Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, starting to get really worried « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucD

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 03, 2012, 12:46:54 PM

So everyone's in a tizzy that we don't have a staff yet. What exactly would the staff be doing this week that they won't be doing next week? It's not like OTA's begin tomorrow.

I, for one, would rather they take their time and find the right guys rather than rush just to put a body in a spot.

Shhhh

They'll never learn if you just give them the answers...

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 03, 2012, 12:50:15 PM

They're "negotiating"...

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 03, 2012, 12:50:31 PM

I'm with J of the T.

This isn't an episode of Magruber - the Glazers have time.  Had they decided on a HC in mid-January when there were more openings, then the pressure to quickly gather coaches would have been greater. But at this point, they are close to the only game in town. 

I'm sure they have a goal of having a staff in place by a certain date, but it's not based  on or influenced by the musings of message board posters. I also suspect that the plan involves announcing the most of the staff, or at least both coordinators at the same time.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 03, 2012, 12:52:45 PM

So everyone's in a tizzy that we don't have a staff yet. What exactly would the staff be doing this week that they won't be doing next week? It's not like OTA's begin tomorrow.

I, for one, would rather they take their time and find the right guys rather than rush just to put a body in a spot.

Couldn't have said it better. Chillaxe people. It's not like this coming season is gonna be anything spectacular anyway. It's gonna take time to rebuild this team.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 03, 2012, 01:01:58 PM

You all are forgetting how secretive the Glazers are. Remember when Sherman was a finalist for the job?

We don't know what's going on, Schiano might hire a bombshell for all we know.

No news just means there's nothing the talking heads know. The Glazers are like the CIA, remember?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 03, 2012, 01:03:58 PM

No news just means there's nothing the talking heads know. The Glazers are like the CIA, remember?

They really are. There are unmanned drone aircraft flying over OBP

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 03, 2012, 01:09:43 PM

The entrance to the Glazers' office room at OBP is like the opening of Get Smart:

DailyRich68

Starter
#37 : February 03, 2012, 01:11:18 PM

I'm not really worried about just having our scouts at the Shrine game and the Senior Bowl.  How somebody plays in a meaningless all-star game isn't nearly important as looking as their body of work in games that matter.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 03, 2012, 02:14:44 PM

Scouts are at the Shrine and Senior Bowl is to evaluate players in Practice. Game tape is broken down after the fact. Draft prep 101.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 03, 2012, 02:15:09 PM

I will be officially worried Monday morning if the Bucs don't have at least the coordinator spots nailed down.

be honest, you will be worried either way.

No, by Monday coordinator spots have to be decided on or else it will avalanche into ugly in a hurry.

Well, more than 48 hours ago, you said it was 48 hours or bust.  Plus, since you think Schiano is going to be a total dud anyway, why would it matter?

I decided to give them more time given it is SB weekend.

It doesn't look good, but Monday will tell us a lot for sure.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 03, 2012, 02:16:55 PM

Thanks for your generosity - duly noted.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 03, 2012, 02:31:13 PM

I decided to give them more time given it is SB weekend.

It doesn't look good, but Monday will tell us a lot for sure.

I'm sure that means everything to them, alldaway.  :P

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 03, 2012, 03:16:31 PM

You are welcome.

But Monday morning I will voice my displeasure if the paint hasn't dried yet.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 03, 2012, 05:58:11 PM

Alldaway has ONLY displeasure as a working emotion. that is the problem.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 03, 2012, 06:59:35 PM

Ira Kaufman was just on Primetime and flat out said he is really worried about the quality of Schiano's potential staff.  Says coaches are asking him what the deal is and he had no answers.  THis guy can't even put a simple staff together.  How is going to run PRO style practices?  Pro style schemes?

Man this hire is looking worse and worse.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, starting to get really worried « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools