Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs, McNabb might be a good fit « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 02, 2012, 02:29:15 PM

Jason Campbell

A much better option, though i wouldnt be shocked to see him get a starting spot somewhere.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 02, 2012, 02:32:10 PM

d.g. would be a great pick up not sure why a team didn't pick him up lasy year

He was hurt and recovering from surgery. Numerous teams including Texans contacted him but he wasn't ready to go.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 02, 2012, 02:40:29 PM

If McNabb was a stickler for the rules, do everything by the book type QB then I'd like it. But he is the opposite. His mechanics have always been sloppy. He doesnt have that 1st guy in last guy to leave reputation you would like you QB to have. Freeman has that potential to lay back and get chunky like Mcnabb did.
 I think the worst part is, is that Mcnabb has had a very succesful career doing things his way. When Shanahan tried to tell Mcnabb you could be more accurate if you cleaned up your mechanics. Mcnabb was like check my stats b!Tch. He doesnt see a need to perfect his mechanics or be a gym rat. Just not the right veteran leadership free needs.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 02, 2012, 03:40:04 PM

d.g. would be a great pick up not sure why a team didn't pick him up lasy year

He was hurt and recovering from surgery. Numerous teams including Texans contacted him but he wasn't ready to go.

Was he ever any good?  I don't think so.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 02, 2012, 09:16:24 PM

Jason Campbell

A much better option, though i wouldnt be shocked to see him get a starting spot somewhere.

Miami or Seattle come to mind.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#20 : February 02, 2012, 09:59:52 PM

Pass on Mcnabb.  David Garrard because he believes he can still start in the NFL.  He has playoff experience and an outstanding touchdown to interception ratio.  He will push Freeman to improve or get out of the way.  Freeman has excellent skill but he needs to fight for his spot to improve.  Competition is a wonderful thing.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 02, 2012, 10:04:31 PM

HELL NO!

McNabb can't play anymore and he's not a great locker room guy anymore. He's a very selfish player. I'd rather go with a savy veteran that is known as a team guy.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

dbrooks55

Starter

#22 : February 02, 2012, 11:11:44 PM

I don't want McNabb anywhere near this team....he would not be a good mentor at all!!! I was listening to the big Philly station today and they where chuckling about how the thought of him being a clipboard carrier and how he'd under cut the starting QB first chance he had. McNabb has a huge ego and can't realize his career is over!

dbrooks55

Starter

#23 : February 02, 2012, 11:12:48 PM

HELL NO!

McNabb can't play anymore and he's not a great locker room guy anymore. He's a very selfish player. I'd rather go with a savy veteran that is known as a team guy.

He never was a great locker room guy!

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 02, 2012, 11:32:19 PM

The only way I would bring him in is if they had a straight up QB competition with him and Freeman, and he's cut if he loses the competition.

Tobias Funke

Starter
#25 : February 02, 2012, 11:33:26 PM

On a scale of 1 to 10, no.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 02, 2012, 11:34:55 PM

McNabb? No thank you!

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 03, 2012, 12:04:52 AM

yeah, because he really mentored Ponder after he was benched
'

My thoughts exactly.  Thanks but no thanks!

Turn the page.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs, McNabb might be a good fit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools