Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Disturbing read from Walterfootball.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : January 30, 2012, 08:53:23 AM

we beat the Saints

In not sure if that win should even count.   How many times in NFL history has the head coach had to leave the game in the first quarter due to an injury?
: January 30, 2012, 08:55:29 AM JavaRay

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 30, 2012, 08:53:56 AM

I'd cut Williams now.  If you have to work that hard at getting this guy to focus, he's completely undependable from year to year.  Cut bait now and move on.
I'm fine with the new staff setting the expectations and if they fail to live up to them then cut them.  I wouldn't give them much leeway however.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 30, 2012, 08:54:05 AM

Starting with TC last year, you could see Clayborn  , and by extension Penn, was working so much harder than anyone else on the team that it stood out by stark comparison.  The other two people who stood out was Preston Parker.  I had to look up his name because he was working so much harder than the other WRs that I wanted to know who he was.Same with Dez Briscoe.  What else was notable in my memory was the large number ( to me ) of injured players standing around in a variety of boots, cruches, etc.  I thought OMG it looks like a third of the team was injured before the season even began.  Luke Stocker, Brian Price, et al.  with Winslow being handled lightly was a sight to behold.  That led me to notice how many free agents and 7th round players were on the team. 

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 30, 2012, 09:12:17 AM

Anyone that thinks Blount is an all-pro back is highly mistaken. 

Not really. If Blount would of consistently gotten the ball only maybe Forte , Gore, and Lynch are better backs in the NFC.

Blount is a monster. He could be a more complete player, but to deny his potential you are mistaken.
lol yea ok.  Here is a list in the NFC alone that are better than Blount:
Darren Sproles
Pierre Thomas
Michael Turner
De. Williams
Jonathon Stewart
Matt Forte
Adrian Petterson
Frank Gore
Marshawn Lynch
Stephen Jackson
Lesean McCoy
Demarco Murray
Ahmad Bradshaw

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Ju1ce

Starter

#34 : January 30, 2012, 09:14:11 AM

Was waiting to see who the players were referencing...

Sad to see Mike Williams was one of those guys, figures after watching him play that he wasnt the same player.  Blount doesn't surprise me though.

I blame the fact that the jobs were handed to them, they don't feel threatened and that is what will cause this comfort that they don't need to work as hard as they should. Hopefully Schiano will light some fires and get this ship back in the right direction.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 30, 2012, 09:20:30 AM

I kind of feel like you either have it in you or you don't.  Schiano coming in and laying down the law is probably going to result in one thing.  we'll see.  either way its for the best.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 30, 2012, 09:26:42 AM

every Buc fan wants to believe we have a legit franchise QB,

We do have a legit franchise QB.

\
a legit #1 WR,

He's not a number one and I don't think too many Bucs fans currently think that.

a legit 1st string RB, blah, blah, blah. 

He has the potential to be a number one RB. But most of us want to bring in another guy alongside him.

I think we're going to see that while Morris brought out the worst in some of these guys, Schiano will bring out the best.

Glad to see that Freeman was putting in the effort all season.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 30, 2012, 09:27:35 AM

Again, the lack of veteran leadership on the team is eye opening. These guys weren't even doing the physical things, like building muscle and treating their bodies for soreness. This just reaks of young guys who don't know how to be professionals. Don't even get me started on the mental aspects, falling asleep in meetings, not working on blitz protection schemes, etc. These guys have poential to be very good, but when you peel away the natural athleticism, you don't see the physical and mental preperation that  is needed to get ahead in the NFL. SMH.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 30, 2012, 09:36:00 AM

It's funny how many of you want to dump Blount when he wasn't even drafted by the team. He hasn't even had one complete offseason with the team. You make him sound like a first-round bust. And while we could benefit from RB help, are you willing to say all our other RBs are better?
MW was a major disappointment. But look at his 2010. Bradford was overrated and you could easily make the case that MW should have been OROY (call me silly if 7-9 QBs with 5.95 YPA don't get me all warm and fuzzy inside). Cutting MW would be flat-out dumb. You either see if he can right the ship or trade him while he has value.

In Verner We Trust

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 30, 2012, 09:38:54 AM

It's funny how many of you want to dump Blount when he wasn't even drafted by the team. He hasn't even had one complete offseason with the team. You make him sound like a first-round bust. And while we could benefit from RB help, are you willing to say all our other RBs are better?

i want to dump blount because ive come to think he's a highlight reel rather than a RB.  a highlight reel that has maturity, discipline and drive issues.  trade him while his value is high.  there is some team out there that will pay for the potential.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 30, 2012, 09:39:34 AM

Again, the lack of veteran leadership on the team is eye opening. These guys weren't even doing the physical things, like building muscle and treating their bodies for soreness. This just reaks of young guys who don't know how to be professionals. Don't even get me started on the mental aspects, falling asleep in meetings, not working on blitz protection schemes, etc. These guys have poential to be very good, but when you peel away the natural athleticism, you don't see the physical and mental preperation that  is needed to get ahead in the NFL. SMH.

Once again this leads right back to the feet of management...Raheem didn't help matters with his friends-first techniques but management did not provide the personnel necessary to assist the young guys to assimilate and grow as professionals. My reason for bringing this up is that the same guys that ran that ship aground are running this one....why should I assume it will be any different?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 30, 2012, 09:47:50 AM

c'mon.  do we really need all-pros (that is what posters really mean by veteran leadership, right) to tell players to come to meetings on time and not sleep?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 30, 2012, 09:50:22 AM

i want to dump blount because ive come to think he's a highlight reel rather than a RB.  a highlight reel that has maturity, discipline and drive issues.  trade him while his value is high.  there is some team out there that will pay for the potential.
exactly.  that game Graham started the offense looked so much better and Graham isn't even very talented.  My hope is Freeman is a legit franchise QB and turds like Williams and Blout affected his play.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 30, 2012, 09:54:12 AM

You're overreacting. It's too black and white with many people. Getting rid of MW or Blount won't change Freeman locking onto receivers or overthrowing guys.

In Verner We Trust

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 30, 2012, 10:00:36 AM

Once again this leads right back to the feet of management...Raheem didn't help matters with his friends-first techniques but management did not provide the personnel necessary to assist the young guys to assimilate and grow as professionals. My reason for bringing this up is that the same guys that ran that ship aground are running this one....why should I assume it will be any different?
What do we have Davin Joseph (2-time Pro Bowl, NFL Man of the Year nominee), Donald Penn (1-time Pro Bowl), Jeff Faine (1-time Pro Bowl, former highest paid center in NFL), Kellen Winslow (1-time Pro Bowl, former highest paid tight end in NFL), and Jeremy Trueblood for?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Disturbing read from Walterfootball.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools