Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd McShay's Latest Mock 2.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 03, 2012, 10:57:57 AM

I for one really like the Claiborne selection. He is what the Bucs need at this point. Taking Claiborne is going to depend on what the Bucs do in FA and Talib's legal situation. If Talib somehow avoids prison and Schiano can keep him in line. Then Claiborne and Talib would be a formidable CB tandem in the NFC South.

I for one think Talib is gone. Either in prison or on another team. Bucs will attempt to bring 2 FA CBs. Then groom Claiborne if they do indeed select him.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 03, 2012, 11:12:31 AM

now looking, mcfadden wasnt really hurt in college.  so who knows?  im not expecting us to pick richardson, i just wouldnt mind it either.
I don't remember whether McFadden was ever hurt or not in college, but just looking at him you could tell he'd be injury-prone in the NFL. Richardson has a much better build for withstanding injuries, but that said, ALL RB's get hurt. It doesn't matter who you are. Some just get hurt more than others.
McFadden had a dislocated toe his sophomore season. So he was hurt, but not injured.  He still ran for 1600 yards and won the Doak Walker award, first runner up for the Heisman., so it only slowed him down at the begging of the season.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 03, 2012, 11:17:21 AM

McFadden had a dislocated toe his sophomore season. So he was hurt, but not injured.  He still ran for 1600 yards and won the Doak Walker award, first runner up for the Heisman., so it only slowed him down at the begging of the season.

wasnt that from a bar-fight or something?  off the field injury?  think i read that but could be wrong.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

player101

Starter
#33 : February 03, 2012, 11:25:51 AM

Unfortunately, the Bucs are desperate for a corner.   I hate picking a corner that high.

Same here. Especially considering we could have easily filled a Cornerback spot with an elite player through FA last year......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 03, 2012, 11:41:12 AM

Can we stop comparing Richardson to McFadden? You all sound ridiculous.

McFadden's running style has ALWAYS been questioned by scouts at the next level. McFadden is a tall back(6'2) and has a tendency to run upright which makes him vulnerable to injuries and big hits. Second, McFadden has a very skinny frail lower body. His legs are like chicken legs. Third, McFadden has always had a tendency to bounce it outside way too much with his breakaway speed. He had trouble at times with fumbles and never at any point demonstrated pass protection skills.

Peterson had similar issues. He had the fumble issue, he had the upright running style, and he was coming off a broken collarbone injury in which he jumped into the end zone causing his own self to get injured.

Then you have Richardson. Runs with good-low pad leverage so he won't be vulnerable to big hits and injury, very stocky lower body, no fumbling issues(0 fumbles in career), and demonstrated pass catching and pass protection skills.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 03, 2012, 11:45:35 AM

My only knock is that the guy is 175 pounds. Like to see him bulk up to be honest, I rather have a RB. Blount is overrated by fans.
Running backs are good pick ups later on in the draft.
Richardson is the best RB since Peterson aka the #1 RB at his position. Some even call him a better prospect than Peterson. I rather us get a player that is the best at his position and can win games for us right now.

Using that logic... Does Revis not win games for NYJ? In my eyes, Claiborne has Island corner potential.
Running backs like Peterson and McFadden go top 5 because of their big play potential. Rich does not have nearly the athletic ability of those two.
And look where picking those guys have gotten them, DMC is always hurt and Peterson just shredded his knee and may never be the same.
Richardson's style of running only amplifies that risk.
No. Elite CB's don't reflect the scoreboard as much as a 3 down back does. Revis benefits greatly from a good front 7 pass rush. Rich does have the athletic ability, what are you talking about? His incredible run against ole miss wasn't "athletic"? Or, how about him making safeties and cornerbacks look stupid in the open field with his ability to change direction on a dime? His agility is top notch and he packs the get a way. Please do tell what "style" Richardson has, because he doesn't run high like Peterson or DMC.

And sure every "elite CB" coming into the draft has Revis Island potential. That's the thing, some great "elite" prospects never hit their pinnacle.

Terrance Newman
Carlos Rogers
Patrick Peterson
DeAngelo Hall
Quinton Jammer
Dunta Robinson

Claiborne doesn't even stand out from the elite prospects taken top 10 from the last 10 years or so.
: February 03, 2012, 11:56:56 AM Detrimental

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 03, 2012, 03:52:00 PM

wasnt that from a bar-fight or something?  off the field injury?  think i read that but could be wrong.
Yes, it was a fight outside a night club. So it was an off the field injury. He had to undergo surgery and didnt play much in the season opener against USC because he hadnt healed yet.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 03, 2012, 03:52:16 PM

Give me Blackmon, Richardson or Claiborne. I don't think we should draft a RT at #5.

My only knock is that the guy is 175 pounds. Like to see him bulk up to be honest, I rather have a RB. Blount is overrated by fans.
Richardson is the best RB since Peterson aka the #1 RB at his position. Some even call him a better prospect than Peterson. I rather us get a player that is the best at his position and can win games for us right now.

Using that logic... Does Revis not win games for NYJ? In my eyes, Claiborne has Island corner potential.
Running backs like Peterson and McFadden go top 5 because of their big play potential. Rich does not have nearly the athletic ability of those two.
And look where picking those guys have gotten them, DMC is always hurt and Peterson just shredded his knee and may never be the same.
No. Elite CB's don't reflect the scoreboard as much as a 3 down back does. Revis benefits greatly from a good front 7 pass rush. Rich does have the athletic ability, what are you talking about? His incredible run against ole miss wasn't "athletic"? Or, how about him making safeties and cornerbacks look stupid in the open field with his ability to change direction on a dime? His agility is top notch and he packs the get a way. Please do tell what "style" Richardson has, because he doesn't run high like Peterson or DMC.

And sure every "elite CB" coming into the draft has Revis Island potential. That's the thing, some great "elite" prospects never hit their pinnacle.

Terrance Newman
Carlos Rogers
Patrick Peterson
DeAngelo Hall
Quinton Jammer
Dunta Robinson

Claiborne doesn't even stand out from the elite prospects taken top 10 from the last 10 years or so.

I hate these types of arguments. Those guys have nothing to do with this guy and if you look at most positions - you'll find some turkeys. What are we going to do? Not draft anyone because the last few years a certain player at a certain position busted? It's silly.
: February 03, 2012, 03:53:59 PM JasonOfthetower

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 03, 2012, 03:56:27 PM

Give me Blackmon, Richardson or Claiborne. I don't think we should draft a RT at #5.
If the Bucs draft Kalil or Reiff, they're not going to play RT for ten years. They'd only play there for 1-2 years until Penn further declines or eats himself out of the league.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 03, 2012, 04:11:16 PM

Terrance Newman
Carlos Rogers
Patrick Peterson
DeAngelo Hall
Quinton Jammer
Dunta Robinson

I hate these types of arguments. Those guys have nothing to do with this guy and if you look at most positions - you'll find some turkeys. What are we going to do? Not draft anyone because the last few years a certain player at a certain position busted? It's silly.
No seriously, what separates Claiborne from those "elite CB" prospects? Those guys are comparable to him coming in as a prospect.  I've already laid out what separates Richardson from all elite RB prospects the past years.

And no, you missed the point, completely. You compare elite prospects from other elite prospects from years past to see weather or not, you're going to get a similar type player. Kinda how Calvin Johnson was compared against AJ/Fitz/Roy Williams etc...Its a common and necessary thing to do because if you find out what separates player A from player B in a certain year, you can kind of foresee what type of player your getting.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 03, 2012, 04:13:28 PM

I guess I can't compare Andrew Luck to Rivers, both Manning's, Stafford, and Bradford huh? Because its "silly", lmao. Nah, I would like to see how this years elite QB compares against other in past. And in this case, Luck has a few attributes that standout from Eli, Stafford, and Bradford.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 03, 2012, 04:29:56 PM

If the Bucs draft Kalil or Reiff, they're not going to play RT for ten years. They'd only play there for 1-2 years until Penn further declines or eats himself out of the league.
From that standpoint, it's an excellent pick if you go that way. I've warmed up considerably to the idea of picking either player.
Reiff or Kalil, A LB along the lines of Hightower or Lewis, then with luck have James there atop the third round. Go FA for a CB and WR. That would work.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 03, 2012, 04:32:37 PM

Unfortunately, the Bucs are desperate for a corner.   I hate picking a corner that high.

Same here. Especially considering we could have easily filled a Cornerback spot with an elite player through FA last year......

Bucs are desperate at lb as well.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 03, 2012, 04:57:10 PM

Elite CB's don't reflect the scoreboard as much as a 3 down back does. Revis benefits greatly from a good front 7 pass rush.

Dude, you are shrooming. The Jets pass rush has ranked in the 20's for most of Revis' career. Only in his first season and this past season have the Jets even cracked the top 15 in sacks. Revis is a shut down corner. The pass rush benefits from having him on the back end, not vice versa.

Rich does have the athletic ability, what are you talking about? His incredible run against ole miss wasn't "athletic"? Or, how about him making safeties and cornerbacks look stupid in the open field with his ability to change direction on a dime? His agility is top notch and he packs the get a way. Please do tell what "style" Richardson has, because he doesn't run high like Peterson or DMC.

Watch some Chris Polk highlights:

Dude is projected to have a higher top end speed than Richardson, caught just as many passes, is a decent blocker, and is just as athletic. The main difference between the two is that Richardson played for the best team in college football, and Polk played for a team that went 19-31 while he was there.

Terrance Newman
Carlos Rogers
Patrick Peterson
DeAngelo Hall
Quinton Jammer
Dunta Robinson

Well, I could point out that there are 7 Pro Bowls between the guys you named there, but that's not even the biggest point to be made. The question you need to be asking yourself is if there is a bigger gap talent-wise between LeGarrette Blount and Trent Richardson as there is between any of the guys on that list and E.J. Biggers? That's the only thing that really matters.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 03, 2012, 05:18:42 PM

Please stop with all the comparisons of Trent Richardson and all these 2 and 3 round runningbacks.

They are nothing like Richardson at all. He is a top 10 prospect for a reason while they are 2 and 3 round prospects for a reason.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Todd McShay's Latest Mock 2.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools