Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs make a big splash in free agency? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabingnrt

Starter

#30 : February 05, 2012, 01:42:05 PM

who are the tier 1 FA's who won championships?
Drew Brees? Listen the recipe isnt to go washington redskins but u cant do tampa bay buccaneers either espcially when u draft mccoys cadillacs and adams with top 5 picksr

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 05, 2012, 01:55:09 PM

2 teams wanted drew brees.  two.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 05, 2012, 01:59:34 PM

This thread confirms to me there will be many unhappy people when free agency comes around.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 05, 2012, 11:32:50 PM

This thread confirms to me there will be many unhappy people when free agency comes around.

Actually I will not be unhappy because I already know what will happen.  I tried to warn people back in July, but apparently people have been lulled into some kind of slumber.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 06, 2012, 12:13:00 AM

Actually I will not be unhappy because I already know what will happen.  I tried to warn people back in July, but apparently people have been lulled into some kind of slumber.

Got it all out last year and for the Schiano hiring I assume.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 06, 2012, 12:14:32 AM

I can't say I'll ever be happy when the Bucs miss a chance to improve.

In Verner We Trust

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#36 : February 06, 2012, 12:16:11 AM

I know the Glazers/Dominik will be on the sidelines when it starts, I won't get upset.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 06, 2012, 02:59:08 PM

More of the same. Nothing new.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 06, 2012, 09:37:28 PM

More of the same. Nothing new.

It sure looks that way.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 06, 2012, 09:58:03 PM

Screw quantity, I want quality. I don't want names, I want football players. Virtually nobody in Tampa knew the name Hardy Nickerson when Sam went out and got him. Revisionists may have you believe otherwise, but most Bucs fans considered him a "nobody" and they asked "Hardy who?" when he was signed. People here knew Greg Lloyd, they didn't know Nickerson. And Nickerson didn't come here because the Bucs were any good or that he could win a championship here, he came here for money and nothing more. I always liked Hardware, but he was notoriously money-driven.

That turned out to be a pretty good signing, despite him being fairly obscure. But as a fan, I hoping to see some decent activity from the Bucs in FA this year. While this team is not close enough to drop a ton of cash on free agents, there is a definite need to upgrade the roster with some proven talent and not to rely on draft alone.

Build through the draft, supplement your roster with judicious use of free agency, then when you get close solidify your roster with a few strategically acquired top free agents.

sharp2325

Starter

#40 : February 06, 2012, 11:30:25 PM

I think we need to worry more about getting enough coaches before we worry about FA. Holy crap.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 06, 2012, 11:41:10 PM

I think we need to worry more about getting enough coaches before we worry about FA. Holy crap.

Haha I agree.  ;D

Maybe by Valentines Day the Bucs will have coordinators set...right? 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs make a big splash in free agency? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools