Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WTH Are The Glazers Thinking?! Fans Will Revolt! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 26, 2012, 01:32:16 PM

Also, if you can name me a Rutgers QB during Schiano's tenure without looking it up, I'll give you a cookie. And trust me, you won't find them on NFL.com

Mike Teel was pretty darn good. I remember him torching USF quite a bit. With that said, they haven't had a good one in a few years but if I remember correctly, I think Teel actually made it to the NFL...not sure if he's still in the league.

I commend you and yes Teel made it to the NFL but if you can say Mike Teel was good without laughing out loud, then you sir are amazing. I've watched most of Rutgers games over the years. No QB they have had has been a centerpiece of the offense until they got Savage who now plays at Arizona.

KCBuc

Starter

#31 : January 26, 2012, 01:32:41 PM

Thanks for the 'idiot' thing...classy.   Today...January 26, 2012...none of us can say unequivocably that it is a good or bad hire...it's a hire.   You can evaluate the man, his record, and his style...and make assumptions about how that MIGHT translate to our team, in our situation.    When I try to evaluate people for an opening I have to fill with my company, I seek the opinion of those I trust who have more intimate knowledge of the candidate than I have...so in this instance...if I look to those who might just be in a better position to evaluate Schiano than I am....I see one of the most successful NFL coaches in history saying that this guy is an ideal candidate for NFL success.   Frankly...I'm going to value Belichick's evaluation of Schiano a bit higher than a bunch of knee jerk reactionary so called fans.

You can say it's a bad hire easily. It doesn't matter what someone's personality is if they don't have the experience needed for the job - regardless of what that job may be. This guy has a mediocre record in college. There's nothing that would make anyone looking at this scenario objectively think that he has the skill set needed to be a successful HC in the NFL, especially a team in the desperate condition of this one. Continue drinking the Kool-Aid.

Btw, since when was class a prerequisite of this message board?

champkind

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 26, 2012, 01:35:54 PM

WHY are we having to Google the name of our head coach??

See? This is what I have a problem with. It is 100% YOUR fault that you are that ignorant. Everyone who is up in arms against the guy (and against anyone with an open mind to the hiring) simply has a problem. I am not claiming that this is going to work out, but I certainly am hoping for it to work out more than than I would like to say "I was right, he sucks!"

so many know-it-alls who know nothing around here...

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 26, 2012, 01:38:27 PM

San Francisco did OK with a college coach. I don't expect those kind of results in year #1, there are too many missing pieces, but this is a step in the right direction. We need a coach who commands respect. Any "fan" who wants to jump ship now will live to regret it. 

buchead

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 26, 2012, 01:39:32 PM

Some of you need to take your noses out of the air. Sure the thread title is extreme.
 But just because some fans wanted a more prooven guy to right the ship doesnt mean you guys giving him a "chance" are better fans.
 The franchise just struggled with a 1st time HC. Then they drag out this hiring process and bring in a guy we never heard of, who wasn't on the radar and was mediocre in easily the worst BCS conference. Fans have plenty of reasons to be upset.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 26, 2012, 01:41:26 PM

I honestly don't know much about the guy yet. He's got some time in my book to either win me over or get on my bad side. No judgement or revolting from this buc fan quite yet.

jlr0714

Starter
#36 : January 26, 2012, 01:42:40 PM

IF you have an agenda you can say it's a bad hire.   Or if you are a time traveler and are here visiting from the year 2015.   Otherwise, you're just running your uninformed mouth.   

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 26, 2012, 02:07:13 PM

Also, if you can name me a Rutgers QB during Schiano's tenure without looking it up, I'll give you a cookie. And trust me, you won't find them on NFL.com

Mike Teel was pretty darn good. I remember him torching USF quite a bit. With that said, they haven't had a good one in a few years but if I remember correctly, I think Teel actually made it to the NFL...not sure if he's still in the league.

I commend you and yes Teel made it to the NFL but if you can say Mike Teel was good without laughing out loud, then you sir are amazing. I've watched most of Rutgers games over the years. No QB they have had has been a centerpiece of the offense until they got Savage who now plays at Arizona.

Well I can just speak to the fact that Rutgers is 5-1 against my Bulls and I do remember Teel being pretty good against us. That's why I remember the name.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : January 26, 2012, 02:12:17 PM

The fans are revolting!

They certainly are.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 26, 2012, 02:12:51 PM

The Glazerhouse boys don't give a rats ass Bucs fans. They are positioning themselves for a move to LA. They will claim a deteriating fan base for reason to move. Watch and see.

The only way to prove otherwise to me is if they open the bank accounts in Free Agency to get better players here. If the Bucs stay on this youth/build through the draft then it will be evident.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 26, 2012, 02:20:01 PM

The Glazerhouse boys don't give a rats ass Bucs fans. They are positioning themselves for a move to LA. They will claim a deteriating fan base for reason to move. Watch and see.

The only way to prove otherwise to me is if they open the bank accounts in Free Agency to get better players here. If the Bucs stay on this youth/build through the draft then it will be evident.

Free agency will be crucial to test the waters ahead for the franchise because they seem very choppy currently...

fourd5dswb

Second String

#41 : January 27, 2012, 08:34:27 AM

IF you have an agenda you can say it's a bad hire.   Or if you are a time traveler and are here visiting from the year 2015.   Otherwise, you're just running your uninformed mouth.

I actually do a lot of research before I run my "well informed" mouth. Thank you.

fourd5dswb

Second String

#42 : January 27, 2012, 08:44:35 AM

If the Glazers go out and spend some money in FA it will take away the sting of this hire. But at least this guy has NFL coaching experience and he coached at the "U"!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WTH Are The Glazers Thinking?! Fans Will Revolt! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools