Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are Rutgers fans saying? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

J-Train

Pro Bowler

: January 26, 2012, 02:01:48 PM

Besides being mad that he left a few days short of signing day?

Ive seen comments were they werent too upset and already had someone in mind to replace him. I figured they would be more upset.

Thanks for the sig Java!

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 26, 2012, 02:05:06 PM

They wanna pretend that they aren't upset but I guarantee that they will probably wish he stayed.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 26, 2012, 02:07:07 PM

They wanna pretend that they aren't upset but I guarantee that they will probably wish he stayed.

Yea I mean he did turn that organization around.

Thanks for the sig Java!

NYC Bucs Fan

Starter

#3 : January 26, 2012, 02:13:00 PM

Rutgers fans are crushed....I live in NJ & it's all over the place.  He has really become quite a sports figure around here (& rightfully so).

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 26, 2012, 02:15:28 PM

Rutgers fans are crushed....I live in NJ & it's all over the place.  He has really become quite a sports figure around here (& rightfully so).

This is my impression as well.

He completely turned around that program. No small task.

He passed up ops in Michigan, Miami, and Penn State. Loyal guy that only left for a bigger challenge.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 26, 2012, 03:01:09 PM

Rutgers fans have a "Good Riddance" attitude to him and seem very sarcastic about him leaving.

hbbsm713 posts, "Not going to lie. I think penn state will bounce back from the entire sandusky thing. It might take a few years, but I think their tradition will bring them back. On that same note, I'm genuinely concernced about our future. I felt Schiano was the only guy to take us to the next level. I think him leaving officially will make us a stepping stone program and we will never be more than 7-8 and occasionally a 9 win a season program. Our recruiting class is going to go from a top-25 one to possibly a very bad one."

chopper77us posts, "Went from the ultimate in job security to having absolutely none. Mark my words no way he is successful in the NFL."

RocktheRac posts, "With the owners that the Bucs have he'll be gone in 3 yrs."

Jackal1 posts, "The absloute best organizer/disciplinarian anywhere! He will hold every player and staff member of that team to a far higher standard than they're used to. He can do that because he has a god given ability to lead. He will turn that ship around, how far he can take them will now be they're biggest question...as it once was ours!"

grungy

Second String
#6 : January 26, 2012, 07:41:06 PM

What are Rutger's fans saying? Apparently they are losing their mind.

http://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=152447655&mid=152447655&sid=988&style=2

-ts

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 26, 2012, 07:44:22 PM

"Knows how to run a team."

:)

traew01

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 26, 2012, 07:44:26 PM

You would expect some bitterness...

I am a huge Gator fan, and I was pretty bitter when Spurrier left for the NFL. You feel like these "Face of the program" coaches are just going to be around forever - and when they leave, it is a tough pill to swallow.

grungy

Second String
#9 : January 26, 2012, 07:48:29 PM

I liked this one too.

http://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=152448201&mid=152448201&sid=988&style=2

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 06, 2012, 01:56:59 AM

I had to dig this one up.

After his short time here in Tampa, I can already understand why they would be cheesed. They lost a good one.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#11 : May 06, 2012, 02:55:10 AM

Schiano was a huge Figure here unfortunately like I've mentioned before I'm also a huge RUTGERS fan only live about 10 mins from the main campus..with out coach S ..it really does feel like we're going to be set back some but its time to get over it...and i think most fans are getting used to it...we really hurt in keeping the team discipline and also in recruiting

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#12 : May 06, 2012, 02:58:13 AM

If Rutgers replaced Schiano with Gruden, they would be absolutely thrilled.    In effect, the Bucs have replaced Gruden with Schiano - and that is a downgrade.

bucshot420

Starter

#13 : May 06, 2012, 03:34:47 AM

If Rutgers replaced Schiano with Gruden, they would be absolutely thrilled.    In effect, the Bucs have replaced Gruden with Schiano - and that is a downgrade.

This ain't Rutgers bro!  If it was yes Gruden would be great for initial recruiting, and his program would definitely be a hot topic and a favorite to land many great prospects.  However he doesn't do well with younger players especially QB's as they have trouble digesting his playbook.  As grateful as I am for what he did here, I'm not naive to the fact that his personality would probably cause more problems with his players than help them coming right out of high school.  Look no further than his development of Chris Simms and Grads, as those were his only real drafted prospects while he was here.  Yes Gradkowski is still kicking around the league but by no means is he even a functional starter.  Back to the topic at hand though, Gruden got replaced by Raheem which was a definite downgrade.  However Rah was them replaced by Schiano which is by far a major upgrade, if for no other reason so far than the discipline, attention to detail, and organizational skills that he has brought back to Tampa.

I love that this team is going to have accountability again!  Schiano to me has Dungy's class as well as his very organized and authoritative demeanor, but at the same time has Gruden's passion and fire.  Seems like the perfect combination to me, now like with every coach we just have to see how it translates in the win column.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#14 : May 06, 2012, 05:37:38 AM

Look no further than his development of Chris Simms and Grads

Nobody could have developed those guys any better than Gruden did.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are Rutgers fans saying? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools