Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd McShay's Latest Mock 2.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #15 : February 03, 2012, 09:26:25 AM »

Running backs like Peterson and McFadden go top 5 because of their big play potential. Rich does not have nearly the athletic ability of those two.
And look where picking those guys have gotten them, DMC is always hurt and Peterson just shredded his knee and may never be the same.
Richardson's style of running only amplifies that risk.

or maybe peterson and mcfaddens athletic ability and running style amplify their risk of injury?  both those guys were hurt in college, right?  has richardson ever been hurt?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
« #16 : February 03, 2012, 09:28:01 AM »

IMO, Claiborne is all but guaranteed to be the pick if he's there and he should be.  He covers DB and ST.  Both of which are very important to Dominik and coach Schiano.

+1 the value he brings on ST is definetly an added bonus.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #17 : February 03, 2012, 09:31:29 AM »

i dont  think i want my 170lb "star franchise" CB returning kicks.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #18 : February 03, 2012, 09:36:07 AM »

Go FA for your CBs, trade down and take Upshaw or Decastro.

In Verner We Trust

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #19 : February 03, 2012, 09:58:58 AM »

Claiborne is soft, look at the TD that Richardson ran in the title game. Many have defended him saying that he was blocked, but I have replayed it several times. He wasn't blocked by anyone, he ran up into the wrong hole, recovered, saw it was Richardson running and gave up in my opinion...but he was not blocked. I didn't even see him make a single solo tackle the entire game. Really, watch it again...I don't want him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #20 : February 03, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »

Go FA for your CBs, trade down and take Upshaw or Decastro.

do you think upshaw can play in a 4-3?  where?  or do you think we move to a 3-4?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #21 : February 03, 2012, 10:15:20 AM »

I think we're going to mix it up and that Upshaw can play either. He's a stud.

In Verner We Trust

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #22 : February 03, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »

Ninny taking Reiff?  Not so sure. But it would make sense. But a guy like JB will be hard to pass up as well.  Hell what of they think APs injury will reduce his upcoming production?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #23 : February 03, 2012, 10:27:18 AM »

i really dont think we can mess up pick #5 this year.

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #24 : February 03, 2012, 10:36:03 AM »

has richardson ever been hurt?

Two quick finds

TUSCALOOSA -- Alabama running back Trent Richardson sat out for the second straight game recovering from an injury to his left knee.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/alabama_notebook_trent_richard.html

“I tore an abdominal muscle and I had a slightly torn MCL,” Richardson told al.com. “This game means a lot to me, because I didn’t get to play in it last year except for about one quarter. So I really can’t wait to showcase what a healthy Trent can do in this game.”
 http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-11-01/alabama-rb-trent-richardson-injured-vs-lsu-last-year-has-big-motivation#ixzz1lKjfHsal
« : February 03, 2012, 10:41:57 AM Freddy »

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

« #25 : February 03, 2012, 10:41:18 AM »

Easily take the CB rather than a WR or RB in that situation if they're ranked evenly, unless you didn't watch what kind of league this is becoming the past few years. I'd rather take Reiff to play RT than Blackmon or Richardson, and I think I saw Mayock had Reiff ranked as the top tackle.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #26 : February 03, 2012, 10:43:09 AM »

now looking, mcfadden wasnt really hurt in college.  so who knows?  im not expecting us to pick richardson, i just wouldnt mind it either.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #27 : February 03, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »

now looking, mcfadden wasnt really hurt in college.  so who knows?  im not expecting us to pick richardson, i just wouldnt mind it either.

Agreed.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #28 : February 03, 2012, 10:50:39 AM »

I don't remember whether McFadden was ever hurt or not in college, but just looking at him you could tell he'd be injury-prone in the NFL. Richardson has a much better build for withstanding injuries, but that said, ALL RB's get hurt. It doesn't matter who you are. Some just get hurt more than others.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

« #29 : February 03, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »

Unfortunately, the Bucs are desperate for a corner.   I hate picking a corner that high.

I actually agree on this.  4 positions that usually don't equate to top 5 value are CB, RB, S and WR.  There are exceptions of course, but soooooo many busts too.  Why not Kalil in this scenario.  I don't think we would have the slightest chance to trade a few spots with both QB's off the board.  It would have to be a bigger drop.  Not opposed, but if you have top 5 talents fall to you, you take them.  Claiborn would not be a bad pick there, but CB's can be developed.  WR or RB at #5 would not be smart IMO.  Too many FA's out there to waste such a high pick.  Kalil would be a wall at LT for a long time.  I don't see passing him up unless they feel desperate for a CB.

[Add witty one liner here]
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd McShay's Latest Mock 2.0 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools