Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Illustrated Grades the 7 New Head Coaching Hires « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 19, 2012, 11:37:09 AM

And through 10 games they're worse than the 2011 Bucs.

So that means that automatically, Crennel is a total failure and writer of the article is an idiot?
I don't see how you can say hiring Crennel to be the full time coach wasn't a total failure.

Because it's only been 10 games.
So you see them getting better this season?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#31 : November 19, 2012, 11:56:23 AM

Yeah it's only been 10 games but ranking Crennel that high when he was bad in Cleveland and who isn't? Even though people may say it's only been 10 games you have to look to see how the team looks. Are they playing like a team that is prepared for situational football? Is the team fighting hard to the last whistle? Is the team making the same mistakes over and over? And my last gauge for judging a coach is are they steadily getting better?

I think for the Bucs and Schiano I answer a yes to all of those. I don't follow all the other teams so i can't say clearly. The Chiefs do have one of the worst turnover margins in the NFL, so it looks like they are continuing to make the same mistakes week after week. Is that bad players or have the players tuned out the coaching staff?

Unearthing prior articles is always funny, especially when it comes to Pre Season predictions.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 19, 2012, 12:12:48 PM

So that means that automatically, Crennel is a total failure and writer of the article is an idiot?
I don't see how you can say hiring Crennel to be the full time coach wasn't a total failure.

So you see them getting better this season?

There's no way that he has watched a Chiefs game this year if he doesn't think the Crennel hire was a complete failure.

The Chiefs have been AWFUL this year. Just as bad as we were last year. The team has no heart, they get blown out almost every week and fans are even bringing signs to the games saying 'fire Crennel and their GM'. They're just like we were last year and I feel bad for Chiefs fans because we know exactly what they are going through.

And the thing is, the Chiefs actually have talent too. There is no way that team should be 1-9 and playing like they are right now.

I like Crennel, but the guy just isn't set out to be a HC.

JoshMcCrownUs

Starter
#33 : November 19, 2012, 01:17:47 PM

Nice try, but this isnt baseball. You look that bad in 10 games, you are toast without a doubt. Remember up until about 2 weeks ago they had never been up in a single game, not even for a second. Thats not just bad, its freakin embarassing. Romeo better be updating his resume

JoshMcCrownUs

Starter
#34 : November 19, 2012, 01:19:11 PM

*never had a lead in regulation, forgot to type

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 19, 2012, 03:16:26 PM

He may end up being a bad choice.  But, a good QB makes all the difference.  The Colts did virtually nothing in the offseason and are 6-4 with Luck.  The Chiefs will have Bowe and Charles next year with possibly, I don't know, Geno Smith.  Why is it out of the realm of possibility to consider that maybe in 2013, the Chiefs are 8-8?  The Redskins were worse off going into this season than what the Chiefs will be next season.  Like I said, Crennel may very well end up being a terrible HC, but I'm not going to concede that after just 10 games.  I'll give him til at least next year to make that call.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 19, 2012, 03:42:52 PM

Some teams just want to be bad no matter what. Oakland and Cleveland are the best examples. No matter what players or coaches you stick into those places, they still can't ever seem to get on track.

Lions too historically but they've made some progress.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 19, 2012, 04:39:20 PM

This list is $%1#.

No, there is no bias in these ranking at all....

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 19, 2012, 05:05:15 PM

haahaha wow so much fail in that list. the guy at the bottom is better than all the other guys on the list. romeo crennel an A-? hahahaha wow who wrote this article? were they drunk

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 31, 2012, 09:29:36 AM

He may end up being a bad choice.  But, a good QB makes all the difference.  The Colts did virtually nothing in the offseason and are 6-4 with Luck.  The Chiefs will have Bowe and Charles next year with possibly, I don't know, Geno Smith.  Why is it out of the realm of possibility to consider that maybe in 2013, the Chiefs are 8-8?  The Redskins were worse off going into this season than what the Chiefs will be next season.  Like I said, Crennel may very well end up being a terrible HC, but I'm not going to concede that after just 10 games.  I'll give him til at least next year to make that call.
Fired.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 31, 2012, 09:47:17 AM

Belichick would NOT be the coach he is today without Drew Bledsoe.  Yeah, yeah, he is some kind of genius, but the reality is Brady never gets the chance to start unless Bledsoe goes down...plain and simple. 

One of the most underrated coaches IMO to have graced the NFL is Chuck Noll; the man was unreal.  Also, Marv Levy. 

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 31, 2012, 09:49:28 AM

Fired.

Yup.  I think it's a bit knee-jerk, but hey, it's their team.  I don't follow the Chiefs really, so I don't know much about the situation.  From the outside, I still stand by my original statement's... I'd have given him at least one more year.
: December 31, 2012, 09:52:39 AM TBayXXXVII

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 31, 2012, 09:57:24 AM

Hey, what else is new?  TBayXXXVII takes another roundhouse right to the kisser...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 31, 2012, 09:57:35 AM

i hope they hire whomever is willing to overpay for freeman.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 31, 2012, 10:41:57 AM

Hey, what else is new?  TBayXXXVII takes another roundhouse right to the kisser...

LOL, what a bafoon.  It's simply an opinion.  I never said "they won't fire him".  I didn't make any predictions.  All I said is that I wouldn't have fired him after one season.  I don't know where you're coming from on this one.  Then again, does anyone ever know what you are coming from?  I get why FRG is bumping it... he needs to let people know when he's right, it's important to note those one or two times it happens.  When someone basically says that Drew Brees is nothing unless his defense get's turnovers, it's obvious that he's wrong a lot.
: December 31, 2012, 10:44:21 AM TBayXXXVII
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Illustrated Grades the 7 New Head Coaching Hires « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools