Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#270 : February 01, 2012, 10:09:33 AM

I don't think you  people understand. Trent Richardson and Legarratte Blount. All of our opponents in the NFC South are mainly passing offenses. With a strong of a rushing game as LGB and TRich we can counteract that with a ball control offense and controlling the tempo of the game. Idc how many corners we have we aint gonna be able to stop these offenses with a MO claibourne. We can keep them off the field and beat their team and their Defenses (which none of them are great at stopping the run) to **CENSORED**. Idc whose on the oline, good runners make your oline look good. Who's on the Minn line? Jax? Hou? Den? Exactly who cares all good runners need is a crease and they could make something out of it. How did we beat no and ATL those first games? O yea a strong running game and controlled the tempo and played good D. If we spend some money on a LB, CB in fa. Well be alright on Defense good enough to contend in this division. A stud is a Stud and Trich and legarrate would be almost unstoppable together. Freeman on the pa once the D cheats up and go with 3 wr, mix in a screen with these rbs every now and then.  Our offense would be pretty hard to deal with. If you have to great players you find a way to use them both and Im sure you can find a way to use both of these beast of a rb. I'll guarantee it right now if we draft Trich we will have 2 1,000 yard rushers next year (barring injury).
we are not going to be good enough on Offense alone to compete for our division title.  you are right.  a very good Defense combined with a fairly balanced offensive attack which leans toward the running game is our only hope.  But a Richardson/Blount combo with Freeman at QB sets one side of the ball.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#271 : February 01, 2012, 10:12:43 AM

we are not going to be good enough on Offense alone to compete for our division title.  you are right.  a very good Defense combined with a fairly balanced offensive attack which leans toward the running game is our only hope.  But a Richardson/Blount combo with Freeman at QB sets one side of the ball.

My take here i if you are trying to cover up Freeman then the problem isn't your RB it is your QB and we need to fix that then.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#272 : February 01, 2012, 10:14:25 AM

It's alot easier to find a cb in the later rounds.
Than a running back?  That's *really* debateable.  I could play the same games going through and looking at where the various playoff teams drafted their running backs as you did with their secondaries.  (Hint: the results would not involve top 5 picks spent on running backs.)  And yes, if we sign a free agent cornerback (which I would heartily support), I agree that that would take quite a bit of the pressure off the team to draft a corner.  If you rate Claiborne and Richardson as comparablely valued prospects, it'd still be perfectly reasonable for them to go ahead and draft Claiborne there.  Talib can't be trusted to be around, and was frankly overrated in the first place.  And Ronde, he'll always be one of my favorite Bucs, but he did NOT play well this year.  And there's not much reason to think that if he didn't retire, he'd improve next year.  We could, in truth, use two new corners.  But yes, it would be less of an absolute no-brainer.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#273 : February 01, 2012, 10:19:58 AM

I don't think you  people understand. Trent Richardson and Legarratte Blount. All of our opponents in the NFC South are mainly passing offenses. With a strong of a rushing game as LGB and TRich we can counteract that with a ball control offense and controlling the tempo of the game. Idc how many corners we have we aint gonna be able to stop these offenses with a MO claibourne. We can keep them off the field and beat their team and their Defenses (which none of them are great at stopping the run) to **CENSORED**. Idc whose on the oline, good runners make your oline look good. Who's on the Minn line? Jax? Hou? Den? Exactly who cares all good runners need is a crease and they could make something out of it. How did we beat no and ATL those first games? O yea a strong running game and controlled the tempo and played good D. If we spend some money on a LB, CB in fa. Well be alright on Defense good enough to contend in this division. A stud is a Stud and Trich and legarrate would be almost unstoppable together. Freeman on the pa once the D cheats up and go with 3 wr, mix in a screen with these rbs every now and then.  Our offense would be pretty hard to deal with. If you have to great players you find a way to use them both and Im sure you can find a way to use both of these beast of a rb. I'll guarantee it right now if we draft Trich we will have 2 1,000 yard rushers next year (barring injury).
Thank You. That's all I am saying if we could add some pieces to our Defense and Add a dynamic weapon to our offense and specialize in one thing we can compete within our division and can counterbalance those high powered passing attacks in our D. Dline is more important then CB play. We our in the process of having a dynamic pass rush attack. If we can get Trich and LGB both in sync it will add a whole other dynamic to our team not just the offense but it will help the D too. More then a  1st round CB would.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#274 : February 01, 2012, 10:23:36 AM

My take here i if you are trying to cover up Freeman then the problem isn't your RB it is your QB and we need to fix that then.
they can't all be elite.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#275 : February 01, 2012, 10:25:22 AM

Thank You. That's all I am saying if we could add some pieces to our Defense and Add a dynamic weapon to our offense and specialize in one thing we can compete within our division and can counterbalance those high powered passing attacks in our D. Dline is more important then CB play. We our in the process of having a dynamic pass rush attack. If we can get Trich and LGB both in sync it will add a whole other dynamic to our team not just the offense but it will help the D too. More then a  1st round CB would.
Isn't that what the Falcons do? They pound Turner into every bad-to-mediocre team on the schedule and win a bunch of close games, then they get into the playoffs and an elite quarterback shreds their defense and they don't have the firepower to catch up.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#276 : February 01, 2012, 10:28:40 AM

My take is your not gonna outgun the Falcons, Saints, Panthers every game. Your not going to cover those teams and expect to beat them.Freeman probably isn't going to be a 5000 yard passer and 40 toundowns per year guy. We don't have the personnel to do that and is that really the best option.  Our front four can only help the Cb's. The best way to counter attack those top 10 offenses is to not play their game. Control the ball and limit their possesions.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#277 : February 01, 2012, 10:33:17 AM

I think Richardson would be embraced more openly if the Bucs were picking outside the top ten where the talent at CB, WR, OT, DE is not as good.  At that point, you start to be more attracted to non premium positions like LB, S, TE, OG, and RB.

Not only are the Bucs picking in the top ten, but in the upper half of it.  To me, passing on a CB or potential LT for a RB is something hard to accept. 

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#278 : February 01, 2012, 10:39:01 AM

There is no getting through to anyone on this board. Why does " WE HAVE A CRAPPY OL THAT DOESNT OPEN HOLES" always seem to be forgotten by everyone? The Bucs need to INVEST in our OL before we should invest in a RB. Besides Blount is a good runningback. You fix the fumbles and the guy is fine. Just find a 3DRB and be done with it. We were in this situation 7 years ago with drafting a runningback. PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY.

I'm not sure I understand your "man-crush" on Blount. I don't care how many people you leap over, if you fumble the ball, you can't play running back. Period. If "fixing the fumbles" was as easy as you make it out to be, it wouldn't be an issue. Tiki Barber did it, but he actually had a reputation for caring about his craft, and working hard. That's not exactly the reputation going around about Blount, is it?

Our offensive line was nothing to brag about, but I'd write home about them LONG BEFORE I would mention our stable of running backs last year. That was easily the WORST group of RB's in the entire league! If you don't think they whole unit needs to be upgraded, "There is no getting through to" you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#279 : February 01, 2012, 10:41:07 AM

Isn't that what the Falcons do? They pound Turner into every bad-to-mediocre team on the schedule and win a bunch of close games, then they get into the playoffs and an elite quarterback shreds their defense and they don't have the firepower to catch up.
to a degree but you got to make the playoffs first then anything can happen.  at least in theory.  still beats going 4-12.  but the plan would to actually be better than the Falcons on Defense.  Our M.O. should be the Raven's template.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#280 : February 01, 2012, 10:43:45 AM

I like the Ravens. Their RB was the #55 pick in the draft.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#281 : February 01, 2012, 10:51:43 AM

I'm really not strongly advocating taking TR at #5.  just playing devil's advocate because 1) I do see RB being a significant need and 2) i lean toward a BPA draft strategy.  there are worse things in the world than taking a RB that should be a perennial all pro. I've been disappointed by too many other picks in the past to knock it.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#282 : February 01, 2012, 02:20:28 PM

And I like the Patriots. Their QB was the 199th pick in 2000.

Point is, regardless of position draft good players.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#283 : February 01, 2012, 03:34:31 PM

And I like the Patriots. Their QB was the 199th pick in 2000.

Point is, regardless of position draft good players.

I can't help but think the Pats got Lucky with Tom Brady. I mean, I can't recall anyone saying they were grooming him to be the Franchise QB. Matter fact, if Bledsoe never gets his chest torn off, Brady may still be just another QB drafted in the 6th round.  I recall players in the Pats locker room who weren't sold on Brady, even after he had led them to the Playoffs. Some still wanted Bledsoe.

Pats got damn Lucky, IMO.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#284 : February 01, 2012, 06:16:33 PM

I love all the hate for Freeman and Blount. How are there so many complete morons in our fan base? Florida school system?

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 ... 17 18 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools