Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano's first interview with DumbDog « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : January 30, 2012, 07:52:23 AM

How does Schiano have 9 minutes to give Duimig. He needs to be on the phone with the new coaches that   we   are   WAITING for.

Big Ego Dumbdog was eating it up that he got the interview. But I think it has to do w/ Dominik trying to improve community relations - and WDAE is the flagship.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 30, 2012, 07:54:10 AM

That's one strike against Schiano.   One thing I liked about Gruden is he knew who deserved to be treated with respect and who didn't.   Gruden did not show Duimig respect and would not go on his show.    He'd go on Brantley's show, but not Duimig's.   For Schiano to show Duimig respect is a big check against him.  Maybe he's not a very good judge of character.   But he's new in town, hopefully he will learn.

I didn't like that either - but evidently, Duimig's opinion counts in this city. If Schiano fails, Duimig will be telling his audience that he wanted Rich Bisaccia hired instead.
: January 30, 2012, 07:56:09 AM morgan

bucs63

Starter

#32 : January 30, 2012, 08:17:37 AM

How does Schiano have 9 minutes to give Duimig. He needs to be on the phone with the new coaches that   we   are   WAITING for.

Big Ego Dumbdog was eating it up that he got the interview. But I think it has to do w/ Dominik trying to improve community relations - and WDAE is the flagship.
Yeah, I get it. I was being tongue in cheek absurdly critical. But the guy is new and he should use the media, at least until he finds out who's a **CENSORED** and who isn't.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 30, 2012, 11:16:13 AM

That's one strike against Schiano.   One thing I liked about Gruden is he knew who deserved to be treated with respect and who didn't.   Gruden did not show Duimig respect and would not go on his show.    He'd go on Brantley's show, but not Duimig's.   For Schiano to show Duimig respect is a big check against him.  Maybe he's not a very good judge of character.   But he's new in town, hopefully he will learn.

Let me make sure I get this straight...

You're saying that because Schiano showed a local media guy respect (that you, I, and many others don't like or respect), and that's a black mark against him...?  Really?

Do you really expect a guy that's NOT familiar with the local sportscasters to have a hard-on for a radio jockey that he's never met, much less alienate him needlessly...?

Ever heard of "Keep your friends closer, and your enemies closer"...?  Don't you think one of The Bucs PR people might have given Schiano a little insight to the effect of "Hey...   DUI-mig is a knucklehead, but it is our flagship station..."

Yeah, I can hear Schiano now:  "Don't worry about it...  I can handle "the big dog"..."

Would you rather Schiano avoid ANY line of questioning DUI-mig might come up with...  OR...  Face the idiot (and his idiotic musings) and offer up listeners his plan, insight, and intentions moving forward...?

Personally, I'd respect the later of the two...

It's "that", or Schiano has to adopt an attitude of "Hey, I'd like to appear with you on the radio, but it's my understanding that the HC (from a decade ago) didn't like you, and since I'm not man enough to make up my own mind, I'm going to go with the opinion of the founder of the FFCOF..."

I call BS Java...  You'd actually respect Schiano more if he'd act like a "small furry cat-like creature"...........?

Wellcome to Pussville...  Population YOU.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 30, 2012, 11:25:22 AM

You took Java's tongue-in-cheek comment to the hilt, didn't you?

But I do like your comment about keeping your enemies closer. Just makes it tough when it feeds the ego of DUI-dog.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 30, 2012, 12:03:06 PM

You took Java's tongue-in-cheek comment to the hilt, didn't you?

But I do like your comment about keeping your enemies closer. Just makes it tough when it feeds the ego of DUI-dog.

Yeah...  That was the point I typed "I call BS"...  It DID seem like another "Java Troll Job".

And for DUImig's ego...  What better way to shut the idiot up than by simply winning?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 30, 2012, 12:11:50 PM

welcome back on the boards, btw- noticed that you hadn't been posting for awhile - thought you must have gotten fed up with it all and left.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 30, 2012, 12:28:25 PM

It DID seem like another "Java Troll Job".

Agreed:

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 30, 2012, 12:31:31 PM

welcome back on the boards, btw- noticed that you hadn't been posting for awhile - thought you must have gotten fed up with it all and left.

Thanks Morg...

The Bucs are NEVER far from my heart, but honestly - I was so bored with the crap product that The Bucs trotted out on the field every week that I actually PLANNED something during the Bucs final game of the year.  First time since the teams inception that I couldn't sell my wife on the idea that a day at RJS would be fun - win, lose, or draw.

That, right there in bold, is the exact reason the Glazer boys were forced to replace the excuse for a HC that was force-fed to us.

Us fans that harken back to the '70's lost interest in the way the kids ran the franchise since XXXVII.

Bryan and Joel know they have to put a competently coached team on the turf, IF they are to have any hope of realizing the profits that Malcom once did.

And...  FWIW...  I will NOT be spending any Bucs bucks until I see this franchise is being run like a professional football team...!

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 30, 2012, 12:36:07 PM

It DID seem like another "Java Troll Job".

Agreed:

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

Vinny...  I know you think Java's nothing but a troll, but...  Not me.

Jaded...?  Old school...?  $#!t disturber...?  Sure - I'll buy ALL of those, but say what you like - Java knows his Bucs football.

Knotted and twisted in the anal hair of Gruden's pink eye...?   Sure...  but a Bucs fan nonetheless.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 30, 2012, 06:29:59 PM

I will NOT be spending any Bucs bucks until I see this franchise is being run like a professional football team...!

We'll know by March/April once free agency starts.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 30, 2012, 06:43:57 PM

It is exceptionally embarrassing to see the 3rd grade-level name teasing.

It's just not becoming of a respectable person, or respectable discussion.

Keep up the good work of trivializing your comments.

(To all that cannot spell his name, or like to call him names)

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 30, 2012, 06:54:07 PM

You must a fan of his.

BTW, don't like it, don't visit the thread.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 30, 2012, 07:01:19 PM

Vinny...  I know you think Java's nothing but a troll, but...  Not me.

Jaded...?  Old school...?  $#!t disturber...?  Sure - I'll buy ALL of those, but say what you like - Java knows his Bucs football.

Knotted and twisted in the anal hair of Gruden's pink eye...?   Sure...  but a Bucs fan nonetheless.

LMAO.....perhaps a lil too graphic, but the truth is the truth.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 30, 2012, 07:06:06 PM

Thanks Morg...

The Bucs are NEVER far from my heart, but honestly - I was so bored with the crap product that The Bucs trotted out on the field every week that I actually PLANNED something during the Bucs final game of the year.  First time since the teams inception that I couldn't sell my wife on the idea that a day at RJS would be fun - win, lose, or draw.

That, right there in bold, is the exact reason the Glazer boys were forced to replace the excuse for a HC that was force-fed to us.

Us fans that harken back to the '70's lost interest in the way the kids ran the franchise since XXXVII.

Bryan and Joel know they have to put a competently coached team on the turf, IF they are to have any hope of realizing the profits that Malcom once did.

And...  FWIW...  I will NOT be spending any Bucs bucks until I see this franchise is being run like a professional football team...!
I'd make it fun even if we sucked eggs. :D *WINK WINK*

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano's first interview with DumbDog « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools