Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another View On Hiring Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 30, 2012, 08:53:21 PM

CBWx2, ok, you've convinced me. I don't know a damn thing.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 30, 2012, 09:00:30 PM

I think that fans actually going..."I like how he sounds like an NFL coach" just shows how low this franchise has gone.

Dungy to Gru to Morris to gulp....a decent college coach.....folks....that graph is on a massive decline.......

sharp2325

Starter

#32 : January 30, 2012, 09:03:54 PM

Anomaly, just curious who your choice for coach was?

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 30, 2012, 09:06:47 PM

Or......we could give him a chance to see if he can do the job before just assuming he is an epic failure. But I'm sure your way is the much more logical one........

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 31, 2012, 12:08:18 AM

I'm Jewish and Italian and I can't stand myself, so I'm going to go ahead and agree with tripblood.

The truth is, none of the media have any clue about Schiano. But, he turned around an organization with Rutgers, and the Bucs are hoping he can do the same at the NFL level. I have a lot of faith in him from what I've seen so far.

HAHHA .. Also agree with ya on Schiano.

This guy...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 31, 2012, 07:21:06 AM

Jews hate Italians. Not shocking.
wasn't Schiano hired any given a boat load of money by a Jewish family?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 31, 2012, 07:25:46 AM

Like someone once said, nobody cares about Sports Illustrated. All they care about is the swimsuit edition and that is it. SI has nothing worth reading.

How is Dennis Allen, Chuck Pagano, or Joe Philbin, Mike Mularkey a better hire then Schiano? All of those guys were all mediocre/adequate.

Greg Schiano could be one of the better hires of this coaching class.
because only one college HC can be named in recent memory that have actually been successful making the jump to the NFL.  and that was still over 20 years ago.  Odds are the experienced NFL coordinators have a better chance to succeed.  Not that the odds are great either way since all these teams that fired their previous HC are bad teams.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#37 : January 31, 2012, 07:40:18 AM

What a great article.....not much can be factually disputed.  It is all true.  The results are yet to be determined but it is common knowledge Schiano was outcoached regularly.  Again, it's not like he dominated a weak crappy conference. 

While this hire is a huge question mark...maybe he'll surprise us all.

And outside of "seeing" him speak.....no one has seen anything outside of a lot of talking.
What a surprise!  The Anomaly takes another shot at Schiano.  Got to love all the naysayers.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 31, 2012, 08:22:22 AM

He makes it sound like Schiano was a downgrade from Morris. I was one of Morris' biggest fans after year one. I thought we had our guy for 10 years. Boy was I wrong and boy did his team implode. We come to find out players missing meetings and slacking off. Not putting the time in to learn the playbook and in general an undisciplined team.

I keep hearing about how Schiano isn't a good game day coach. Okay can I hear why this is? Does someone have an example? Did anyone else watch the presser or the 1 on 1 with  Schiano? He plans on bringing in an offensive and defensive Coordinator to run both sides while he oversee everything. I take that to mean he potentially isn't calling plays on game day. Does this writer know anything about this new coach, other than spitting out win and loss totals and blaming those on bad game day coaching?

I love what I see with Schiano and I think he is exactly what this team needs. Discipline and a clear, structured path on how to reach our goals. Not a great game day coach, who gives a **CENSORED**. He'll have a coordinator for that and some on this board would argue you can't get much worse than what we had.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Raheem33

Rookie
#39 : January 31, 2012, 08:53:09 AM

Dont let the media tell you who is a good coach/ They spin things anyway they want to/Here are the facts Schiano took the worst program in D1 football and changed there whole culture. Do any of you know how hard it is to recruit in Central New Jersey? He is a solid coach case closed. But like any coach he needs the support of the front office (aquiring talent ) and ownership (spending money) . Please give this guy a chance before you write this off as a failure. If you are a true Bucs fan support your coach

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#40 : January 31, 2012, 09:27:20 AM

Dont let the media tell you who is a good coach/ They spin things anyway they want to/Here are the facts Schiano took the worst program in D1 football and changed there whole culture. Do any of you know how hard it is to recruit in Central New Jersey? He is a solid coach case closed. But like any coach he needs the support of the front office (aquiring talent ) and ownership (spending money) . Please give this guy a chance before you write this off as a failure. If you are a true Bucs fan support your coach

Well said Coach Morris. We wish you success in D.C. (Unless you play the Bucs... then we hope your secondary give up 500yrds passing and 7 touchdowns.... you know CIRCA 1st half ATL Falcons game, 2012) LOL!

CJPunk

Rookie

#41 : January 31, 2012, 09:57:10 AM

What a great article.....not much can be factually disputed.  It is all true.  The results are yet to be determined but it is common knowledge Schiano was outcoached regularly.  Again, it's not like he dominated a weak crappy conference. 

While this hire is a huge question mark...maybe he'll surprise us all.

And outside of "seeing" him speak.....no one has seen anything outside of a lot of talking.

In the NFL coaches dont out coach each other with any frequency enough to make that a valid flaw. Players on both sides of the ball no what schemes every team runs, being "outcoached" is a copout for players not executing a gameplan set forth during the week and not being motivated enough to put forth the effort to be the best on every play. There are instances like Jason Garrett where you say wow that guy is an idiot but players play and coaches coach. The key word that matters in the NFL is execution. If Schiano can get them diciplined enough to execute a gameplan then this could go far but they fell in love with themselves this past year, coming off the 10-6 season. Then when things got tough/didnt go their way, they quit and a team takes on the personality of their coach...

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 31, 2012, 12:40:49 PM

Yeah....because the head coach doesn't make any decisions on game day.

Does anyone really believe that load of crap?  It reminds me of the mother that helps her child bury the dead body that he just murdered all the while saying "my baby is a good baby....he would never hurt anybody...." ...shovel shovel shovel....

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 31, 2012, 12:54:58 PM

Recruiting is horrible in Central New Jersey, especially when top talent decides to go out of state.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 31, 2012, 01:15:42 PM

Recruiting is horrible in Central New Jersey, especially when top talent decides to go out of state.

There, made that a little more accurate.

According to Rivals.com, they have a whole 189 players graded and a whopping 9 have a ranking of 4 stars... a total of 0 in 5-stars.  There are more players that don't even grade out (10 have no stars), than they do 4 and 5 star recruits combined.  Recruiting in NJ is AWFUL, and that's where Schiano got MOST (not all), of his players from.
: January 31, 2012, 01:28:47 PM TBayXXXVII
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another View On Hiring Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools