Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lavonte David « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterPirate54

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: January 28, 2012, 10:59:02 PM

What do you guys think about this guy? In the 2nd? Looks pretty solid to me.

http://youtu.be/CnFkMJ1Rbwg

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 28, 2012, 11:03:56 PM

this isn't going tp be the Dungy/Kiffin defense of yesterday. don't know if he fits the new system. 

chomwom

Practice Squad

#2 : January 28, 2012, 11:05:57 PM

Will we still be running a defense that suits this guy ?

PewterPirate54

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#3 : January 28, 2012, 11:06:39 PM

this isn't going tp be the Dungy/Kiffin defense of yesterday. don't know if he fits the new system.
I have checked out Rutgers defense and Its predicated on speed and quickness and they are physical.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 29, 2012, 01:10:43 AM

David is a beast. He is a undersized guy but he is pretty stout and a coverage beast. Rather go get veteran LBers though.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 29, 2012, 01:32:58 AM

Undersized doesn't mean anything to me anymore.  Just because Hayes is, doesn't mean he's another Hayes.  Black has size and it doesn't help him much.

Too me, it instincts!  Can the guy read the offense, adjust, and get in the hole and make the tackle.

Honestly don't know a lot about this kid, but from this video, he seemed to read well and for the most part, shed blockers and make tackles.  Looks comfortable in coverage too which is needed in this division.  Not sure I'd spend a 2nd on him, but I'll be interested to see how he grades out at the combine and as we get closer to the draft.

I also like Sean Spence from the U if we are looking at undersized LB's.
: January 29, 2012, 01:38:18 AM BTownBucFan

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 29, 2012, 01:54:18 AM

Yeah we are scared by undersized because of Geno... but Brooks was "undersized" as well. I think David in the 2nd would be something I support because something about him says he's better than Geno... oh because he's a damn good tackler and has nice instincts.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lavonte David « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools