Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another View On Hiring Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#120 : February 03, 2012, 01:08:08 PM

I think you low balled us this year. I project 8-8 or better.

Should be 8-8 at least, there's no 6-10 type thing going on. Discipline and preparation do not take 2 years to coach into players and frankly that was the problem last year more than anything else. If Schiano can't put that into the team then he's not the guy we thought we hired.

If you think the character of this team is sound, then you can apply this logic.

Problem is, much of this team needs to be gutted.  It's more important to have everyone on board, with the right attitude and applying that attitude daily, than to have high talent guys doing their own thing.

That transition of player personnel will likely have a negative impact on the team record initially.  But going forward, this is the proper technique to build a winner.

The thing is that guys who are dogs weren't helping anyways so if you subtract zero from any number the number doesn't change. Toss in that plenty of guys were producing X-1 where that -1 is the lack of preparations and discipline. The collective effect of that loss adds up to a lot of losses but also a lot of potential wins with a simple fix.  This team won't be "gutted" even if dogs like Talib/Jackson/Black are released they are no loss.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#121 : February 03, 2012, 01:11:51 PM

Talib had what 2-3 good games last year? Did Black have one - did he have a good series even? 

Jackson started out like a house on fire, but sucked the rest of the way (and I say that as a fan of his generally).

Joe Average could come in and give what those guys gave last year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#122 : February 03, 2012, 01:16:17 PM

Did Black have one - did he have a good series even? 

His best series all year was any series he was on the bench,

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#123 : February 03, 2012, 01:20:04 PM

This thread has been remembered for later...
Beatles you are the most wishy washy poster here.  Sure you want to play that game?
When have I never admitted I was wrong?

I am an optimist, Skull...I would have been right about Kelly being hired...he just backed out. :D

I was also right about Clayborn and I just may be right about Bowers.

Wrong on some stuff, yeah...but I can admit when I am.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another View On Hiring Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools