What bases do you have that he is bad coach? You people know nothing about him...he is a developer of talent. Defensive minded hard nosed coach...I like the hire. Poise if he can bring I butch as DC
Exactly. Goobers be gone.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 26, 2012, 01:26:42 PM

Also, if you can name me a Rutgers QB during Schiano's tenure without looking it up, I'll give you a cookie. And trust me, you won't find them on NFL.com
I won't answer that question because I live here. What's interesting is that Schiano produced NFL-caliber WRs without necessarily having NFL-caliber QBs. Good on the lines. Good in the secondary. Some pretty good backs. Can't turn chicken bleep into chicken salad, but definitely coaches guys up.

In Verner We Trust

freddy

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 26, 2012, 01:27:18 PM

What a bunch of $hitty fans we have...

I'm sorry. This is a $hitty hire. I'd love to be drinking the Kool-Aid with the rest of you, but this guy is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb being led to slaughter. Here's a college head coach with a mediocre record in a mediocre conference, whose highest NFL job was as an defensive assistant with the Chicago Bears  FOURTEEN YEARS AGO!!!!!

My Lord, what in the world makes you idiots think this is a good hire? Seriously, I honestly don't know how anyone could think this is a good hire. This is a joke.

So because we are willing to at least give the man a chance before we start screaming that the sky is falling we are drinking coo-aid? Come on man, we get it, you and a MINORITY of other fans are totally against the hire. Fine. But lets at least keep it real.

RDUBuc

Rookie

#27 : January 26, 2012, 01:27:26 PM

Come on folks, give the guy a chance.

I have come to realize that a lot of members on this board would have something negative to say no matter who was hired.

There are 31 other teams in the NFL. Go and check them out if you aren't going to support this one.

Congrats Coach!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 26, 2012, 01:27:30 PM

Mike Teel was pretty darn good. I remember him torching USF quite a bit. With that said, they haven't had a good one in a few years but if I remember correctly, I think Teel actually made it to the NFL...not sure if he's still in the league.
: January 26, 2012, 01:29:03 PM Kodiak

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 26, 2012, 01:30:54 PM

The inks not even dry yet at "fans" are already near the point of trying to run the guy out of town just for taking the job.

And they wonder why no big name coach wants to come to Tampa, maybe if the fans weren't such whiners and drama queens the Bucs might be a better option for the "name" coaches.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WTH Are The Glazers Thinking?! Fans Will Revolt! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools