Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Ideal OC/DC combination « previous next »
Page: 1 2

All_About_Free

Rookie
: January 27, 2012, 01:43:25 PM

One of the most crucial steps in the future of this regime is going to be hiring the right offensive and defensive coordinators. And the Bucs may have already shot Schiano in the foot by waiting so long to make this hire and letting the applicant pool dry up.  >:(

But I digress.

Who would be your ideal offensive and defensive coordinator hires?

If we could get him I'd love to have Tom Clements on board. He looks on track to replace Philbin as OC for the Packers but maybe a boatload of money would change his mind. I know the Glazers don't spend but they did pay Monte a lot of money to be DC. Maybe they'd do it again if he could get out of his contract. His work with Rodgers and the absolute Porsche of an offense they have up there would be amazing to see.

Maybe this guy Hue Jackson would give us a shot in the arm, too. But I don't know much about him and he is a bit power hungry and that might have led to him getting the boot in Oakland.

As far as DC I've heard the name Butch Davis being floated around and I like it. He has a vast amount of experience at nearly every level and he has done well enough to command the attention of a lot of young NFL players and mesh well with some veterans should they be brought in through FA.

That's who I have in my head.

What about you guys?

Hopefully we don't hire anymore idiots that are fired right before the season again. >:(

: January 27, 2012, 01:48:47 PM sharlin

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 27, 2012, 01:45:01 PM

My ideal combination will be coordinators that will fit in with Coach Schiano's style, philosophy, desires, and approach.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 27, 2012, 01:45:42 PM

Arent there like 40 threads like this allready?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 27, 2012, 01:49:52 PM

arians and davis

All_About_Free

Rookie
#4 : January 27, 2012, 01:51:48 PM

My ideal combination will be coordinators that will fit in with Coach Schiano's style, philosophy, desires, and approach.

That would be a give DTG. I am just asking who you would like given the type of coach we have.

All_About_Free

Rookie
#5 : January 27, 2012, 01:53:16 PM

arians and davis

That doesn't sound half bad. A lot of people compare Ben and Freeman. Maybe Arians would know how to get the best out of Freeman given the similarities.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 27, 2012, 02:01:16 PM

That would be a give DTG. I am just asking who you would like given the type of coach we have.

Whomever Coach Schiano prefers. If you're asking me to name names of current NFL coaches, then I really can't do that, because there's no telling whether or not any of them are compatible with Schiano. My "ideal" choices may not be ideally suited for the program.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 27, 2012, 02:23:19 PM

OC -- Bruce Arians
DC -- Jack Del Rio.
I'm thinking these two with Coach Schiano will insure that there is maximum effort every game. No more "loafing" incidents with these guys in charge. Time for a few of the young players (and maybe some of the older veterans) to grow up, realize this is their job and if you don't cut it, you're gone.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 27, 2012, 02:42:40 PM

arians and davis
That would be my top choice as well.

I don't believe we will end up with a name OC though. More than likely someone he has worked with in the past.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 27, 2012, 02:43:59 PM

I don't believe we will end up with a name OC though. More than likely someone he has worked with in the past.

I think it is very possible that they may end up with two no-name coordinators.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 27, 2012, 02:45:40 PM

Link?

-ts

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 27, 2012, 02:45:54 PM

Very well could.

I atleast believe it is possible Davis comes here, on offense I can't even say that really.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 27, 2012, 02:46:42 PM

Link?

Sorry, can't link you to my cell phone.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#13 : January 27, 2012, 02:46:58 PM

Link?
Why would he need a link for his opinion?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 27, 2012, 02:47:19 PM

Link?

Sorry, can't link you to my cell phone.

I am sure you can read and type.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Ideal OC/DC combination « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools