Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd McShay's Latest Mock 2.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
: February 03, 2012, 02:52:07 AM

1. Indianapolis Colts
Record: 2-14 Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford
The status of Colts legend Peyton Manning is still up in the air after multiple neck surgeries, and Manning will be 36 years old next season. Meanwhile, Luck is a once-in-a-generation prospect with the physical tools and mental makeup to start from day one. Given the financial considerations involved, the smart decision is to draft Luck and part ways with Manning.

2. St. Louis Rams
Record: 2-14 Matt Kalil*, OT, USC
Rams QB Sam Bradford (No 1 overall, 2010) needs better protection to reach his full potential. Current St. Louis LOT Jason Smith has fallen short of expectations after being taken second overall in 2009, and with Kalil's size, athleticism and nasty disposition he is ready to take over at left tackle from the first day of training camp.

3. Minnesota Vikings
Record: 3-13 Riley Reiff*, OT, Iowa
The Vikings desperately need offensive weapons to help young QB Christian Ponder, but they also need to better protect their investment in Ponder. Reiff needs to get stronger, but he is an underrated athlete with the potential to become a very good starting left tackle in the NFL.

4. Cleveland Browns
Record: 4-12 Robert Griffin III*, QB, Baylor
Current Browns QB Colt McCoy has shown good toughness, mental capacity and short-to-intermediate accuracy, but his lack of size and arm strength to drive the ball downfield put too many limitations on the offense. Assuming no team trades ahead of them to take Griffin, the Browns can add a dynamic weapon who will open things up. He still must improve his consistency as a decision-maker and with his underneath touch/accuracy, but his downfield accuracy was vastly improved in 2011.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Record: 4-12 Morris Claiborne*, CB, LSU
Current Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount is no Trent Richardson (Alabama), but taking a running back this early is always a reach and Tampa Bay's cornerback situation is a nightmare with Ronde Barber on the decline and Aqib Talib facing off-field issues. Claiborne would bring to Tampa the best man-to-man cover skills in the 2012 class, along with good speed and instincts.

If it goes down like this...I might be tempted to drop down a few spots because 3 of the big 4 (Claiborne, Richardson, and Blackmon) would all still be on the board. The Bucs could drop down, get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick...although passing on Claiborne would be pretty tough.
: February 03, 2012, 02:55:59 AM Kodiak

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : February 03, 2012, 05:36:40 AM

Mel Kiper's top six: 1. QB Andrew Luck; 2. OT Matt Kalil; 3. RB Trent Richardson; 4. CB Morris Claiborne; 5. WR Justin Blackmon; 6. RG III.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : February 03, 2012, 05:57:09 AM

Unfortunately, the Bucs are desperate for a corner.   I hate picking a corner that high.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 03, 2012, 07:37:55 AM

My only knock is that the guy is 175 pounds. Like to see him bulk up to be honest, I rather have a RB. Blount is overrated by fans.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 03, 2012, 07:45:25 AM

My only knock is that the guy is 175 pounds. Like to see him bulk up to be honest, I rather have a RB. Blount is overrated by fans.
Running backs are good pick ups later on in the draft.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 03, 2012, 07:47:52 AM

Trade down for the best T/G available, stack an extra pick, draft a LB.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 03, 2012, 07:59:04 AM

Richardson is the best RB since Peterson aka the #1 RB at his position. Some even call him a better prospect than Peterson. I rather us get a player that is the best at his position and can win games for us right now.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 03, 2012, 08:05:54 AM

Best move here is to pull a Belichick and stockpile picks because of the sheer amount of needs....as much as I like Blackmon, I think we'd be better off trading out of the spot to double up in 1st....possibly going OL and RB later on. Obviously that is flexible depending on what happens during FA period.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 03, 2012, 08:56:34 AM

I'd lean toward Blackmon is this situation.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 03, 2012, 09:00:44 AM

He's 185, the only place listing him at 175 is ESPN.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 03, 2012, 09:02:01 AM

Best move here is to pull a Belichick and stockpile picks because of the sheer amount of needs....as much as I like Blackmon, I think we'd be better off trading out of the spot to double up in 1st....possibly going OL and RB later on. Obviously that is flexible depending on what happens during FA period.

A trade down wouldn't be a shocking move. I might say I'd expect it except that at CB and WR the guys behind the guys all have off field issues which would/should make us leery.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

lowlife

Starter
#11 : February 03, 2012, 09:17:13 AM

Richardson is the best RB since Peterson aka the #1 RB at his position. Some even call him a better prospect than Peterson. I rather us get a player that is the best at his position and can win games for us right now.

Using that logic... Does Revis not win games for NYJ? In my eyes, Claiborne has Island corner potential.
Running backs like Peterson and McFadden go top 5 because of their big play potential. Rich does not have nearly the athletic ability of those two.
And look where picking those guys have gotten them, DMC is always hurt and Peterson just shredded his knee and may never be the same.
Richardson's style of running only amplifies that risk.

kjbugman

Starter

#12 : February 03, 2012, 09:19:14 AM

I'm happy about Blackmon, Claiborne, or Reiff. I'm satisfied with Richardson. Anybody else wouldn't make sense to me as of now.

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

BucD

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 03, 2012, 09:22:26 AM

IMO, Claiborne is all but guaranteed to be the pick if he's there and he should be.  He covers DB and ST.  Both of which are very important to Dominik and coach Schiano.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 03, 2012, 09:24:20 AM

IMO, Claiborne is all but guaranteed to be the pick if he's there and he should be.  He covers DB and ST.  Both of which are very important to Dominik and coach Schiano.

i agree with this, understand it as well.  unless of course we double up in FA.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd McShay's Latest Mock 2.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools