Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Subtle hints suggest Bucs will be players in free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 30, 2012, 01:36:57 PM

Is there a Hardy Nickerson-type LB? By that, I mean someone with his demeanor and toughness and leadership that could step in and really have credibility.

Tulloch and D'Quell are out there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 30, 2012, 01:37:38 PM

Manningham has played well during stretches the last two years and does seem to get open consistently. He doesn't always have the best hands and has been dinged up quite a bit.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 30, 2012, 01:38:42 PM

My gut instinct says the Bucs will pursue Reggie Wayne.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 30, 2012, 01:40:27 PM

Address WR in free agency then take care of the Oline and LB in the draft. Unless of course Nicks becomes a possibility....

It is hard for me to believe that the Bucs will go after Nicks.

Ron Swanson

Starter

#19 : January 30, 2012, 01:41:02 PM

Is there a Hardy Nickerson-type LB? By that, I mean someone with his demeanor and toughness and leadership that could step in and really have credibility.

Tulloch and D'Quell are out there.

I have had D'Quell on my fantasy team, and he was always racking up the tackles. Not sure of how he plays and where those tackles occur on the field, but it seems like he is always around the ball and at least he can tackle unlike some of our linebackers.

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 30, 2012, 01:44:08 PM

It's a shame about DeSean Jackson's issues because he would be a huge complement to Benn and Williams. With Jackson as a deep threat, those two would really be able to bully defenses.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 30, 2012, 01:49:25 PM

It's a shame about DeSean Jackson's issues because he would be a huge complement to Benn and Williams. With Jackson as a deep threat, those two would really be able to bully defenses.

His only issue is not getting paid.  I think he pulls in 600K or something like that. A big free agent contract and I think he would be fine.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 30, 2012, 01:49:29 PM

Schiano wants to take shots down the field and but that's not going to happen unless he has huge confidence in Benn. Their looking at free agents to help with that for sure. Honestly it might be best not to go after the big name receiver but instead get two like Meachem and Manningham, then use the big money to get Nicks. Unless their willing to pay heavily for a Jackson and Nicks, but I doubt it.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 30, 2012, 01:55:47 PM

Not saying Bowe would be my first choice but I wouldn't be upset if he was a Buc. There is no doubt he would instantly be the best WR on this team.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 30, 2012, 01:55:48 PM

From the coaches vision statement, I think they will not make a run at Desean - doesn't fit the mold of the "Buccaneer Way'...

Maybe Vincent Jackson.... but just  a maybe.

I'd expect a player, but not one of those two at WR.

My $.02

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 30, 2012, 01:58:56 PM

As much as I'd love to have Bowe, I hope the Bucs don't sign him.  I have him on my fantasy team (keeper league), and I was hoping to keep him.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 30, 2012, 01:58:58 PM

Not saying Bowe would be my first choice but I wouldn't be upset if he was a Buc. There is no doubt he would instantly be the best WR on this team.

Why would you not want him? Other than the injured riddled 2009 season he's been money and been money w/oi a big name QB throwing him the ball.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 30, 2012, 01:59:47 PM

His only issue is not getting paid.  I think he pulls in 600K or something like that. A big free agent contract and I think he would be fine.

I don't know that that is totally true - he was rumored to have diva issues coming out of Cal.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#28 : January 30, 2012, 02:00:40 PM

Honestly, if we don't get Bowe, Vincent Jackson or DeSean......I wouldn't mind at all if we picked up both Reggie Wayne and Mario Manningham. That would be a real nice receiving core and we wouldn't break the bank doing it. Reggie Wayne obviously isn't our #1WR of the future, but that doesn't matter. He's still extremely capable of being a #1 for the next 2-3 years. This would also do two more things....be able to fill a need so we don't need to use a 1st or 2nd rounder on WR.....and most importantly, it would wake guys like Mike Williams and Arrellious Benn the **CENSORED** up that they need to step up or they could be out of the league pretty soon if they don't get their **CENSORED** straight.

Another thing.....you guys want a Hardy Nickerson type LB to come into the locker room and be a leader to the young guys? Then I don't give a damn about age. One of my top priorities this free agency would be to sign London Fletcher. Sign him to a 2 year deal. I'd say to stay away if he was declining, but the dude just had one of the best years of his career at 36 years old. Watch this and tell me you don't agree that this is a guy we need to sign to be the voice of our defense.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 30, 2012, 02:04:59 PM

From the coaches vision statement, I think they will not make a run at Desean - doesn't fit the mold of the "Buccaneer Way'...

Maybe Vincent Jackson.... but just  a maybe.

I'd expect a player, but not one of those two at WR.

My $.02

Seems to fit the mold of Keshawn that we brought in via FA...not saying that didnt have its ups and downs, but the ups was a Lombardi Trophy

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Subtle hints suggest Bucs will be players in free agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools