Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 29, 2012, 07:54:24 PM

Truth is Doug Martin is every bit as strong as Trent

I'm almost positive that's not the "truth."

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 29, 2012, 07:59:07 PM

Only thing bigger about Trent is the hype.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 29, 2012, 07:59:37 PM

We should be able to find another back in rd 2-3 who could very well have Richardson type production.

And just who exactly? I could see Doug Martin, but he may have make himself a first rounder as well. I like Martin a lot, but Richardson is a way more physical and just beastly player. This offense needs help, and just because teams have found great all around RB's in later rounds doesn't mean you pass on one when he is exactly what the team needs.
We don't know who right now, but we know someone drafted in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round is going to be close to as good as Richardson, assuming Richardson is actually the real deal. Let's say Richardson really is the next Adrian Peterson. Are you really a lesser team if you have Frank Gore, Lesean McCoy, Michael Turner, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, or some other RB who is close to as good as Peterson, but not quite as good? I don't think so.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 29, 2012, 08:01:53 PM

I don't get how Trent is so much more physical and "beastly" when he is only 1 1/2 inches taller and 5lbs bigger than Martin. Truth is Doug Martin is every bit as strong as Trent and he runs just as hard. I'm know a lot of people will disagree with that, but watch their highlight videos side by side with an unbiased eye and it's pretty clear...there is not much of a difference between these two guys. Trent might have more top end speed.

I'll be happy with either, but Doug in the 2nd seems like it makes much more sense. Of course if Doug goes later in the first then we'd miss out on both. We need to make sure we get Jason Snelling and/or Mike Tplbert in Free Agency so we don't end up being screwed.

Trent benches almost 500lbs, he's a physical freak.  Are you a Boise St. Fan by any chance?

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#34 : January 29, 2012, 08:02:45 PM

I don't get how Trent is so much more physical and "beastly" when he is only 1 1/2 inches taller and 5lbs bigger than Martin. Truth is Doug Martin is every bit as strong as Trent and he runs just as hard.

I don't really hear anyone calling Martin a "Beast." Or benching 460lbs.

I know, I know, I know.... "There ain't no bench presses on a football field." But this is simply to combat the "strength" argument. The fact that put up the rushing numbers that he did in the SEC should prove that he is a FOOTBALL PLAYER first, and not just a workout warrior.

buc-clone

Rookie

#35 : January 29, 2012, 08:03:53 PM

We should draft for need and make the safe pick, it has served us so well... You guys hating on Richardson are DB's like Claiborne. Claiborn got smoked by Richardson around the edge in the TD run in the BCS game.

I'm "hating" as you call it on Richardson and I wouldn't take Claiborne either. If you want a better run game, build a better O-Line. Reiff!

Drop dead Fred, how do we even know our oline is bad? We had the least amount of carries in the whole league and still averaged 4.2 a carry and that was being down big in most games. In the few games the defense didn't give up the booty we ran at a 5.0 clip. Imagine being an olineman and having to block when you're down 14 and the d-line is pinning it's ears back. O-line gets a bit of a pass, although Im not opposed to upgrades but a left tackle is not needed

freddy

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 29, 2012, 08:03:54 PM

We should be able to find another back in rd 2-3 who could very well have Richardson type production.

And just who exactly? I could see Doug Martin, but he may have make himself a first rounder as well. I like Martin a lot, but Richardson is a way more physical and just beastly player. This offense needs help, and just because teams have found great all around RB's in later rounds doesn't mean you pass on one when he is exactly what the team needs.
We don't know who right now, but we know someone drafted in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round is going to be close to as good as Richardson, assuming Richardson is actually the real deal. Let's say Richardson really is the next Adrian Peterson. Are you really a lesser team if you have Frank Gore, Lesean McCoy, Michael Turner, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, or some other RB who is close to as good as Peterson, but not quite as good? I don't think so.

Especially if the O-Line is turned into a team strength, then the merely good or very good RB can put up stats like the great RB's. Please pass on Richardson.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 29, 2012, 08:04:53 PM

I don't get how Trent is so much more physical and "beastly" when he is only 1 1/2 inches taller and 5lbs bigger than Martin. Truth is Doug Martin is every bit as strong as Trent and he runs just as hard. I'm know a lot of people will disagree with that, but watch their highlight videos side by side with an unbiased eye and it's pretty clear...there is not much of a difference between these two guys. Trent might have more top end speed.

I'll be happy with either, but Doug in the 2nd seems like it makes much more sense. Of course if Doug goes later in the first then we'd miss out on both. We need to make sure we get Jason Snelling and/or Mike Tplbert in Free Agency so we don't end up being screwed.

Trent benches almost 500lbs, he's a physical freak.  Are you a Boise St. Fan by any chance?

Nope. And upper body strength is the most important part of being a great running back. Ask Michael Pittman.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 29, 2012, 08:10:31 PM

We should draft for need and make the safe pick, it has served us so well... You guys hating on Richardson are DB's like Claiborne. Claiborn got smoked by Richardson around the edge in the TD run in the BCS game.

I'm "hating" as you call it on Richardson and I wouldn't take Claiborne either. If you want a better run game, build a better O-Line. Reiff!

Drop dead Fred, how do we even know our oline is bad? We had the least amount of carries in the whole league and still averaged 4.2 a carry and that was being down big in most games. In the few games the defense didn't give up the booty we ran at a 5.0 clip. Imagine being an olineman and having to block when you're down 14 and the d-line is pinning it's ears back. O-line gets a bit of a pass, although Im not opposed to upgrades but a left tackle is not needed

Drop dead? What, am I not entitled to an opinion? Come on bro, you're better than that.

As for the O-Line "not being bad", I'll let the others answer that one for you. But let me ask you back, using your own numbers. How do you know that it was the O-Line that provided the 4.2 average and not a great RB making the yards even though he is consistently hit behind the line of scrimmage?

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 29, 2012, 08:11:42 PM

Nope. And upper body strength is the most important part of being a great running back. Ask Michael Pittman.

Simply replying to the Martin is as strong as Richardson comment. I'm not for taking a RB at 5, Martin is. Nice NFL prospect but he is not in the same league as Richardson and will probably be there in the third round.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#40 : January 29, 2012, 08:13:02 PM

Doug Martins stat line vs. Georgia (SEC Opponent) 24 Carries, 57 yards, 1 TD.

/End Discussion

Jonbuc

Second String

#41 : January 29, 2012, 08:14:47 PM

Can we PLEASE stop with the Cadillac = Richardson comparisons.... PLEASE.

Just because they both will be the the 5th pick in the draft, doesn't make them even. Cadillac was the 3rd BEST RB IN HIS DRAFT CLASS. You would have to compare Cadillac to who ever the 3RD BEST RB is in this draft class.

Mock drafts before free agency is about as useful as saying a coach is going to fail before he has his first practice.
While I agree with you about the mock drafts...I think the Caddy comparison is somewhat fair. It's an awfully high pick for a rb...and I'd also argue that Caddy has had a similar career to the other two success-wise granted they are at the end of the line. Lastly...all three have been a bit disappointing at times given their draft status therefore supporting my point that picking a rb that high has proven risky the last 10 years or so. Heck...I thought Alabama's other rb played just as well as Richardson in the BCS title game ( his long run for a td untouched notwithstanding).
: January 29, 2012, 08:16:42 PM Jonbuc

freddy

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 29, 2012, 08:15:50 PM

Doug Martins stat line vs. Georgia (SEC Opponent) 24 Carries, 57 yards, 1 TD.

/End Discussion

Richardson vs Kent State (far weaker than Georgia) -  13 rushes 37 yards

buc-clone

Rookie

#43 : January 29, 2012, 08:18:16 PM

JDub, dude is stronger in the legs. As a heterosexual male, I'm not going to think twice about asking you to look at his bottom half!
: January 29, 2012, 08:20:44 PM buc-clone

buc-clone

Rookie

#44 : January 29, 2012, 08:21:31 PM

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools