Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are Rutgers fans saying? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #30 : May 06, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »

McKay drafted Simms not Allen.  It has also been reported MANY TIMES that Gruden did NOT want Simms and said so very strongly.

Also, jdub, I agree with you most of the time, but I DON'T agree that Gruden couldn't coach young offensive players.  How about Caddy, Joseph, Trueblood, Sears, Penn, etc., etc.  Where you ARE correct is that he wasn't successful coaching young QUARTERBACKS.  However, even then, when did he EVER have a QUALITY young qb to coach?  He never did.  I believe if he HAD, people wouldn't be saying that he couldn't coach young qbs.

It was KIFFIN, not Gruden who didn't like to play young players.  Gruden had many rookie starters on offense while he was here while Kiffin had VERY few.  Kiffin simply didn't like playing young players.

Only one of those is an actual NFL starter.... Gruden wears that Cadillac Williams pick like a huge albatross. He didn't have an eye for young talent at all.

Only one of them is an actual NFL starter?

Two have made the Pro Bowl while one was ROY.

.....just my opinion

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #31 : May 06, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »

I made a thread on a Rutgers forum. Most of them had only positive things to say on Schiano.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #32 : May 06, 2012, 04:41:53 PM »

Ugh, what did I do by bumping this thread!? Gruden wasn't even in the conversation until Java did his normal whiny rambling. I don't care about Gruden, he's old news.

Schiano is the future, and it's looking nice (at least nicer than the previous coach). If Javina doesn't appreciate that, and is simply stuck in the past, why give his words any worth? Dude can't judge anything correctly until he moves on to the real world first.

I wasn't on board with the Schiano pick initially, and was a big Gruden fan(very cheesed when fired). Knowing what I know now, the availability of coaches at the time, and the importance of the selection after Raheem was fired, I'd say Schiano has done as good, if not better job than Gruden did in his first offseason. I seriously doubt Tampa is going to win a SB this year or anything, but If we can't have Gruden back, an unproven Schiano doesn't sound too bad either.

Regardless, the topic was supposed to be about what Rutgers fans are saying. An they are saying they don't like it.

Usually that means you nabbed a good one.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #33 : May 06, 2012, 04:56:20 PM »

Schiano is doing what a good head coach should do. The proof in the pudding will be whether the coordinators he has hired can come up with good game plans and make proper in-game decisions. Dungy had all of the same characteristics that Schiano does but his downfall was that he could never hire a good offensive coordinator.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #34 : May 06, 2012, 07:15:08 PM »

I open a Rutgers thread and I'm reading about Gruden.

You schmucks never learn.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #35 : May 06, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »

We are talking about New Jersey people here . Not exactly the beacon of intelligence. Do we even care what they think ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #36 : May 06, 2012, 07:29:04 PM »

I open a Rutgers thread and I'm reading about Gruden.

You schmucks never learn.

Self righteous censored

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #37 : May 06, 2012, 08:10:18 PM »

Ugh, what did I do by bumping this thread!? Gruden wasn't even in the conversation until Java did his normal whiny rambling. I don't care about Gruden, he's old news.

Some people prefer to view life thru their windshield while Java likes to view it thru his rear view mirror.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #38 : May 06, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »

Some people prefer to view life thru their windshield while Java likes to view it thru his rear view mirror.

I guess that's why Java crashes and burns so often.

I like what Schiano is selling right now. I could care less what Janette types, it's mostly funny imo. And the fact of the matter is, Schiano seems very Gruden-like (with a bigger heart). Some even say a nice combo of Gruden and Dungy is what he is. If that's the case, we're a much better team than we were last season by those factors alone.

Then I might add to that the Bellicheat nod. He gave Schiano high praise as a possible NFL coach. It's not just us fans alone that think he'll make a good coach. One of the highest ranking HC's ever to play the game ok'ed the signing.

I don't know what more people want. Especially if the alternative is Childress, an aged Schott, an overrated Fisher, or Cam Newton's doormat of a OC.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #39 : May 06, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »

couldn't agree more!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #40 : May 06, 2012, 10:52:24 PM »

McKay drafted Simms not Allen.  It has also been reported MANY TIMES that Gruden did NOT want Simms and said so very strongly.

Also, jdub, I agree with you most of the time, but I DON'T agree that Gruden couldn't coach young offensive players.  How about Caddy, Joseph, Trueblood, Sears, Penn, etc., etc.  Where you ARE correct is that he wasn't successful coaching young QUARTERBACKS.  However, even then, when did he EVER have a QUALITY young qb to coach?  He never did.  I believe if he HAD, people wouldn't be saying that he couldn't coach young qbs.

It was KIFFIN, not Gruden who didn't like to play young players.  Gruden had many rookie starters on offense while he was here while Kiffin had VERY few.  Kiffin simply didn't like playing young players.

Only one of those is an actual NFL starter.... Gruden wears that Cadillac Williams pick like a huge albatross. He didn't have an eye for young talent at all.

Only one of them is an actual NFL starter?

Two have made the Pro Bowl while one was ROY.

One actual legitimate NFL Starter out of the whole bunch. One guy had one good year and Turdblood has been abysmal.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #41 : May 07, 2012, 07:23:40 AM »

I wasn't real excited about Schiano at first, but he has already won me over. Plus he has put together a large staff with a lot of NFL experience, which greatly improves his chances of finding success in the NFL. I think everything worked out well. I know I wouldn't be this amped about the upcoming season if we had hired Chip Kelly or Mike Sherman.

MarineBuc

Starter

« #42 : May 07, 2012, 07:26:22 AM »

Here's a story about Schiano during his time at Rutgers:

Dear Board Members,

I don’t know how many of you are Rutgers Football fans or whether any of you found interest in the game last Thursday night, but I wanted to share with all of you a human interest story which has touched us beyond words…
As many of you are aware, my nephew Jason Schaible , who is 20, has been battling Hodgkin’s lymphoma for the past year requiring frequent visits and stays at Robert Wood Johnson hospital and at the New Jersey Cancer Institute in New Brunswick . During one of his chemo treatments back in September one of Jason’s oncology nurses, Karen, mentioned that she would get him tickets to any Rutgers football game he wanted to attend. He chose the Louisville game. Of course at that time neither team was ranked and there was not nearly the level of interest. Jason entered the hospital to undergo a stem sell transplant on November 1st and, because of the prolonged treatment, realized he would not be able to use the tickets to the biggest football game in State history. Jason returned the tickets to Karen, his nurse, who then posted a notice on the Rutgers Alumni web-site telling everyone Jason’s story. The story was brought to the attention of Mr. Mulcahy, the Rutgers Athletic Director, who then called coach Schiano to see if they could get a jersey for Jason. After learning that Jason had returned the tickets and was hospitalized with cancer, coach Schiano, on Thursday…the busiest day in the history of the football program and when everyone wants a piece of the coach, personally went to visit Jason in the hospital. He brought a football signed by all the Rutgers players, a jersey and a hat to give to Jason. More importantly he told Jason that he was more concerned about his health than some football game. They spoke for a half hour about life, its ups and downs, and how fighting for something was just as important as winning. He left Jason with his personal phone number and told him to call him when he was out of the hospital and feeling better. He said he wanted to see Jason when he was healthy so that he could give him a new set of tickets.
The impact that this simple gesture of compassion has had on Jason has been astounding. Coach Schiano will forever have a whole new set of fans ? The Schaibles

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #43 : May 07, 2012, 10:44:34 AM »

Here's a story about Schiano during his time at Rutgers:

Dear Board Members,

I don’t know how many of you are Rutgers Football fans or whether any of you found interest in the game last Thursday night, but I wanted to share with all of you a human interest story which has touched us beyond words…
As many of you are aware, my nephew Jason Schaible , who is 20, has been battling Hodgkin’s lymphoma for the past year requiring frequent visits and stays at Robert Wood Johnson hospital and at the New Jersey Cancer Institute in New Brunswick . During one of his chemo treatments back in September one of Jason’s oncology nurses, Karen, mentioned that she would get him tickets to any Rutgers football game he wanted to attend. He chose the Louisville game. Of course at that time neither team was ranked and there was not nearly the level of interest. Jason entered the hospital to undergo a stem sell transplant on November 1st and, because of the prolonged treatment, realized he would not be able to use the tickets to the biggest football game in State history. Jason returned the tickets to Karen, his nurse, who then posted a notice on the Rutgers Alumni web-site telling everyone Jason’s story. The story was brought to the attention of Mr. Mulcahy, the Rutgers Athletic Director, who then called coach Schiano to see if they could get a jersey for Jason. After learning that Jason had returned the tickets and was hospitalized with cancer, coach Schiano, on Thursday…the busiest day in the history of the football program and when everyone wants a piece of the coach, personally went to visit Jason in the hospital. He brought a football signed by all the Rutgers players, a jersey and a hat to give to Jason. More importantly he told Jason that he was more concerned about his health than some football game. They spoke for a half hour about life, its ups and downs, and how fighting for something was just as important as winning. He left Jason with his personal phone number and told him to call him when he was out of the hospital and feeling better. He said he wanted to see Jason when he was healthy so that he could give him a new set of tickets.
The impact that this simple gesture of compassion has had on Jason has been astounding. Coach Schiano will forever have a whole new set of fans ? The Schaibles
Reading this makes me honestly wonder something, since I wasn't around then......

Did Gruden ever do stuff like this?

No, really, I don't mean to disrespect 'Gru...but ..I can't remember reading him doing anything charitable on that level like that....did he?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #44 : May 07, 2012, 10:54:23 AM »

Did Gruden ever do stuff like this?

No, really, I don't mean to disrespect 'Gru...but ..I can't remember reading him doing anything charitable on that level like that....did he?

They all do that kind of stuff.   Even Raheem did it.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are Rutgers fans saying? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools