Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Subtle hints suggest Bucs will be players in free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Ron Swanson

Starter

#30 : January 30, 2012, 02:04:59 PM

It's a shame about DeSean Jackson's issues because he would be a huge complement to Benn and Williams. With Jackson as a deep threat, those two would really be able to bully defenses.

His only issue is not getting paid.  I think he pulls in 600K or something like that. A big free agent contract and I think he would be fine.

I don't know that that is totally true - he was rumored to have diva issues coming out of Cal.

Yes he does. I watch like every Eagles game cause that's what I get in PA, and he seriously has tantrums most games, especially when he isn't getting the ball.

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 30, 2012, 02:05:26 PM

If I were the Redskins, I'd try my best to keep London Fletcher Bakers Dozen. Guy can still play at a high level at one of the most physical positions in the league at 36, really impressive. I think the Colts manage to keep Wayne. Manningham wouldn't be a bad choice but we would still need a number 1 guy. V-Jax is the guy I want, but, if we could somehow keep him in line, Desean would do A LOT for Freeman and the other WR's.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 30, 2012, 02:05:47 PM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 30, 2012, 02:06:57 PM

The main issue with Jackson is ahe is a 175 lbs WR who runs go and post routes and not much else. He's really good at that but he's still not a chain mover of a WR. If you get him you have to accept there will be games where he vanishes. His first 4 for example sorta show what he does: 101, 21, 30, 173

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 30, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Though he may not fit the D scheme 100%, I don't think there's anyone as close to a Nickerson-type LB than Bart Scott. He's rumored to be a cap casualty this year.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 30, 2012, 02:10:30 PM

The main issue with Jackson is ahe is a 175 lbs WR who runs go and post routes and not much else. He's really good at that but he's still not a chain mover of a WR. If you get him you have to accept there will be games where he vanishes. His first 4 for example sorta show what he does: 101, 21, 30, 173

I agree to an extent, but numbers dont always show value for speedy receivers.  If someone like him is our #1, and forces safety play deep, then our bigger guys like Williams and Benn get better looks in the underneath routes.

I dont care who we get as long as they pose a threat in the deep ball game.  Hell, we could probably get Lee Evans from B'more right now for a towel boy.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 30, 2012, 02:11:54 PM

Though he may not fit the D scheme 100%, I don't think there's anyone as close to a Nickerson-type LB than Bart Scott. He's rumored to be a cap casualty this year.

Bart Scott ever spit on a running back during a game?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 30, 2012, 02:12:06 PM

I'd take Fletcher over Scott any day. Not saying Bart is bad, I just like Fletcher's game more.

Desmond

Second String

#38 : January 30, 2012, 02:14:36 PM

Let's not forget our need at cornerback, we could use Cortland Finnegan.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 30, 2012, 02:17:41 PM

Let's not forget our need at cornerback, we could use Cortland Finnegan.

That would be the biggest mistake ever, ever. We don't need more guys like that on the team, I don't care how talented he is (even though Jason McCourty, who Schiano coached, had a better year for the Titans)

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 30, 2012, 02:17:41 PM

Fletcher's definitely the better player now, but he's not going anywhere, and at 36, how many seasons does he realistically have.

As for Scott, by pretty much all accounts his game has faded. The reason Hardy worked here is that he was in his prime and playing at a high level. You can't lead if can't do it on the field.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 30, 2012, 02:17:41 PM

I agree to an extent, but numbers dont always show value for speedy receivers.  If someone like him is our #1, and forces safety play deep, then our bigger guys like Williams and Benn get better looks in the underneath routes.

I dont care who we get as long as they pose a threat in the deep ball game.  Hell, we could probably get Lee Evans from B'more right now for a towel boy.

Right he might add value but if you pay a WR $10m per year I suspect people expect him to do more than just lift the coverage.

The thing is that his threat level is high but sporadic. Compare Bowe vs Jackson. Jackson in the last 2 years has 13 40+ yard catches. Bowe only has 7. Jackson has basically doubled him up but you are talking about 6 more plays over 32 games. In terms of chunk plays (20+) Bowe has more than DeSean does so you are paying a lot of jack to get a sporadic additional big play.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 30, 2012, 02:19:05 PM

Right he might add value but if you pay a WR $10m per year I suspect people expect him to do more than just lift the coverage.

The thing is that his threat level is high but sporadic. Compare Bowe vs Jackson. Jackson in the last 2 years has 13 40+ yard catches. Bowe only has 7. Jackson has basically doubled him up but you are talking about 6 more plays over 32 games. In terms of chunk plays (20+) Bowe has more than DeSean does so you are paying a lot of jack to get a sporadic additional big play.

The biggest reason Jackson is so valuable right now is that he can return punts too.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 30, 2012, 02:19:13 PM

I've heard Bowe's name mentioned, but that doesn't mean they're necessarily interested in him specifically.
Him or either Jackson would be nice. Manningham too.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 30, 2012, 02:20:46 PM

As for Scott, by pretty much all accounts his game has faded. The reason Hardy worked here is that he was in his prime and playing at a high level. You can't lead if can't do it on the field.

bring in scott to be a 2-down LB and veteran leadership.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Subtle hints suggest Bucs will be players in free agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools