Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 19

Chris_BucFan60

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

« : January 29, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »

My opinion is that 5 is wayy to high to take a RB (unless its Adrian peterson) I mean they are expendable they last long. This can work IF Richardson is a SUPERSTAR. BUT the bucs will have to make a HUGE splash in FA they would need to bring in brent Grimes loved to get that guy. And I say we get hightower in the 2nd. THOUGHTS?

The very likely solution is Alabama stud running back Trent Richardson, says Tampa Tribune scribe Woody Cummings. In fact, Cummings is so set in his belief the Bucs will draft Richardson that yesterday he told WDAE-AM 620 host Darek Sharp that he’s “90 percent” certain the Bucs draft him with the No. 5 overall pick.

Cummings expounded and said the Bucs will make splash plays in free agency on the defensive side of the ball and look for Baylor WR Kendall Wright, if he’s available in the second round.

These are bold words from Cummings — in January. Joe appreciates Cummings having the testicular fortitude to get on the record early with a draft call.

As for Richardson, if the Bucs are going to draft a running back that early, they better be damn sure the guy is a superstar by his second year. You’ve wasted the No. 5 pick if he’s not; good running backs are too easy to find in later rounds. That written, Blount and Richardson in the Bucs backfield will bring the competition at the position that Schiano covets. But the Bucs better have an offensive coordinator a heck of a lot better than Greg Olson to figure out how to use those two.

On defense,Bucs will dive into free agency.

http://youtu.be/abk3HgvwEeI
« : January 29, 2012, 04:56:15 PM MVCBucFan60 »

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 29, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »

Too early to make predictions like this. Especially with the top 5 getting changed around a but on draft day.
« : January 29, 2012, 04:58:43 PM freeman 5 »

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

« #2 : January 29, 2012, 04:57:19 PM »

Too early to make predictions like this. Especially with the top 5 getting ovals getting changed around a but in draft day.
Roy Cummings is the one calling it.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 29, 2012, 04:57:34 PM »

I think there will be a lot of buzz about us taking Richardson as we lead to the draft but I think it will be a smokescreen.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 29, 2012, 04:59:16 PM »

I think there will be a lot of buzz about us taking Richardson as we lead to the draft but I think it will be a smokescreen.
Agreed. I still think the pick wi be either Claiborne or Blackmon.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 29, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »

Way too early.  Rb is terrible value when we can get somebody with possible similar production later in the draft. Also shelf life is too short for rbs to take in top 5. We need to make this pick count.

sharp2325

Starter

« #6 : January 29, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »

I wouldn't be crushed if we drafted Richardson but there are quite a few good backs in this draft that could be gotten in the 2 thru 4th rounds.

Chris_BucFan60

Pro Bowler

« #7 : January 29, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »

Very tue. Could you imagine tho Richardson and Blount in the same backfeild? lol It could work If we go defense in second round and in FA tho. But they better be damn sure he is going to be a STUD!

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #8 : January 29, 2012, 05:07:52 PM »

Agreed. I still think the pick will be either Claiborne or Blackmon.

Me too. Plus free agency is a month before the draft. I think people need to keep that in mind also.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #9 : January 29, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »

Way too early.  Rb is terrible value when we can get somebody with possible similar production later in the draft. Also shelf life is too short for rbs to take in top 5. We need to make this pick count.

+1 Claiborne could be our starting CB for the next 8-10 years whereas Richardson could very well be replaced in 4-5 years.
« : January 29, 2012, 05:10:44 PM bucfan26 »

Jonbuc

Second String

« #10 : January 29, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »

Caddy all over again...although it would **CENSORED**e up the offense a bit.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 29, 2012, 05:55:45 PM »

Agreed. I still think the pick will be either Claiborne or Blackmon.

Me too. Plus free agency is a month before the draft. I think people need to keep that in mind also.
Exactly. I think whichever position we take care of in FA of CB or WR we'll draft the other with our first pick. Hence Blackmon or Claiborne.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 29, 2012, 05:57:38 PM »

I find it comical when people suggest how easy it is to find good RBs in the latter rounds.... when we haven't had a legit every down back since Warrick Dunn.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 29, 2012, 05:59:32 PM »

Too early to make predictions like this. Especially with the top 5 getting ovals getting changed around a but in draft day.
Roy Cummings is the one calling it.
So is Hate.  Be confident the bucs will draft someone else.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 29, 2012, 06:00:34 PM »

We should be able to find another back in rd 2-3 who could very well have Richardson type production.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools