Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Illustrated Grades the 7 New Head Coaching Hires « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 19, 2012, 08:42:17 AM

Great bump.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#16 : November 19, 2012, 08:43:38 AM

opinions are like belly buttons...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 19, 2012, 09:06:08 AM

Who wrote that POS?

yikes.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 19, 2012, 09:27:36 AM

Just because the guy is wrong with respect to Schiano (so far), doesn't mean the guy is wrong all over.  I think his grades for the other 6 are so far panning out to be accurate.  You can't really call him right or wrong on KC (Crennel), yet.  In this league you need 1 of 2 things to win... a great defense or a good QB.  Kansas City is (and was in January), 2-3 years away from both of those.  As for the other 5, I think his initial assessment is holding to form.  Just as with his stance on KC, you can't really say he's wrong on Schiano even though the early returns suggest that he is.  It's only been 10 games.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 19, 2012, 09:37:13 AM

Just because the guy is wrong with respect to Schiano (so far), doesn't mean the guy is wrong all over.  I think his grades for the other 6 are so far panning out to be accurate.  You can't really call him right or wrong on KC (Crennel), yet.  In this league you need 1 of 2 things to win... a great defense or a good QB.  Kansas City is (and was in January), 2-3 years away from both of those.  As for the other 5, I think his initial assessment is holding to form.  Just as with his stance on KC, you can't really say he's wrong on Schiano even though the early returns suggest that he is.  It's only been 10 games.
KC won 7 games last season. This year they have the worst point differential in the NFL. They're on pace top finish with a worse point differential than the 2011 Bucs.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 19, 2012, 09:39:32 AM

KC won 7 games last season. This year they have the worst point differential in the NFL. They're on pace top finish with a worse point differential than the 2011 Bucs.

Again, it's 10 games.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 19, 2012, 09:47:59 AM

And through 10 games they're worse than the 2011 Bucs.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 19, 2012, 10:09:39 AM

So that means that automatically, Crennel is a total failure and writer of the article is an idiot?

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 19, 2012, 10:14:32 AM

with the information obtained so far.... yes.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 19, 2012, 10:15:12 AM

For a second I thought these were current and was ready to never read SI ever again. At least now I know these are from January and will never read SI ever again.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 19, 2012, 10:16:32 AM

So that means that automatically, Crennel is a total failure and writer of the article is an idiot?
I don't see how you can say hiring Crennel to be the full time coach wasn't a total failure.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 19, 2012, 10:24:27 AM

But Crennel and Mularkey are really bad. I know Jax took Houston to OT yesterday, but its one of only very few bright spots on a horrible season.

Jax's problem is Gabbert. If Henne was playing all along, they'd have a few more wins....IMO.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 19, 2012, 10:37:44 AM

switch crennel and schiano grades and the list aint half bad!

and as hate pointed out, if gabbert doesnt play again mularkey might look a lot better as a coach.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#28 : November 19, 2012, 10:49:58 AM

1. Romeo Crennel, Chiefs: 1-9

2. Joe Philbin, Dolphins: 4-6

3. Jeff Fisher, Rams: 3-6-1

4. Chuck Pagano, Colts: 6-4 (Currently not coaching, but inspiring team)

5. Mike Mularkey, Jaguars: 1-9

6. Dennis Allen, Raiders: 3-7

7. Greg Schiano, Buccaneers: 6-4

After 10 games, I like the Bucs hire, and am def excited the direction the team is heading.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 19, 2012, 11:24:19 AM

I don't see how you can say hiring Crennel to be the full time coach wasn't a total failure.

Because it's only been 10 games.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports Illustrated Grades the 7 New Head Coaching Hires « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools