Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Disturbing read from Walterfootball.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 30, 2012, 08:00:13 AM

Opinions, these are all opinions and many Tampa writers, ex-players and members of this board are in a "the sky is falling" mind set. It's so boring.
you don't lose 10 games in a row for no reason.  just because you don't want to acknowledge the problems doesn't mean they don't exist.  oh wait.  I forgot.  It's all Greg Olson's fault.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 30, 2012, 08:04:23 AM

This article is a perfect example why I am criticial of the media. It is one-side and not fair. They failed to talk about the moral of players. How are you except guys to work real hard with a coaching staff like we had. Blount was a starting RB and averaged say 10 carries a game. Time and time again he was abandoned from the game plan early. Williams had a QB who only wanted to throw five to ten yards at a time and the play calling was very predictable. The moral on the entire squad was shot. Also, I like Freeman but the decisions he made on the field makes me question his work ethic, or he was studying incorrectly.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 30, 2012, 08:06:38 AM

This article is a perfect example why I am criticial of the media. It is one-side and not fair. They failed to talk about the moral of players. How are you except guys to work real hard with a coaching staff like we had. Blount was a starting RB and averaged say 10 carries a game. Time and time again he was abandoned from the game plan early. Williams had a QB who only wanted to throw five to ten yards at a time and the play calling was very predictable. The moral on the entire squad was shot. Also, I like Freeman but the decisions he made on the field makes me question his work ethic, or he was studying incorrectly.

Wait, what? You are saying that it is ok that when things get tough guys can quit? This isn't a media problem, this is a you problem.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 30, 2012, 08:09:36 AM

Wait, what? You are saying that it is ok that when things get tough guys can quit? This isn't a media problem, this is a you problem.
This is a homer attitude as well.  Anyone that thinks Blount is an all-pro back is highly mistaken.  They always blame it on Olsen for not utilizing one of the greatest RB in Buc history.  The funny thing is they used undrafted rookies to fulfill the 3rd down position.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 30, 2012, 08:11:57 AM

we are arguably the worst team in the league but every Buc fan wants to believe we have a legit franchise QB, a legit #1 WR, a legit 1st string RB, blah, blah, blah.  like i said.  its all Greg Olson's fault.  Oh, and since the consensus is that we don't like Trueblood or Faine either we can blame them too.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 30, 2012, 08:13:00 AM

Why is it so hard for people to accept that the players themselves were at least partially to blame for last season's collapse? Why is it that Josh Freeman, Greg Olson, and Raheem Morris are fair game, but bad mouth anyone else and it's the writers just being unfair or untruthful?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 30, 2012, 08:15:19 AM

Anyone that thinks Blount is an all-pro back is highly mistaken. 

Not really. If Blount would of consistently gotten the ball only maybe Forte , Gore, and Lynch are better backs in the NFC.

Blount is a monster. He could be a more complete player, but to deny his potential you are mistaken.

This guy...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 30, 2012, 08:17:52 AM

we are arguably the worst team in the league but every Buc fan wants to believe we have a legit franchise QB, a legit #1 WR, a legit 1st string RB, blah, blah, blah.  like i said.  its all Greg Olson's fault.  Oh, and since the consensus is that we don't like Trueblood or Faine either we can blame them too.

You don't go 4-2 beating the Saints and Falcons and be one of the worst teams. We played like it but there is a **CENSORED**load of talent on the Bucs.

Also 23 year old QB's dont lead you to a 10-6 record when they aren't your franchise. Freeman had a bad year but he'll rebound.

This guy...

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 30, 2012, 08:19:48 AM

Something tells me there will be a different approach by the players this season....they are officially on notice.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 30, 2012, 08:23:46 AM

we beat the Saints and Packers in 2009.  We were one of the three worst teams in the NFL without a doubt.  winning a game or two despite who it is doesn't mean crap.  things like that happen all the time.  Hell the Browns beat the Patriots in 2010.  Blew them out.  Does that mean they were a good team?  this team is seriously lacking in talent.  I'd say only 1/3 of the roster is legit.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#25 : January 30, 2012, 08:28:58 AM

You think he looks like Jon Favreau?

I was thinking he looks like Richard Kind from the Charlie Waffles episode of two and a half men.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 30, 2012, 08:35:09 AM

I hope Schiano can beat them to sense with a stick wrapped in wires and nails.
: January 30, 2012, 08:44:07 AM BFT+C

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 30, 2012, 08:39:43 AM

we beat the Saints and Packers in 2009.  We were one of the three worst teams in the NFL without a doubt.  winning a game or two despite who it is doesn't mean crap.  things like that happen all the time.  Hell the Browns beat the Patriots in 2010.  Blew them out.  Does that mean they were a good team?  this team is seriously lacking in talent.  I'd say only 1/3 of the roster is legit.

Think the collapse had much more to do with coaching. We fielded the same team that went 10-6 and then proceeded to win again early in the season. Once the team lost confidence in London it was a snowball effect of bad coaching, injuries, and overall chemistry.

It wasn't like in 09 when we won those 2 games randommly. We started the season out a good team, and stopped playing by the end of the season..

This guy...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 30, 2012, 08:44:01 AM

I'd cut Williams now.  If you have to work that hard at getting this guy to focus, he's completely undependable from year to year.  Cut bait now and move on.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 30, 2012, 08:51:11 AM

I disagree we started the season out good.  we played like crap against the Vikings(a horrible team in their own right) and they lost that game more than we won it.  We barely beat the Colts (a horrible team).  we barely beat the Falcons, a divisional rival who started out the season playing poorly.  we beat the Saints, a divisional rival.  that kind of stuff happens all the time.  hell, the year we won the super bowl and went 12-4 we lost to the Saints twice.   sure coaching was a big problem.  probably the biggest.  but the talent level  was a significant factor.  and both of those factors probably played a part in both Blount and Williams not taking their jobs seriously.  ie: the coaching staff allowed it or didn't crack down on them and we didn't have the depth to bench them. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Disturbing read from Walterfootball.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools